Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' COULD CITY BE AWAY FOR THE FOUR KEY DATES NEXT SEASON ? '

Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:28 pm

The Premier League fixtures were released yesterday and they may have given us a clue where Cardiff City will play their first and last matches when the fixtures for the Championship season are announced next Wednesday June 22nd.

The Bluebirds and Swansea are usually kept apart on matchday with one side at home and the other is usually away.

There have been occasions when both are home but they are few and far between.

Swansea start their season away at Burnley on Saturday August 13th, the week after the Championship season kicks off, it's likely Cardiff will be at home when Swansea travel to Turf Moor, meaning the week before, City are most likely to be away on August 6th as the first two games of the season are never both at home or both away.

Swansea are at home on Boxing Day, New Years Eve and on May 6th (the final day of the Championship season), suggesting that Cardiff will be away on those dates.

So could City start and end their season away from home and also be away on Boxing Day and New Years Eve ?

I hope that's not the case but judging by Swansea's fixtures for next season, I wouldn't bet against that scenario.

Re: ' COULD CITY BE AWAY FOR THE FOUR KEY DATES NEXT SEASON

Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:04 pm

Mostly Swansea not on same day as on TV! I cannot believe that all city's home games that clash with swans on a Saturday will be swapped? :roll:

Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:14 pm

I dont think Swansea being at home matters anymore - when we were in the premiership Yes

But 10k at our place wont effect things - in my opinion

Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:17 pm

I like be away on Boxing Day carl also would like an away trip first game of season more so london

Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:17 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:I dont think Swansea being at home matters anymore - when we were in the premiership Yes

Wouldn't matter if we had 40k still cannot possibly change every game that clashes! so crowd size got bugger all to do with it? :shock:

Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:34 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Mr Moo Cow wrote:I dont think Swansea being at home matters anymore - when we were in the premiership Yes

Wouldn't matter if we had 40k still cannot possibly change every game that clashes! so crowd size got bugger all to do with it? :shock:

I bow to your superior knowledge :lol:

Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:03 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I bow to your superior knowledge :lol:

Well do you think all city's games will be changed if clashes with Swansea? Regardless of size of crowd? Answer that instead of being stupid!!! :thumbup:

Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:47 pm

carlccfc wrote:The Premier League fixtures were released yesterday and they may have given us a clue where Cardiff City will play their first and last matches when the fixtures for the Championship season are announced next Wednesday June 22nd.

The Bluebirds and Swansea are usually kept apart on matchday with one side at home and the other is usually away.

There have been occasions when both are home but they are few and far between.

Swansea start their season away at Burnley on Saturday August 13th, the week after the Championship season kicks off, it's likely Cardiff will be at home when Swansea travel to Turf Moor, meaning the week before, City are most likely to be away on August 6th as the first two games of the season are never both at home or both away.

Swansea are at home on Boxing Day, New Years Eve and on May 6th (the final day of the Championship season), suggesting that Cardiff will be away on those dates.

So could City start and end their season away from home and also be away on Boxing Day and New Years Eve ?

I hope that's not the case but judging by Swansea's fixtures for next season, I wouldn't bet against that scenario.

Our first season following relegation from the PL we were Away for the first and last fixture and we were also Away on Boxing Day, however we were at home on the 28th December. We were also at Home on 2nd January in the FA Cup.

Brentford, Fulham or Reading away on Boxing day in my opinion.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: