Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" KENNETH ZOHORE Hmmmmmm? ? "

Fri May 27, 2016 7:12 am

IS KENNETH ZOHORE A TOP CHAMPIONSHIP STRIKER AND WHAT CITY NEED TO TRY FOR PROMOTION NEXT SEASON?

Kenneth Zohore Just might not fit in new managers Paul Trollopes plans?

Zohore has finished his loan spell with Cardiff City and was signed this year by Vincent Tan for his Belgium club and then loaned to Cardiff.

By Media Wales

Friday 27th May 2016

Kenneth Zohore, one of the success stories at Cardiff City last season, is in danger of missing out on Olympic glory with Denmark.

Reports in Scandinavia suggest Birmingham City striker Nicolai Brock-Madsen has been called into the Danish squad for a pre-Olympic tournament in South Korea instead of 22-year-old Zohore.

The indications are that, with Brock-Madsen struggling to make an impact at St Andrew’s last season, the Midlands’ club would be prepared to release him for the games in Rio. There seems to be no such guarantees about Zohore.

The Olympics actually start on August 5, the day before the new Championship season kicks off. It remains unclear whether Zohore will play a part with Cardiff next term anyway.

He was signed in January by Cardiff owner Vincent Tan’s Belgium club, KV Kortrijk from Danish outfit Odense and immediately loaned to the Bluebirds until the end of the campaign.

He scored two goals in two Championship starts along with coming off the bench ten times, but with new Cardiff Head Coach, Paul Trollope in place, whether Zohore will feature in the Welsh capital next season remains unclear.

Now it looks like Zohore, who has six goals for Denmark in 15 under-21, outings could well miss out on a place at the Olympics.

The Danes are due to travel to South Korea to play three games against the hosts, Nigeria and Honduras as they step up their preparations for Rio 2016. In Brazil the football tournament will be held between August 3-20 and Denmark are due to face the home side Brazil, South Africa and Iraq.

Danish under-21 coach, Niels Frederiksen, admitted it was uncertainty over Zohore’s future which has seem him turn to Brock-Madsen instead.

Related: Kenwyne Jones thanks Cardiff City fans following departure

“I estimate now that the probability of getting Nicolai released for the Olympics is quite large, whereas the chance to get Kenneth released is less,” said Frederiksen.

“I think with the last players in place, that we have put together a great and powerful squad for our Olympic preparation tournament in Korea. I am therefore pleased to get some time with the squad both on the training ground, in the matches, but also off the field.

“They are all with us because they are part of the considerations I have in relation to the final squad.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " KENNETH ZOHORE Hmmmmmm? ? "

Fri May 27, 2016 7:46 am

Still only young but not good enough for me

Fri May 27, 2016 7:50 am

I'd like him to stay. I really think he could be developed into a very good player, though it may take a bit of time. He showed glimpses of genuine promise. He's got strength, pace and an eye for goal and that's more than the others. Can't see us keeping Saadi, who doesn't seem to be rated. Honestly can't judge him though.

Fri May 27, 2016 7:57 am

He certainly splits opinions .... for me he has a touch of the rudy gestede about him .... maybe not quite upto the standard now but he shows that he could develop into something .... depends on the price/wages for me

Fri May 27, 2016 8:01 am

No We need pace

Fri May 27, 2016 8:35 am

I think he will develop into a very good striker at this level so would keep him on.

Fri May 27, 2016 9:03 am

Looks like he's got good potential to me. Strong, fast and gets in good positions. I'd definitely like to see him kept on...

Fri May 27, 2016 9:06 am

nubbsy wrote:Looks like he's got good potential to me. Strong, fast and gets in good positions. I'd definitely like to see him kept on...

Don't want make same mistake as rudy, he as shown potential end of season.!

Fri May 27, 2016 9:25 am

Certainly shouldn't be starting, but if his wages aren't too much then I see no reason he shouldn't be used as a back-up striker. He offers a different option as a target man later in the game, and although he's a but raw, could do a job for us.

Fri May 27, 2016 10:01 am

G3vans wrote:Certainly shouldn't be starting, but if his wages aren't too much then I see no reason he shouldn't be used as a back-up striker. He offers a different option as a target man later in the game, and although he's a but raw, could do a job for us.

Agree he's got the strength and pace to cause issues especially against tired legs, he proved that last season.

I wonder though why we've moved so quickly to sign immers and haven't signed Zahore if we were going to.

Fri May 27, 2016 10:03 am

nubbsy wrote:
G3vans wrote:Certainly shouldn't be starting, but if his wages aren't too much then I see no reason he shouldn't be used as a back-up striker. He offers a different option as a target man later in the game, and although he's a but raw, could do a job for us.

Agree he's got the strength and pace to cause issues especially against tired legs, he proved that last season.

I wonder though why we've moved so quickly to sign immers and haven't signed Zahore if we were going to.

Well immers is a no brainer ! Maybe trollope as ideas for a new striker? :old:

Fri May 27, 2016 11:23 am

Zahore is an interesting one.

He was definitely bought for us, but would a season in the Belgium league be better for the lad and Vinny's investment ?

Fri May 27, 2016 11:24 am

nubbsy wrote:

He only signed for the Belgian club in January, having played in Denmark before that. I'm pretty sure there are rules to stop us signing him so soon. I think we should get him in on loan, though. He showed potential, and don't forget he never started a game alongside Immers, which I think might improve him even more.

Fri May 27, 2016 1:18 pm

nubbsy wrote:Looks like he's got good potential to me. Strong, fast and gets in good positions. I'd definitely like to see him kept on...

I think we give up too quickly on strikers at this club and (like you) I'd like to see Zahore given a chance to develop, even if that means he isn't first choice for a while :thumbup:

Several strikers have come and gone in recent seasons after failing to impress despite lofty reputation beforehand. To my mind (and I even include the boy Cornelius in this) it has to have something to do with the coaching and/or utilisation of these players, many of whom us fans stated weren't being played to their strong points! :(

Fri May 27, 2016 2:18 pm

I think Saadi will do well for us next season,

Fri May 27, 2016 4:20 pm

I'd keep him he could turn into a very good striker in the future. :ayatollah:

Fri May 27, 2016 5:44 pm

Llantwit Blue wrote:No We need pace

Are you serious or haven't you seen him play
He has plenty of pace
Wether thats enough is another matter
But he definitely has pace

Fri May 27, 2016 6:12 pm

Reminds me a bit of Gavin Gordon. Big, athletic but a bit short of skill

Fri May 27, 2016 6:42 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
Llantwit Blue wrote:No We need pace

Are you serious or haven't you seen him play
He has plenty of pace
Wether thats enough is another matter
But he definitely has pace

He looks pretty quick to me

Fri May 27, 2016 10:31 pm

Double G wrote:Still only young but not good enough for me

Agree.

Sat May 28, 2016 10:40 pm

Is he even our player?

Sat May 28, 2016 10:42 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Is he even our player?

No he was loaned to us by tans other club I believe ! :o

Sat May 28, 2016 10:45 pm

He might not even come here then.

Sat May 28, 2016 10:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:He might not even come here then.

Very true and depends if trollope wants him and if he can be loaned to us again?