Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We are sheep-shaggers - Not SHEEP

Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:16 am

Tomorrow, 23rd June 2016 is the most important day for the future direction of our Great Country, the younger generation and generations to come.

Some will have already made their minds up as to which way they will vote, Leave or Remain, whilst many others have not or will not even vote."why should I bother? It will not change anything" I hear this said all the time from people of our great Nation.

Well it does matter tomorrow.

You are voting for our very future, our ability for our elected parliament to make our law's and future rules. You as British / Welsh people can unelect a British / welsh Government you do not agree with every 4-5 years if you so choose. If we vote to Remain within the EU we have NO control over our future. Neither will our children and their children's future. Our Proud British / Welsh identity will be, as it is already, a bit part player in an ever deeper unelected political union we will NEVER AGAIN get a chance to get out of. We will be in too deep.

I am 56 years of age, too young to have voted in 1975, for what was the EEC, a trading alliance of a few member states which was even then starting to take more and more control over our lives and Great Britain is not alone, even then as now, lots of countries had major concerns over this undemocratic union.

Take a look at this youtube clip from an oxford union debate on IN or OUT in 1975 - think? - DE JA VUE - even back then visionary speaker MP Peter Shaw warned against further integration and its future consequences on all our lives. And it's happening NOW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j-Gb8Pk2Pk

So no matter which way you intend to vote, but I strongly urge you to vote LEAVE and take back control, please do vote, for the sake of our hard fought democracy.

Think of your children and their children, etc, etc being a bit part player in this European superstate controlled by unelected Bureaucrats in Brussels or Strasbourg.

Yes, we love Europe, we always will - we just don't want to have every aspect of our lives controlled by unelected unaccountable faceless Bureaucrats. A European super state, a European Police force and Army and a European National insurance Number for every citizen in the 28 countries of the EU (soon to be 33 countries).

THINK. why do the likes of Richard Branson, Ryan air, European airbus, billionaire George Sorros, Simon Cowell, Christine Lagarde of the International monetary fund and the lovely Nicola Sturgeon, etc wish us to stay in the EU ? Because they are the moneymen/women who love the European Gravy Train not our great country - They have top accountants that save themselves billions in British Taxes in Tax havens and a lot live outside the UK.

And finally if you needed any other reason to VOTE LEAVE Tomorrow, just take a look at what our own Welsh assembly First Minister has said on 21st June 2016 - "IF IT IS A VOTE LEAVE ON THURSDAY, I WILL PERSONALLY OPEN DISCUSSIONS WITH THE EU MYSELF AS FIRST MINISTER" - so, Carwyn, the people of this great land have democratically voted to leave and you will stick two fingers up to their decision as YOU do not agree? - talk about the insane running the asylum !!!

To finish where I started, please do not act like SHEEP and follow the crowd - Save our Country and VOTE LEAVE

Thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings.
vote leave 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: We are sheep-shaggers - Not SHEEP

Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:33 am

I agree with your last sentence,rambling and then some.I am 58 and I was just old enough and I voted in and unlike you it seems that I remember the state of our nation when we joined.In those days we really were broke as a country and the only time we had to take a begging bowl to the IMF as we were skint as a country big time.I also remenber one year I had an 20% wage rise(unheard of today)only to find that inflation peaked for the year at over 25%.Take back control I hear you say.The working class man and women have more say today than they ever did the last time we were on the outside.Hand on heart now,do you really think that the likes of Boris,Gove,Farage and the rest of the right wing tory little englander club has the best interests of the ordinary man in Wales.And think about it now if we left as the political leader of our nation Mr James would have to deal with europe directly or do you want to be represented by an english MP's who ironically you didn't vote for anyway.

I'm not gonna advise anyone how to vote but instead I'll give you a much needed bit of advice.DON'T listen to soundbites from either side,make up your own mind.

I guess the most ironic thing about all this is at 58 what ever the vote is it won't affect me as I took early retirement and I'm alright jack.I'm just glad I won't be around to explain to my grandchilderen in 30yrs time why the country is fucked again and those nasty little Tory right wing wankers who promised so much are nowhere to be found.

Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:10 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:I agree with your last sentence,rambling and then some.I am 58 and I was just old enough and I voted in and unlike you it seems that I remember the state of our nation when we joined.In those days we really were broke as a country and the only time we had to take a begging bowl to the IMF as we were skint as a country big time.I also remenber one year I had an 20% wage rise(unheard of today)only to find that inflation peaked for the year at over 25%.Take back control I hear you say.The working class man and women have more say today than they ever did the last time we were on the outside.Hand on heart now,do you really think that the likes of Boris,Gove,Farage and the rest of the right wing tory little englander club has the best interests of the ordinary man in Wales.And think about it now if we left as the political leader of our nation Mr James would have to deal with europe directly or do you want to be represented by an english MP's who ironically you didn't vote for anyway.

I'm not gonna advise anyone how to vote but instead I'll give you a much needed bit of advice.DON'T listen to soundbites from either side,make up your own mind.

I guess the most ironic thing about all this is at 58 what ever the vote is it won't affect me as I took early retirement and I'm alright jack.I'm just glad I won't be around to explain to my grandchilderen in 30yrs time why the country is fucked again and those nasty little Tory right wing wankers who promised so much are nowhere to be found.

hear hear mate :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbup:

Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:22 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:I agree with your last sentence,rambling and then some.I am 58 and I was just old enough and I voted in and unlike you it seems that I remember the state of our nation when we joined.In those days we really were broke as a country and the only time we had to take a begging bowl to the IMF as we were skint as a country big time.I also remenber one year I had an 20% wage rise(unheard of today)only to find that inflation peaked for the year at over 25%.Take back control I hear you say.The working class man and women have more say today than they ever did the last time we were on the outside.Hand on heart now,do you really think that the likes of Boris,Gove,Farage and the rest of the right wing tory little englander club has the best interests of the ordinary man in Wales.And think about it now if we left as the political leader of our nation Mr James would have to deal with europe directly or do you want to be represented by an english MP's who ironically you didn't vote for anyway.

I am 34, and up until 2004 ish I was happy being in the EU, it seemed to work, this EU no one voted for, the last vote was a trade vote really, this is open door madness, and being run from a far, and in 30 years time I don't want to explain to my grand kids, why the UK is fucked because we never took the chance to vote out of this mess.

Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:46 pm

droyal wrote:

I am 34, and up until 2004 ish I was happy being in the EU, it seemed to work, this EU no one voted for, the last vote was a trade vote really, this is open door madness, and being run from a far, and in 30 years time I don't want to explain to my grand kids, why the UK is fucked because we never took the chance to vote out of this mess.

You'll be explaining to your kids why you took their right to free movement and trade with the biggest single world market away, nothing more, nothing less.

Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:19 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:
droyal wrote:

You'll be explaining to your kids why you took their right to free movement and trade with the biggest single world market away, nothing more, nothing less.

And ,Bluebird for life my friend , I am afraid that you will have to explain to your children, grandchildren and great grandchildren why our generation did not stop European federalisation when WE had the chance to stop it in 2016. :?

Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:52 pm

powysblue wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:
droyal wrote:

And ,Bluebird for life my friend , I am afraid that you will have to explain to your children, grandchildren and great grandchildren why our generation did not stop European federalisation when WE had the chance to stop it in 2016. :?

please Powys - don't be influenced by the little Englanders who have far more sinister agendas than leaving the EU and remember we have an opt out on anything that attempts to remove sovereignty, just like we have with the Euro and any other bits of the constitution we don't want to be part of. Most of my children are old enough to vote; one has a three year old daughter, and they have come to their own conclusion that being part of Europe is the way forward. I'm proud of them as free thinkers who are unconcerned by the old guard. Do you honestly want to live in a country ruled by Gove, Johnson and Farrage because I know I don't.

Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:17 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:
powysblue wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:
droyal wrote:

please Powys - don't be influenced by the little Englanders who have far more sinister agendas than leaving the EU and remember we have an opt out on anything that attempts to remove sovereignty, just like we have with the Euro and any other bits of the constitution we don't want to be part of. Most of my children are old enough to vote; one has a three year old daughter, and they have come to their own conclusion that being part of Europe is the way forward. I'm proud of them as free thinkers who are unconcerned by the old guard. Do you honestly want to live in a country ruled by Gove, Johnson and Farrage because I know I don't.

I can assure you that I am far from influenced by anyone.

But do you really think, for example, that if we give the green light (a vote to remain) to the European Bureaucrats, the 28 countries (soon to be 33) who all have a veto - you are correct - can you imagine that 27 countries say "yes" to some new piece of legislation and little old Latvia say "no"? do you honestly think that legislation will not get through? - cloud Cuckoo land my friend.

Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:24 pm

can you tell me who these new countries are? I don't really understand your point mate - WE already have a veto on several treaties involving a federal Europe, the Euro, army etc. The decision is in our hands; we don't need support from anyone... Sure Brussels could give us an ultimatum, sign up or sign off, and to be honest, that is when we SHOULD have had a referendum. This one is all about internal Tory party politics.

Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:52 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:can you tell me who these new countries are? I don't really understand your point mate - WE already have a veto on several treaties involving a federal Europe, the Euro, army etc. The decision is in our hands; we don't need support from anyone... Sure Brussels could give us an ultimatum, sign up or sign off, and to be honest, that is when we SHOULD have had a referendum. This one is all about internal Tory party politics.

My point is: The whole direction of the EU at this present moment in time is further integration and less National sovereignty. Not just for UK but many of the other skeptical countries within the EU. Most of the "poorer" (or at least used to be poorer financially) do as they are instructed and do not use their veto's as they love the extra money and Guess where that comes from? (Germany, France, UK, Denmark, Netherlands, etc). Just take Malta for example, Valletta has changed beyond recognition over the past 10 years or so. It does not take a lot to work out what direction the whole EU experiment will take all of us who are in it.

Like I say, what will be will be, if we do vote to remain, that's Democracy in action and I hope that everybody votes and takes the decision whichever way it goes.

My opinion, and I am not influenced by anybody, just what I have seen and witnessed over my adult years is VOTE LEAVE and take back control.

Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:24 pm

powysblue wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:can you tell me who these new countries are? I don't really understand your point mate - WE already have a veto on several treaties involving a federal Europe, the Euro, army etc. The decision is in our hands; we don't need support from anyone... Sure Brussels could give us an ultimatum, sign up or sign off, and to be honest, that is when we SHOULD have had a referendum. This one is all about internal Tory party politics.

My point is: The whole direction of the EU at this present moment in time is further integration and less National sovereignty. Not just for UK but many of the other skeptical countries within the EU. Most of the "poorer" (or at least used to be poorer financially) do as they are instructed and do not use their veto's as they love the extra money and Guess where that comes from? (Germany, France, UK, Denmark, Netherlands, etc). Just take Malta for example, Valletta has changed beyond recognition over the past 10 years or so. It does not take a lot to work out what direction the whole EU experiment will take all of us who are in it.

Like I say, what will be will be, if we do vote to remain, that's Democracy in action and I hope that everybody votes and takes the decision whichever way it goes.

My opinion, and I am not influenced by anybody, just what I have seen and witnessed over my adult years is VOTE LEAVE and take back control.

we'll have to agree to disagree, but your cottage pie recipe sounds delicious ;)

Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:55 pm

powysblue wrote:

If the leave agenda prevails it won't be you taking back control it will be your english betters.I hope they will remember you.

We haven't been in control of our own destiny since before the f*cking Romans were here and nothing that happens tommorow will change that.Dream on.

Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:31 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
powysblue wrote:

If the leave agenda prevails it won't be you taking back control it will be your english betters.I hope they will remember you.

We haven't been in control of our own destiny since before the f*cking Romans were here and nothing that happens tommorow will change that.Dream on.

"And what have the Romans ever done for us, ay???" :lol:

Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:07 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
powysblue wrote:

Us rebellious, unkempt Welsh boyos will be first in their sights. Pity help us when the tally ho brownshirts have a free rein!