Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' GREAT NEWS & LONG MAY IT CONTINUE '

Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:13 am

Ive just been told officially that there was not one incident of Welsh and English fans fighting inside or outside the stadium at yesterdays match.

Months before this game, this game was high up there as a high risk game and not many would of ever believed that this game would of passed of not just peacefully but with friendships being made.

Welsh fans arrested ZERO :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Many English fans were seen shaking hands with the Welsh before yesterdays game and after the game many put their arms around the Welsh fans and were saying we hope you go through to the next rounds with us :ayatollah:

As soon as the fans left the stadium, there were was loud singing once again of "Were England and Wales,We are England and Wales f**k off Russia We are England and Wales"

Also all through the night there were no incidents reported of any trouble between the Welsh and the English fans.

So far 45 Russians have now been deported including 5 sent to prison.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' GREAT NEWS & LONG MAY IT CONTINUE '

Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:15 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:29 am

Great news :ayatollah: :bluebird:

I do worry about the behaviour of our fans on Monday though, because we all know what the Russians will be there for.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:26 pm

That "We're England, we're Wales..." is possibly the most cringeworthy song ever sung!!! Why would any proper lads get involved in that nonsense.
Most Wall i know have a far bigger rivalry/dislike of cardiff than they have of any Russians

Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:30 pm

Philmfc wrote:That "We're England, we're Wales..." is possibly the most cringeworthy song ever sung!!! Why would any proper lads get involved in that nonsense.
Most Wall i know have a far bigger rivalry/dislike of cardiff than they have of any Russians

What is a proper lad??

Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:38 pm

erinsown wrote:
Philmfc wrote:That "We're England, we're Wales..." is possibly the most cringeworthy song ever sung!!! Why would any proper lads get involved in that nonsense.

What is a proper lad??

Proper lad FFs cringeworthy or what :laughing5:

Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:40 pm

Millwall were picking on barnsley women and kids pwoper naughty that :roll:

Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:47 pm

Much easier to sing "We're Britain". Good to see some fun being had and not hear about poor innocents being hospitalised by dead end nutters.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:54 pm

erinsown wrote:Millwall were picking on barnsley women and kids pwoper naughty that :roll:

:lol:

Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:55 pm

Mate, i'm f*cking out there and its been good to be together against the Ruskies, we have our banter thats as far as its gone between us and the English, Millwall don't even get on with their own :lol:

Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:57 pm

erinsown wrote:

What is a proper lad??

Calling a song cringeworthy and then using the words 'proper lad'

U is propa nawty

Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:59 pm

England football fan proudly shows off his country's colours among a sea of Wales fans

17 JUN 2016

BY ANDY LINES

This doesn't happen very often at football matches - but the fan doesn't seem to be getting much bother from Welsh fans

Daily Mirror

You've got to hand it to this England fan - he is brave.

The fan was sitting in his England colours among a sea of Welsh fans in red - and he's been called the 'bravest in Britain'.

He was spotted by Daily Mirror photographer Andy Stenning after the final whistle blew moments after Welsh hearts were broken by a late England winning goal.

Wales and England fans have been rinsing each other in France
It's a scene Welsh rugby fans might be very used to seeing - but it's very rare in football crowds.

Andy Stenning/Daily MirrorIt might be normal for rugby but this is very rare in football
The photo has been re-tweeted many times on Twitter with some pointing out the fan next to him is wearing a Bournemouth shirt so could be either an England or a Wales fan.

We don't know who the fan is.

These English and Welsh fans are getting on brilliantly in France

But fellow England supporter Robert Kavanagh told The Mirror : “What a great picture and the England supporter is clearly completely comfortable in the middle of the Wales fans in his shirt.

“That's the way football should be. There was no trouble at the game whatsoever.”

Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:06 pm

Welsh fans have been praised for their "excellent behaviour" before, during and after the Euro 2016 defeat to England in Lens.

Welsh police at the Euros thanked supporters in both Lens, where the match was taking place, and nearby Lille, where many England and Wales supporters were staying, for their good conduct on Thursday.

A tweet by WalesPoliceEuro said: "Superintendent Steve Furnham would like to thank all the Welsh fans for their excellent support and behaviour in Lille and Lens."

Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:50 pm

Great the way our fans behaved. But it makes you wonder what would have happened if the score had been reversed. I.e.Wales 2 England 1????
I'd like to think they ( English fans) would all behave .......but I have my doubts!

Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:55 am

the bloke in the white looks like he has been badly photoshopped into the photo.

He looks much bigger than the people around him. ?

Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:31 am

barry boy wrote:the bloke in the white looks like he has been badly photoshopped into the photo.

He looks much bigger than the people around him. ?

No mate they showed it on the TV. And the guy in the Bournemouth shirt next to him

Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:48 pm

Somethings will never change in Cardiff City Centre though with a few pubs refusing entry to anyone with a football shirt on after a certain time.

Brew house being one - No entry after 6pm for anyone with a Wales shirt on
Beerkeller - No entry without ID (Even older people)

Time for pubs to realise that following Wales isn't what it used to be. :roll:

Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:55 pm

Looks Photoshopped to me! ;)

Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:03 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:Somethings will never change in Cardiff City Centre though with a few pubs refusing entry to anyone with a football shirt on after a certain time.

Brew house being one - No entry after 6pm for anyone with a Wales shirt on
Beerkeller - No entry without ID (Even older people)

Time for pubs to realise that following Wales isn't what it used to be. :roll:

A (Wales) match day for football or rugby is different to any other and most premises are 'happy' to allow like-minded individuals/groups into their premises, but on other days they try to keep a certain decorum for their evening clientele and the wearing of football/rugby shirts is not seen as appropriate attire ;)

Fully agree with that in the smarter establishments to be fair; and there are plenty of other places that will accept your personal choice of clothing :thumbup:

Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:30 pm

KBK-13 wrote:
erinsown wrote:

What is a proper lad??

Calling a song cringeworthy and then using the words 'proper lad'

U is propa nawty

He is sick init bro, dwon with da kidz...

We aren't at war with the English ffs, I'm all for banter between us but we're stronger as brothers in arms against the political establishment rather than moronic sheep who behave like arseholes that then gives the political elite more excuses to put inhumane sanctions on ordinary people.......

But nah, let's just keep fighting the real enemy right? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:03 pm

In the bar I went to in Lille to watch the game, English fans were fighting with each other. They got arrested and I got tear gassed in result of it.