Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" FOOTBALL POLICE SPOTTERS EUROS "

Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:32 pm

" FOOTBALL POLICE SPOTTERS EUROS "

I was just in Cardiff Airport flying back to Mallorca

As soon as you entered Cardiff Airport there was police on the right and left and then before you go through passport control, then in the lounge area there were a further 6 football police.

A few were Cardiff City football spotters but none of the usual names.

I then looked up at the departures screen and saw that the Paris Flight was the next flight out.

There were about 20 odd Cardiff fans getting on it to go to the Euros, all very well behaved,I knew most of them.

Also Ive since been told at the Channel Tunnel there were police spotters looking out for fans with banning orders.

Surely if all the passports have been taken in, there is No need for so many police?
Plus if they had this many police monitoring the ports for illegal immigrants coming in,the people in Britain would not be now calling for us to leave the EU.

The Government in my opinion have got it all wrong,

And by the way I voted by postal vote to leave the EU :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " FOOTBALL POLICE SPOTTERS EUROS "

Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:49 pm

Vote remain!!

Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" FOOTBALL POLICE SPOTTERS EUROS "

As soon as you entered Cardiff Airport there was police on the right and left and then before you go through passport control, then in the lounge area there were a further 6 football police.

I then looked up at the departures screen and saw that the Paris Flight was the next flight out.

There were about 20 odd Cardiff fans getting on it to go to the Euros, all very well behaved,I knew most of them.

Also Ive since been told at the Channel Tunnel there were police spotters looking out for fans with banning orders.

Surely if all the passports have been taken in, there is No need for so many police?
Plus if they had this many police monitoring the ports for illegal immigrants coming in,the people in Britain would not be now calling for us to leave the EU.

I find it strange Annis that you can live in Spain and vote for those of us who still live in the UK to leave. You may find that you will not have the right to live in Spain if the leave vote wins.

Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:11 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:

I find it strange Annis that you can live in Spain and vote for those of us who still live in the UK to leave. You may find that you will not have the right to live in Spain if the leave vote wins.

I still pay my British Taxes and I vote for what I believe in :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumb right:

I lived here before the EU was formed and I don't believe in All Cameron's lies.

Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:25 pm

Nice one Annis Lad :thumbup:

Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:29 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Nice one Annis Lad :thumbup:

Good to hear from you my friend Nukes :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:04 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:

Then you should respect him for voting unselfishly. Right or wrong, if we all voted for what we thought was best not just what suited ourselves the country would be a better place.

Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:21 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

Then you should respect him for voting unselfishly. Right or wrong, if we all voted for what we thought was best not just what suited ourselves the country would be a better place.

Yep! Far too much short-sightedness on both sides! :thumbup:

Watched the ITV debate earlier and was embarrassed at how the 'REMAIN' women (and one of his own! :shock: ) ganged up on Boris in an attempt to simply discredit him personally rather than debate the issues!

Let's be fair, Boris is more than capable of shooting his own foot! LOL :lol:

Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:19 am

Sven wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

Watched the ITV debate earlier and was embarrassed at how the 'REMAIN' women (and one of his own! :shock: ) ganged up on Boris in an attempt to simply discredit him personally rather than debate the issues!

Correct Chris, i'm voting for what I believe is right for Britain :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:44 am

Annis, all of our coaches got pulled to one side for passport checks at Dover this morning. Didn't have this problem going to Belgium in the qualifiers

Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:54 am

jackland_bluebird wrote:Annis, all of our coaches got pulled to one side for passport checks at Dover this morning. Didn't have this problem going to Belgium in the qualifiers

Yet they say we can roam freely in the EU,they mean they can, but not the British.

Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:04 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

Correct Chris, i'm voting for what I believe is right for Britain :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That's my vote, Annis. I've looked at the physical evidence. The FACT is no one knows what a vote either way will bring and it is my belief that Europe won't 'set us adrift' if we say "Thanks but au devoir EU"

Neither side has covered themselves with glory but Cameron's increasingly desperate claims and 'shouting down' of the opposition has left me thinking that he has nothing to offer other than scare-mongering. Even Farage made him look stupid the other night! :lol:

Whilst immigration (I'm not against it per say) is ONE of the issues, my overriding position is the desire for the UK (with or without Scotland) to make decisions for the benefit of the British people and those migrants who are LUCKY enough to be permitted to live here for the right reasons! :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:51 pm

Cameron is toast irrespective of the vote.If the vote is for out he will resign.If the vote is to remain the knives are already out for him.The already have the 50 Tory MP's who will be sprinting towards the men in grey challenging his leadership.Simply put he is an ex Prime Minister.

Good riddance

Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:02 pm

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:

That's my vote, Annis. I've looked at the physical evidence. The FACT is no one knows what a vote either way will bring and it is my belief that Europe won't 'set us adrift' if we say "Thanks but au devoir EU"

Neither side has covered themselves with glory but Cameron's increasingly desperate claims and 'shouting down' of the opposition has left me thinking that he has nothing to offer other than scare-mongering. Even Farage made him look stupid the other night! :lol:

Whilst immigration (I'm not against it per say) is ONE of the issues, my overriding position is the desire for the UK (with or without Scotland) to make decisions for the benefit of the British people and those migrants who are LUCKY enough to be permitted to live here for the right reasons! :ayatollah:

Well said Chris :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:10 pm

You say that Brits can't go anywhere freely in Europe when there are thousands of Welsh, English and Irish fans travelling to the Euros without restrictions? OK so they may get a passport check or some extra security but I am sure Brits won't be the only ones that happens too and is an unfortunate consequence of terrorism and our veto of Schengen, nothing to do with Brits not being allowed to travel. If I was fortunate enough to be going I would prefer a few extra checks to ensure everyone stays safe.

The debate about the EU is far more than just about immigration, but that seems to be the only thing that people are concentrating their minds on. Personally, I can't stand Cameron either but he is only a temporary blip whereas a vote to leave is a permanent. My personal opinion is that my children's future is better in than out.

Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:20 pm

Flew into Bordeaux from Gatwick this morning. Did not see one policeman in Gatwick at all.

Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Good to hear from you my friend Nukes :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Look forward to meeting up again soon seems like ages. Poland won't be long :thumbup:

Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:05 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Look forward to meeting up again soon seems like ages. Poland won't be long :thumbup:

Can't wait Nukes :ayatollah: :bluebird: