Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Our Football Lads last night V Russian Mob

Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:56 am

Gaynor Straight wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Nukes this video backs u up

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... sfGnPOV4MM

That's doesn't back up 35 v 25 going toe to toe as is claimed. It doesn't back up anyone getting knocked out and it doesnt back up the media showing the footage in order to glorify the violence.
Do you honestly think that there's tv news editors and producers around the world sat there in their Stone Island sweaters making sure that Lads are on the news giving each other a kicking to glorify their outdated and unwelcome culture?

How do explain high ratings/hits on the topic? Why wouldn't an editor include football hooliganism when it's clearly a popular subject :?:

Russian 'hooligan' Vasily the Killer says he isn't behind Euro 2016 violence... because he is on holiday with his family

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... house.html

British media reporting on hools that were not even there :roll: In fairness to your question, I have no idea if the editors of the Daily Mail wear stone island sweaters or not. :thumbup:

Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:04 am

ThomasC wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:

That's doesn't back up 35 v 25 going toe to toe as is claimed. It doesn't back up anyone getting knocked out and it doesnt back up the media showing the footage in order to glorify the violence.
Do you honestly think that there's tv news editors and producers around the world sat there in their Stone Island sweaters making sure that Lads are on the news giving each other a kicking to glorify their outdated and unwelcome culture?

How do explain high ratings/hits on the topic? Why wouldn't an editor include football hooliganism when it's clearly a popular subject :?:

Russian 'hooligan' Vasily the Killer says he isn't behind Euro 2016 violence... because he is on holiday with his family

British media reporting on hools that were not even there :roll: In fairness to your question, I have no idea if the editors of the Daily Mail wear stone island sweaters or not. :thumbup:

There's a big difference between a story being newsworthy and the subject matter in the story being popular and supported.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:13 am

Vasily 'the killer' is newsworthy or popular :?: :happy1:

You are getting the context of 'popular' wrong. Popular does not mean it's supported, it means it's err well, popular (people take time to read/watch)

Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:19 am

ThomasC wrote:Vasily 'the killer' is newsworthy or popular :?: :happy1:

Dunno - didn't know he existed until a few minutes ago.

God probably in some people's eyes.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:07 am

Ohh there are a couple of short videos now on this but they must be made up as well :roll: :roll:

Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:28 am

45 Russians now deported and 5 sent to prison.

They can say what they like,Nukes story is true.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:35 am

Look at all the bitter comments about not being able to post hooligan activity but the posters always rant about politics :lol: just because you lot ain't into it/past it doesn't mean there's no interest from other posters :thumbright: I don't watch the news for obvious reasons so I come on here for it all :D

Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:40 am

grange_end1927 wrote:
murphy wrote:I'm in lille and didn't see no Russian mob. Probably cos I was more concerned in getting pissed by the bar. Strong lager over here too.

Mate, f**k me, you say u aint see no small groups of Russians, I f have.

I seen Russian fans but no hoolies from them. I'm still in Lille if you fancy meeting for a beer later

Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:53 am

There is a serious side to this story with regard to the 2018 World Cup. A relatively small group of Russian mobsters have caused havoc and as Nukes has pointed out are not slow in coming forward in attacking fans from other nations.

Of course this is in France thousands of miles away from their homeland. You just have to wonder how bad will it will be going into the bears cave so to speak?

Also will the Russian authorities have the slightest interest in trying to stop their own considering the pride that seems apparent in some quarters of Russian society about these thugs gaining 'victories' over the previously unbeatable English?

It is not hard to imagine that every Russian city which hosts games would have a hooligan element intent on attacking fans from other nations in order to earn a reputation.

I think it has the potential to be a blood bath as UEFA have already said they will turn a blind eye to any behaviour outside of stadiums and therefore have set a precedent.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:06 am

I agree. FIFA need to take it off them.

You wouldn't wanted to be lobbed in a Russian prison for 5 years for defending yourself from an attack over there. Russia is corrupt at all levels. There would be very little sympathy for a Brit arrested over there. A Russian prison is a nightmare not worth contemplating.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:09 am

I don't condone the violence, but you cant let these Russians go around picking on ppl. Its brave some people tried to stand up to them imo.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:11 am

tylorstown18891 wrote:Look at all the bitter comments about not being able to post hooligan activity but the posters always rant about politics :lol: just because you lot ain't into it/past it doesn't mean there's no interest from other posters :thumbright: I don't watch the news for obvious reasons so I come on here for it all :D

The forum's admin/mods and posters won't be bullied, If they can't comprehend the hooligan issue is all over the media then more fool them, the forum generally is led by what the media reports so why anybody thinks hooligan topics shouldn't be prominent at present is baffling.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:12 am

ThomasC wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:Look at all the bitter comments about not being able to post hooligan activity but the posters always rant about politics :lol: just because you lot ain't into it/past it doesn't mean there's no interest from other posters :thumbright: I don't watch the news for obvious reasons so I come on here for it all :D

The forum's admin/mods and posters won't be bullied, If they can't comprehend the hooligan issue is all over the media then more fool them, the forum generally is led by what the media reports so why anybody thinks hooligan topics shouldn't be prominent at present is baffling.

Spot on Thomas :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:17 am

ThomasC wrote:

what baffles me Tom is someone said its not 'Football related' what about politics :lol: ? At least it's in the same category and I agree if it hits the papers it should be posted :thumbup:

Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:25 am

tylorstown18891 wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

what baffles me Tom is someone said its not 'Football related' what about politics :lol: ? At least it's in the same category and I agree if it hits the papers it should be posted :thumbup:

Well said and all true, the hypocrisy is there plain to see :thumbup: There really is nothing of interest to report about City at the mo :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:30 am

ThomasC wrote:

Read Nukes OP again he's glorifing hooligans like worriors going into battle. Yes it's all over the media and it's an issue that should be discussed in a sensible way not bragging that 'Cardiff Lads' stood their ground and making out it's fantastic.

I can't decide whether you're a bit naive or just a bit thick to be fair Thomas.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:34 am

Fairwaterccfc wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

Read Nukes OP again he's glorifing hooligans like worriers going into battle. Yes it's all over the media and it's an issue that should be discussed in a sensible way not bragging that 'Cardiff Lads' stood their ground and making out it's fantastic.

I can't decide whether you're a bit naive or just a bit thick to be fair Thomas.

No problems, you have your views on the subject and your entitled to them, and yes, criticism of the post is absolutely fine. I am defending the forum against the accusation we are somehow promoting hooliganism by allowing the subject to be discussed. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:39 am

ThomasC wrote:
Fairwaterccfc wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:Look at all the bitter comments about not being able to post hooligan activity but the posters alys rant about politics :lol: just because you lot ain't into it/past it doesn't mean there's no interest from other posters :thumbright: I don't watch the news for obvious reasons so I come on here for it all :D

Read Nukes OP again he's glorifing hooligans like worriers going into battle. Yes it's all over the media and it's an issue that should be discussed in a sensible way not bragging that 'Cardiff Lads' stood their ground and making out it's fantastic.

No problems, you have your views on the subject and your entitled to them, and yes, criticism of the post is absolutely fine. I am defending the forum against the accusation we are somehow promoting hooliganism by allowing the subject to be discussed. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

We'll have to agree to disagree then Thomas. :thumbup:

Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:44 am

Fairwaterccfc wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Fairwaterccfc wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:Look at all the bitter comments about not being able to post hooligan activity but the posters alys rant about politics :lol: just because you lot ain't into it/past it doesn't mean there's no interest from other posters :thumbright: I don't watch the news for obvious reasons so I come on here for it all :D

I don't disagree with you, as I said, if posters want to post disapproval on a given subject, all opinions welcome :ayatollah: You disagree with me, you think mods should close down all the hooligan topics :old: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:53 am

ThomasC wrote:
Fairwaterccfc wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Fairwaterccfc wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

I don't disagree with you, as I said, if posters want to post disapproval on a given subject, all opinions welcome :ayatollah: You disagree with me, you think mods should close down all the hooligan topics :old: :ayatollah:

Not at all, just the topics glorifying them.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:16 am

Is the OP saluting the Cardiff lads with this post or is he trying to humiliate them? It seemed to begging with it was a salute to the brave me. Who hunted a small gang. But then with then detail of how they were torn to she wads against a much smaller gang I thought maybe he here to humiliate them.

OP could you confirm which way you intended it please. ???

Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:18 am

Why did you delete the last post Thomas? You said if the BBC reported Nukes account would that be accepted. :lol:

Can you honestly imagine the BBC reporting that 20 Cardiff Lads stood firm but were no match fur the Russians. :lol:

You're having a bit if a mare there mate. Thanks for making chuckle though. :laughing5:

Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:26 am

People getting worked up over nothing in this thread although im game for a laugh as always :laughing6:

Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:00 pm

Fairwaterccfc wrote:Why did you delete the last post Thomas? You said if the BBC reported Nukes account would that be accepted. :lol:

Can you honestly imagine the BBC reporting that 20 Cardiff Lads stood firm but were no match fur the Russians. :lol:

You're having a bit if a mare there mate. Thanks for making chuckle though. :laughing5:

I have to agree here with Thomas this is a subject which is credible to debate.

I'm not a hooligan but having lived through the 70's & 80's I know it had a symbiotic attachment to football. Even now 30-40 years later it is still happening at major international tournaments.

Nukes' OP can be perceived in several different ways but having read several books on football hooliganism I can tell you it is very rare for one side to admit they took a hiding.

As I said above this is an important issue simply because the next World Cup will be played in Russia and that could hold serious ramification for home country fans who may travel in 2018.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:18 pm

Fairwaterccfc wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

Read Nukes OP again he's glorifing hooligans like worriors going into battle. Yes it's all over the media and it's an issue that should be discussed in a sensible way not bragging that 'Cardiff Lads' stood their ground and making out it's fantastic.

to be fair at least some of the Cardiff boys are giving to the Russians what the Russians are doing to innocents and obviously the English but they have been intimidating the Russians so no respect from me :thumbup: I say well done to the boys as the French police or no one else are doing f**k all about it :bluescarf:

Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:42 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Fairwaterccfc wrote:Why did you delete the last post Thomas? You said if the BBC reported Nukes account would that be accepted. :lol:

I have to agree here with Thomas this is a subject which is credible to debate.

I'm not a hooligan but having lived through the 70's & 80's I know it had a symbiotic attachment to football. Even now 30-40 years later it is still happening at major international tournaments.

Nukes' OP can be perceived in several different ways but having read several books on football hooliganism I can tell you it is very rare for one side to admit they took a hiding.

As I said above this is an important issue simply because the next World Cup will be played in Russia and that could hold serious ramification for home country fans who may travel in 2018.

I used to go home and away with the City in the 70s and 80s and although there was plenty of violence it was not a new phenomenon, men have been fighting at the football for over a century, it tends to be cylical and at the moment it's increasing. The Russkies traditionally fought the next village or town, now they've taken that to the football. Worrying thing is the extremist politics that goes with it.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:53 pm

ThomasC wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:

He is probably on holiday in France :thumbup:

Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:51 pm

erinsown wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:

He is probably on holiday in France :thumbup:

I wonder if he's one of our transfer targets? Play him in midfield and we would have a 100% procession rate as no-one would be hard enough to get the ball off him ;)

Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:30 pm

It's been happening it's has happened and a topic that can be debated, again it's football related. Some don't like the way I told what happened. For them read my alternate thread I have just put up for the sensitive.
Answer to a post I never wrote to glorify or embarrass just told it how he explained it.
For goodness sake maybe I should put an 18 rating on some posts the way many of you go on.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:49 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:this is like some snotty nose kid reporting on a school fight. grow up for heavens sake.

egging on conflict like this may get hits but the fans that go there just to watch football are the ones that pay, in terms of having to put up with draconian policing and having their reputation sullied by a minority of trouble makers.

Jasonccfc wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Some right twatish replies on here fair play. If you ain't interested don't read simples. Yes it's a football Forum but it's also a Lads football forum and I just said what actually happened.

What do you expect with that story and getting a sticky out of it :lol: :lol:
Is there a part 2 :lol: :laughing6: :happy1:

Both of these comments are spot on.

People don't think "hooligans" are tough, manly or anything else desirable.

All football fans get tarnished with the same brush.

Hooligans are just glorified vandals. They go around causing fear and destruction of other people's property and defend it by saying "we were just standing up for our lot"... Pull the other one, not buying that for one moment. You're all big boys, organise a fight in a boxing club and go for a beer afterwards :lol: