Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Iceland chant

Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:40 pm

Is it just me or is the Iceland chant where they shout once and clap at the same time getting quicker really cool

Re: Iceland chant

Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:00 pm

Dinistr wrote:Is it just me or is the Iceland chant where they shout once and clap at the same time getting quicker really cool

It was ace.

Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:25 pm

Iceland players doing it with them after the game

Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:34 pm

Us Cardiff City fans should use it next season in tribute to Gunnar's brilliant performances for Iceland. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:14 pm

lathamgaffney wrote:Us Cardiff City fans should use it next season in tribute to Gunnar's brilliant performances for Iceland. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

f*cking right!

Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:16 pm

nubbsy wrote:
lathamgaffney wrote:Us Cardiff City fans should use it next season in tribute to Gunnar's brilliant performances for Iceland. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

f*cking right!

Would be brilliant if we could get that going! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:18 pm

lathamgaffney wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

f*cking right!

We can barely muster up a clap for men of Harlech these days. That chant takes passion! Maybe at away games...

Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:20 pm

nubbsy wrote:
lathamgaffney wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

f*cking right!

We can barely muster up a clap for men of Harlech these days. That chant takes passion! Maybe at away games...

Very true. Maybe if we have a stormer of a season, fans return, and then we can give it a go! :lol:

Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:46 am

I thought it was excellent and is bound to be copied at many grounds next season.

Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:25 am

I'm glad others noticed how cool that was! We need to jump on that one

It'll be a horrible reminder for any England fans

Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:14 pm

Iceland war cry was amazing :ayatollah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSgxVOFLkd0

Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:50 pm

We really should get it going next season
Especially if Gunnar is playing

Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:12 pm

Awesome!!

Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:57 pm

Please no, why in this day and age everyone has to copy other teams songs, I mean look at football grounds these days on match days its the same chants just a word changed to suit whatever team you support or worse still the same song chanted by every club over and over, its cringey, will griggs on fire and that don't take me home chant are the latest chant repreated over and over just a word changed to suit the players name :oops:

Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:11 pm

If any opposing fans started that chant, I'd respond to any 'ooh' with 'there it is' :lol:

Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:45 pm

Please no.

It is a viking war chant, we are not vikings. The thought of our mongo speccy, bucktoothed, obese, acne ridden fanbase doing this sends me into a cringe induced spasm.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:00 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Please no.

It is a viking war chant, we are not vikings. The thought of our mongo speccy, bucktoothed, obese, acne ridden fanbase doing this sends me into a cringe induced spasm.

Hear hear oldman :laughing5:

Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:39 pm

Use it - sounds awesome. Dare we create an atmosphere?

Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:39 pm

What do they shout ? And maybe we can turn it into one just for Gunner if he is still with us.

Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:47 pm

Ahh it's "Huh" Our lot will never learn the words :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:14 pm

It would be a chant for gunnar and complete piss take to the English. No come back to that lol

Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:32 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Ahh it's "Huh" Our lot will never learn the words :lol: :lol: :lol:

As we have the honour of having Gunner on our books we should chant 'throw' :idea:

Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:36 pm

No we shouldn't do it. It's an Icelandic chant, no one else's.

Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:36 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Please no.

Did you just make this up?

Iceland stole it from Motherwell, and started using it in 2014. I think you should calm down mate

Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:09 pm

Let's face it our current crop of songs are almost as dull as the ccs. We desperately need new ones. The captain of Iceland plays for us. It will be a great f you to all the English fans, it sounds good. Enough said.

Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:22 pm

NOPE! :shock:

We need to get our OWN songs and identity back rather than copying others! :roll:

Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:31 pm

All our songs have always been nicked from another club haven't they???

Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:20 am

Sven wrote:

NOPE! :shock:

We need to get our OWN songs and identity back rather than copying others! :roll:

Got to disagree with that, bud. Simple chant - shows respect to Gunnarsson's performances at Euro 2016 and a bit of banter against our English rivals. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:53 pm

goats wrote:All our songs have always been nicked from another club haven't they???

98% prob mate...

Men of Harlech, little pick and shovel... The only two unique songs that I can think we've got.

I think it would just be a piss take to the English to be honest.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:18 pm

nubbsy wrote:
goats wrote:All our songs have always been nicked from another club haven't they???

98% prob mate...

Men of Harlech, little pick and shovel... The only two unique songs that I can think we've got.

I think it would just be a piss take to the English to be honest.

MOH was first sung by Wrexham fans long before we took it over with the words da da da da