Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

New talent coming through next season?

Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:04 pm

Ok, joe ralls,declan john,kadeem harris,tommy osullivan are all names that have been mentioned about in the past... but do you think any other players could break through into the first team next season, any of the younger players from the development team last season or any of the younger players again who have just graduated to the development side???

Anyone in the know with our youth prospects have any hopes for some of our academy players making the breakthrough under trollope and the new regime??

Re: New talent coming through next season?

Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:18 pm

O Sullian Wharton and Healey. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:35 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:O Sullian Wharton and Healey. :ayatollah:

I watched about 5 or 6 development games last season.

Tommy O`Sullivan didn't play in many as he was on loan at Newport County. For me , Theo Wharton hasn`t come on as a player from the potential he showed a couple of seasons ago. I have seen nothing to suggest Healey will press hard for a first team place. None of the three have stood out as outstanding at development level.

Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:38 pm

Johnny Williams, Tom Lawrence Emyr Huws would do for me

Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:50 pm

oxfordblue wrote:Johnny Williams, Tom Lawrence Emyr Huws would do for me

None play for ccfc your missing the point. And lawrence has no end product same can be said for jonny williams no end product and blows hot and cold

Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:52 pm

ccfcsince62 wrote:

Tommy O`Sullivan didn't play in many as he was on loan at Newport County. For me , Theo Wharton hasn`t come on as a player from the potential he showed a couple of seasons ago. I have seen nothing to suggest Healey will press hard for a first team place. None of the three have stood out as outstanding at development level.

As someone who has watched the development games last season who would you say looked our best player in these games?

Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:51 pm

BlueMagic wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:

As someone who has watched the development games last season who would you say looked our best player in these games?

The ones who I would say have a chance in the shorter term of continuing to develop and press for a first team squad place (none of them obviously ready just yet ) are Tom James and David Tutonda in defence and Robbie Patten and Jamie Veale in midfield.