UPDATED: 'TOP GEAR' ON ROCKY ROAD CONFIRMED

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:19 pm

BBC Top Gear:

UPDATED Chris Evans Resigns :shock:

Co-Host Matt LeBlanc Says He Will Leave TV Show If Chris Evans is Not Fired, Reports Say

The former "Friends" actor has allegedly been frustrated with Evans' attitude towards the team on the show, outlets reported. BBC has reportedly agreed to pay Le Blanc for two series.
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: 'TOP GEAR' ON A ROCKY ROAD ALREADY?

Postby Sven » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:21 pm

Very poor series IMHO since they changed the cast but not the format! :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Rydogsccfc » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:24 pm

If the BBC has any sense they would bring back Clarkson/May/Hammond back right now.
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby Sven » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:05 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:If the BBC has any sense they would bring back Clarkson/May/Hammond back right now.

Ryan, I honestly don't think Clarkson would go back...and the other two wouldn't do it without him! :thumbup:

Whispers are that Clarkson is working towards a rival project with another channel but nothing confirmed. I hope it happens though, as I liked the original programme/format and Clarkson's (often outrageous) wit! His books are a scream, if you don't take them seriously! ;) :laughing6:
Sven

Postby darran1927 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:09 pm

Sven wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:If the BBC has any sense they would bring back Clarkson/May/Hammond back right now.

Ryan, I honestly don't think Clarkson would go back...and the other two wouldn't do it without him! :thumbup:

Whispers are that Clarkson is working towards a rival project with another channel but nothing confirmed. I hope it happens though, as I liked the original programme/format and Clarkson's (often outrageous) wit! His books are a scream, if you don't take them seriously! ;) :laughing6:

He's got another show on Amazon Prime with May and Hammond it's called "the grand tour " it's out in the Autumn
darran1927

Postby Rydogsccfc » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:20 pm

darran1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:

He's got another show on Amazon Prime with May and Hammond it's called "the grand tour " it's out in the Autumn

Correct it will definitely be better than the new tripe BBC have come up with. :thumbright: :ayatollah:
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:55 pm

Not my thing but have seen plenty of Top Gear fans on social media say they'd rather Matt Le Blanc be the main host than Chris Evans.

Like I say though, not my thing and haven't seen any of it. A car's a car to me :lol:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby avondaleblue » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:09 am

Wow look how fast this car goes..........screeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaccccchhhhhhhhh. f*cking joke of a show! :o
avondaleblue

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:24 am

I love the new show. The Clarkson era was legendary and will be repeated for years on UK Gold in the same fashion as Only Fools and Horses.

But you get the feeling that it's day was up and something fresh was needed. Admittedly Evans has not been brilliant but Matt LeBlanc has been brilliant and I like the others (Chris Harris, Sabine Schmitz, Eddie Jordan & Rory Reid).

It is also more of a motoring show again and they have reviewed some a amazing cars this series.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Sven » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:49 am

darran1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Thanks, Darran. I can look forward to that, then, as I'm a Prime member :thumbup:

Watched the first show with the new 'Top Gear' crew (despite saying I wouldn't) and found it very contrived and a sad rip-off of the former show and its far more able hosts!

I don't normally mind the Ginger one or Matt Le Blanc (he's quite amusing for an American! LOL :laughing6: ) but they needed to change to format to make it work with new people but sadly they didn't and the show is now suffering badly :cry:
Sven

Postby Rydogsccfc » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:51 am

Sven wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Thanks, Darran. I can look forward to that, then, as I'm a Prime member :thumbup:

Watched the first show with the new 'Top Gear' crew (despite saying I wouldn't) and found it very contrived and a sad rip-off of the former show and its far more able hosts!

I don't normally mind the Ginger one or Matt Le Blanc (he's quite amusing for an American! LOL :laughing6: ) but they needed to change to format to make it work with new people but sadly they didn't and the show is now suffering badly :cry:

We want Clarkson let our voices be heard!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy:
Rydogsccfc

Postby mr_nellio » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:35 pm

I think Evans tries to hard. Get's overexcited and it sounds forced where I think the others are more natural. I still like it but preferred it when the other 3 were presenting.

Will be interesting to see how the grand tour shapes up in comparison!
Blue for life
mr_nellio

Postby Jimmy Scoular » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:50 pm

Chris Evans a talent ?????? What are we coming to.He is a total knob of a human being
Jimmy Scoular

Postby Bluebird For Life » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:13 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I love the new show. The Clarkson era was legendary and will be repeated for years on UK Gold in the same fashion as Only Fools and Horses.

But you get the feeling that it's day was up and something fresh was needed. Admittedly Evans has not been brilliant but Matt LeBlanc has been brilliant and I like the others (Chris Harris, Sabine Schmitz, Eddie Jordan & Rory Reid).

It is also more of a motoring show again and they have reviewed some a amazing cars this series.

Still undecided on the whole, but I think Rory Reid & Chris Harris have been terrific finds while Matt Le Blanc is such a natural and should have the main role.
Bluebird For Life

Postby noisycat » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:21 pm

My problem is the fact that it's pretty much the same format and very similar situations with new presenters. Ginger always said he would protect the show but I think he needed to change some parts of the show. Ok use the Stig but don't use the same phrase, "Some Say". I have watched it so far but may not watch another series.
noisycat

Postby SwampCCFC » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:39 pm

at a risk of sounding like a broken record, what made the show was the presenters. there is no point attempting to replicate that as clarkson and co will be starring in their own show.

they needed to take the show in a new direction. PC fun and games doesnt do it for me. there is no exact formula and the test is the ratings. i've watched 3 of the shows and matt leblanc is definitely a hit - even if he knows very little about cars. evans is charismatic but annoying to watch - however thats just one opinion. i don't like the merry go round of presenters, again thats just me. then again, i am watching the show with the preconception that it will be crap, like many others.

in my opinion the BBC should have sold the rights to top gear.
SwampCCFC

Postby darran1927 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:57 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:I love the new show. The Clarkson era was legendary and will be repeated for years on UK Gold in the same fashion as Only Fools and Horses.

Still undecided on the whole, but I think Rory Reid & Chris Harris have been terrific finds while Matt Le Blanc is such a natural and should have the main role.
Matt Le Blanc surprised me, he's the best thing on the show
darran1927

Postby Bluebird For Life » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:29 am

darran1927 wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

I think it has to have time to move away from the tried and tested formula. At the moment, it has to justify its existence by getting ratings and a radical move away from what people have loved over the past decade would be too risky. Probably going to take a couple of series before [if] these presenter put their own stamp on it.
Bluebird For Life

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:07 am

Bluebird For Life wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

I think it has to have time to move away from the tried and tested formula. At the moment, it has to justify its existence by getting ratings and a radical move away from what people have loved over the past decade would be too risky. Probably going to take a couple of series before [if] these presenter put their own stamp on it.

That's a fair comment as some of the co-presenters mainly Chris Harris and Rory Reid will come into their own over the rest of the series.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Bluemellons » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:38 am

I like the new presenters. I loved the old show but it was becoming more of a comedy than a car show.
This lot have made the show more factual and informative. :thumbup:
Bluemellons

Postby McNaughtyButNice » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:41 pm

Rather than start a new topic - thought I would dig this back up

BREAKING NEWS from the BBC - Chris Evans has stepped down from Top Gear. Seems he was reading thsi forum! (and many others I guess)

Full story here [urlhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36707266][/url]
Last edited by McNaughtyButNice on Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McNaughtyButNice

Re: UPDATED 'TOP GEAR' ON A ROCKY ROAD ALREADY?

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:43 pm

UPDATED Chris Evans Resigns :shock:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sven » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:UPDATED Chris Evans Resigns :shock:

Still a poor imitation of its former self and it appears Matt Le Blanc has got his way! :thumbup:
Sven

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:50 pm

Shame really but with Leblanc it's in safe hands.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Sven » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:07 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Shame really but with Leblanc it's in safe hands.

Tony, Le Blanc has been the only light in a dark sky since Top Gear returned and (apparently) he asked for Chris Evans' removal from the series

Hopefully a revamp and they all move forward positively :ayatollah:
Sven

Re: UPDATED: 'TOP GEAR' ON ROCKY ROAD CONFIRMED

Postby SwampCCFC » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:34 pm

evans never really did the business. le blanc clearly worked and ollie marriage was quite good, but the rest of the presenters were poor.

overall, a pretty crap series from what i saw of it. how long will they persevere with it?
SwampCCFC

Postby nubbsy » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:16 pm

Chris Evans is a complete and utter wank stain. On that basis I won't be going out of my way to watch the show.
nubbsy

Postby Nuclearblue » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:55 pm

What a shite show. It's boring it has no soul, the presenters have no chemistry. Watching I didn't even crack a smile, then watching on Dave and James May with one of his quips had me in tears. Hammond May and Clarkson had the chemistry to pull off the things they did. I know it wasn't everyone's cup of tea but then don't watch. But I loved the old show and the BBC have screwed up big time. We all knew they screwed up and we all knew the new format would never work, but the BBC invested heavily in the show and it's bombed like most of us predicted.
Will be interesting how there new show pans out and am looking forward to it.
Nuclearblue

Return to General Chat