Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' AS A CARDIFF CITY FAN, WHAT IS ? '

Sat May 28, 2016 10:36 pm

93 was just top class

Sat May 28, 2016 10:39 pm

Probably the season we made it to the championship, in my head that was like getting to the prem. My dream was always for us to be a soldi championship club.

But then also the season Sam took over, all kinds of players singing, no kind of formation just buy buy buy buy we went up. Leggy as a sweeper was so random but worked so well.

Sun May 29, 2016 7:33 am

MOZZER1 wrote:yes gareth wilts the 1982/83 was very special as it was the first time i ever saw city promoted being an avid fan from 1978 .

The chesterfield last away game that year was special lifting dave bennett on my shoulders after the game cementing promotion with thousands on the pitch after the game .always thought his brother was a better player for us tho

It's such a shame that after 83 promotion the squad dismantled. I know my memory is hazy but had we kept the squad together and Hemmerman hadn't got injured we would have had a really good season in division 2.

Sun May 29, 2016 11:51 am

93 Eddie May season for me. Wow :D :D :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Sun May 29, 2016 1:11 pm

My favourite one off games are the Barnsley FA Cup Semi-Final at Wembley and beating Spurs in the FA Cup 3rd round at Ninian Park in 1977 not forgetting the complete riot which happened afterwards. :shock:

Sun May 29, 2016 7:07 pm

Even though we were in red 12/13 season for me and beating Man City. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sun May 29, 2016 7:29 pm

The 12/13 promotion to Premiership cause we were the best in our league I no the shirts were red but we were champions ,brilliant

Mon May 30, 2016 8:20 am

Scoularfan wrote:The 12/13 promotion to Premiership cause we were the best in our league I no the shirts were red but we were champions ,brilliant

:?

That was the beginning of the end for our club. I enjoyed getting promoted but it was bittersweet because of the filthy red. :evil:

Mon May 30, 2016 9:19 am

Agree with 92/93.

However with everyone saying the same in different forums etc we should have had attendances of 40k.