Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

'CITY HOPE TO HAVE THREE WELSH INTERNATIONAL'S NEXT SEASON'

Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:40 am

CARDIFF CITY HOPE TO HAVE THREE WELSH INTERNATIONALS NEXT SEASON

Cardiff City are interested in signing David Cotterill from Birmingham and out of contract Hal Robson Kanu.

It has already been said that Vincent Tan wants to see more Welsh players in the first team and also wants to see younger players in the team also.

The club wanted Paul Trollope to continue his role with Wales in the Euro's despite becoming the manager of Cardiff City, as it was felt that it would benefit Trollope and the club to be around the occasion and the big players.

With Declan John already at the club and we are interested in Cotterill and Robson Kanu, we could just see three Welsh international's at CCS next season.

City want to tap into the spirit that is surrounding Welsh football at this great time.

Could the influence of Paul Trollope within the Wales camp pay dividends ?

Re: 'CITY HOPE TO HAVE THREE WELSH INTERNATIONAL'S NEXT SEAS

Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:51 am

I would love City to have some local Welsh players,for me it means more than just having players from all over, there is more passion and heart shown :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:52 am

Believe it or not, I would like to see Gunter back :thumbup:

Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:56 am

Great having Welsh players but got to be right for the team! :old:

Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:01 am

Johnny williams for me would be a great addition....

Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:26 am

Me too :thumbup:

Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:46 am

This is something i have missed having local Welsh boys playing for us,it gives the fans that little bit extra to be able to relate to the players knowing there from the area.
Lets hope to see the younger players progressing to the first team otherwise the academy is wasted talent. :bluebird:

Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:59 am

So disappointed not to have one Cardiff city player involved in our success in euros we must put that right in the future

Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:01 am

So disappointed not to have one Cardiff city player involved in our success in euros we must put that right in the future

Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:06 am

since64 wrote:So disappointed not to have one Cardiff city player involved in our success in euros we must put that right in the future

Agree with this 100%
For me Cotterill is too similar to players we already have and Robson-Kanu doesn't score enough goals to be a main striker for us. Let's focus on developing the talent from within and bringing through the youth. No doubt that the catchment area is big enough to generate real talent if given a chance. WE just need to make sure we identify the next generation of Ramseys and Bales, help them develop adn then let them flourish at Cardiff City. :bluebird:

Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:50 am

I thought Gunter had a great game last night

Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:57 am

A former Jack and a winger/striker who doesn't score goals! :lol:

If this is the way we benefit from Trollope being with Wales he might as well come home now.

Can't he have a word with that Ramsey lad - he looks like he could be quite good when he grows up. :thumbup:

Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:28 pm

Two players that don't score!

For me Johnny Williams and Ledley would be my first (realistic) choices!

Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:27 pm

Anyone think Trollope may introduce the Wales style of play to us? Its clearly working for them. Been doing some thinking and think we could have a pretty strong team playing a similar 5-3-2/5-3-1-1. With a few signings it could be very effective.

GK - Marshall (Providing we keep him)

RWB - Gunter (Doing a good job in this position for Wales and could be a realistic signing)
CB - Peltier/Manga (Think both would make a good CB/sweeper, similar to what Davies is playing for Wales, May not keep Manga)
CB - Morrison (The no nonsence center half winning to long balls up field)
CB - Connolly (We all know his qualities, a top, confident, ball playing center half)
LWB - Fabio/John (Both would be perfectly suited for the position, pacey and can get up and down the pitch with ease)

CM - Ralls (Our own Championship version of Rambo)
CM - Ledley (Proving his qualities for Wales, would be the first person id sign if I was Trollope)
CM - Gunnar/O'keefe (The ball winning midfielder)

CAM - J.Williams / Immers (playing in the hole linking the midfield to the forward)

ST - Fraizer Campbell (Get him back and in this system hed flourish, 20 goals a season striker we need)

Honestly think this team would have a right go next season, get rid of the dead wood (Noone, Adeyemi, Malone, Le Fondre, Macheda, Dikgacoi) and this would free up money for the four new signings :bluescarf: :) :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:23 pm

cardiffred wrote:Anyone think Trollope may introduce the Wales style of play to us? Its clearly working for them. Been doing some thinking and think we could have a pretty strong team playing a similar 5-3-2/5-3-1-1. With a few signings it could be very effective.

RWB - Gunter (Doing a good job in this position for Wales and could be a realistic signing)
CB - Peltier/Manga (Think both would make a good CB/sweeper, similar to what Davies is playing for Wales, May not keep Manga)
CB - Connolly (We all know his qualities, a top, confident, ball playing center half)
LWB - Fabio/John (Both would be perfectly suited for the position, pacey and can get up and down the pitch with ease)

CM - Ledley (Proving his qualities for Wales, would be the first person id sign if I was Trollope)

CAM - J.Williams / Immers (playing in the hole linking the midfield to the forward)

ST - Fraizer Campbell (Get him back and in this system hed flourish, 20 goals a season striker we need)

Honestly think this team would have a right go next season, get rid of the dead wood (Noone, Adeyemi, Malone, Le Fondre, Macheda, Dikgacoi) and this would free up money for the four new signings :bluescarf: :) :ayatollah:

In our dreams mate!

The only thing I'll say is I'd have Fabio right back and John left back. I don't think we need to sign a full back. And as much as I'd love Ledley I don't think he'd drop down to the championship... Same as Campbell wages are prob too much.

Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:45 pm

nubbsy wrote:
cardiffred wrote:Anyone think Trollope may introduce the Wales style of play to us? Its clearly working for them. Been doing some thinking and think we could have a pretty strong team playing a similar 5-3-2/5-3-1-1. With a few signings it could be very effective.

In our dreams mate!

The only thing I'll say is I'd have Fabio right back and John left back. I don't think we need to sign a full back. And as much as I'd love Ledley I don't think he'd drop down to the championship... Same as Campbell wages are prob too much.

Fair play!

For me this team wouldnt require over spending and as for Ledley and Campbell both will be much down the pecking order and i feel both could well be playing in the championship/ lower half prem next year.

I honestly think with a little ambition this team is realistic.

Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:52 pm

why does this link with Robson Kanu keep popping up? the lad himself has said he would never play for us and with Swansea reportedly interested and Villa there is no way he is coming here and I for one wouldn't want him here. now johnny Williams is another thing all together. get him at all costs. he has always been impressive when playing against us and playing for Wales. I don't think we need ledley when we have o keefe and Ralls. he would want big money and not guaranteed to play. would love to have gunter but I think Fabio is our first choice RB this season which im more than happy with :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:21 pm

Love to have some Welsh boys playing for our Capital City,like the look of this team with Ledley as captain,he knows how to build team spirit and is popular with Welsh Team and Management.

Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:50 pm

HRK is not Welsh, he qualifies to play for Wales.

I think the club are getting confused, we want Welsh players in the team from the youth academy. Look at our youth academy graduates who are in starting 11 at the EURO's :ayatollah: , with VT's millions the ambition should be to produce talents and keep them at the club.

I see this move as nothing more than trying to cash in on the current good vibes of the national team

Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:55 pm

Bring through the youth and turn them into Internationals that's the way. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:58 pm

Why HRK. We already have strikers who can't score.

Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:39 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Bring through the youth and turn them into Internationals that's the way. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

I agree with that.

In the meantime I just want us to sign some players who will improve our squad for next season.

I don't care if they're Welsh, English, Australian, Turkish or from anywhere, as long as they are better than what we have.

No point signing players who are no better than what we've got just because they're Welsh.
Last edited by davids on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:41 pm

davids wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:Bring through the youth and turn them into Internationals that's the way. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

I agree with that.

In the meantime I just want us to sign some players who will improve our squad for next season.

I don't care if they're Welsh, English, Australian, Turkish or form anywhere, as long as they are better than what we have.

No point signing players who are no better than what we've got just because they're Welsh.

I agree also. :lol: :thumbup:

Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I would love City to have some local Welsh players,for me it means more than just having players from all over, there is more passion and heart shown :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:thumbup:

Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:10 pm

What a load of bullshit this post is imo. Just going off bullshit rumours. If we do sign cotteril and kanu next season welcome mid table again simple.

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:12 am

Cottrill - really - is that the height of our managers ambition?

Robson Kanu - likewise?

City need far better players than these two.

Yes it would be nice to have welsh players but that is not a priority.