Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' EURO 16 WALES SQUAD CONFIRMED '

Tue May 31, 2016 1:47 pm

image.jpeg

:ayatollah: ' EURO 16 WALES SQUAD CONFIRMED ' :ayatollah:

Goalkeepers (3): Wayne Hennessey, Danny Ward, Owain Fon Williams.

Defenders (7): Chris Gunter, James Chester, Ashley Williams, Ben Davies, Neil Taylor, James Collins, Jazz Richards.

Midfielders (8): Joe Allen, Joe Ledley, Aaron Ramsey, Andy King, David Edwards, Jonny Williams, David Vaughan, George Williams.

Forwards (5): Gareth Bale, Hal Robson-Kanu, Sam Vokes, Simon Church, David Cotterill.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: EURO 16 WALES SQUAD CONFIRMED

Tue May 31, 2016 1:57 pm

Adam Matthews, Emyr Huws and Paul Dummett miss out.

Tue May 31, 2016 1:59 pm

Tbh that's the a quad I would of picked

Tue May 31, 2016 2:03 pm

wez1927 wrote:Tbh that's the a quad I would of picked

The only thing we were all wondering was if Ledley was going to be fit enough. The squad announced was what most people would have picked. No real surprises.

Re: ' EURO 16 WALES SQUAD CONFIRMED '

Tue May 31, 2016 2:17 pm

I'm Happy with that :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 31, 2016 2:20 pm

Desperately short of firepower up front...HKR and Vokes are going to have to run themselves into the ground and hopefully create space for Bale, Ramsey etc to sneak a few goals.

Really looking forward to my trip over to France and as long as the team give 100%(which in fairness they usually do) I will enjoy it all Win lose or draw and I hope the squad really enjoy the experience and give it a real go

Tue May 31, 2016 2:30 pm

UEFA EURO 2016

OFFICIAL #EURO2016 SQUAD
Wales announce their 23...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue May 31, 2016 3:28 pm

Really surprised Emyr Huws didn't make the squad ahead of vaughan.

Tue May 31, 2016 3:36 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Really surprised Emyr Huws didn't make the squad ahead of vaughan.

Me too, I think he's staying loyal to some of the older members of the squad. Huws is the younger better player though.

Tue May 31, 2016 4:55 pm

Fairwaterccfc wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Really surprised Emyr Huws didn't make the squad ahead of vaughan.

Me too, I think he's staying loyal to some of the older members of the squad. Huws is the younger better player though.

That would have been my only change too. Huws has more to his game imo. really hope ledley is fit to play as has been great doing donkey work in midfield.

Tue May 31, 2016 6:47 pm

Huws should've been selected. Maybe instead of Ledley ,if he isn't totally fit. Certainly instead of Vaughan.

Tue May 31, 2016 8:26 pm

Good Luck to the squad .

Tue May 31, 2016 9:11 pm

I'm glad that David Edwards made the squad. Never let us down, but had a nasty injury during the second half of the season.

Tue May 31, 2016 9:12 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Desperately short of firepower up front...HKR and Vokes are going to have to run themselves into the ground and hopefully create space for Bale, Ramsey etc to sneak a few goals.

Really looking forward to my trip over to France and as long as the team give 100%(which in fairness they usually do) I will enjoy it all Win lose or draw and I hope the squad really enjoy the experience and give it a real go

Cokes had a very good end to the season and I can see him doing very well especially from set pieces

Tue May 31, 2016 9:44 pm

Crocked Wales star set for shock Euro 2016 comeback: Midfielder could play opening game
MIRACLE MAN Joe Ledley could start Wales’ Euro 2016 opener against Slovakia just five weeks after breaking his leg.

The 29-year-old midfielder looked to be a major doubt for the finals in France when he suffered a fracture to his left leg on May 7 playing for Crystal Palace.

But the former Cardiff and Celtic man has made incredible progress, and was able to carry out fitness and ball work during last week’s training camp in Portugal.

And, having overcome one obstacle by being named in Chris Coleman’s final 23 for the tournament, he is in contention to start against the Slovakians in Bordeaux on June 11.