Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WELCOME TO ANOTHER BREAKING FOOTBALL NEWS THURS 26TH MAY

Thu May 26, 2016 5:18 am

:ayatollah: " WELCOME TO ANOTHER BREAKING FOOTBALL NEWS THURS 26TH MAY 2016 " :ayatollah:

Morning another day of us keeping you all updated with all the latest Football News :bluebird: :bluebird:

Aston Villa could face competition for Fulham attacker Ross McCormack from fellow relegated sides Norwich and Newcastle.

MOURINHO DEAL 'DONE BY FRIDAY'

Jose Mourinho expects to have signed his Manchester United contract by Friday, according to Sky sources.

Mourinho’s agent, Jorge Mendes, was locked in talks with Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward on Wednesday, where a number of complicated image rights issues were addressed.

LONDON EVENING STANDARD

Jose Mourinho is determined to beat Chelsea in the race to sign Everton's in-demand England centre-half John Stones for his new club, Manchester United.

Tottenham have a contingency plan in place to play at Wembley for a longer period if building work on their new stadium overruns.

Chelsea are refusing to meet Everton's £65m asking price for striker Romelu Lukaku.

'THIS IS A HUGE CLUB'

And this is what Rafa Benitez has had to say about becoming Newcastle United's permanent boss.

"I am extremely pleased to be staying at Newcastle United," said the Spaniard. "The love I could feel from the fans was a big influence for me in my decision to stay, as was my relationship with Lee Charnley and all the staff.

"This is a huge club and I wanted to be part of the great future I can see for Newcastle United."

Re: WELCOME TO ANOTHER BREAKING FOOTBALL NEWS THURS 26TH MAY

Thu May 26, 2016 5:19 am

RONALDO WANTS NEW REAL DEAL

Cristiano Ronaldo has urged Real Madrid to renew his contract and said he wanted to see out his career in the Spanish capital.

Ronaldo's immediate future at Real has been in doubt all season, with speculation growing throughout the year that he was plotting a move to PSG, but the prolific Portuguese has now made it clear he wants to stay at the club.
"Real Madrid would be making a smart decision if they offered me a new contract," Ronaldo told Spanish television programme La Sexta on Wednesday.

"I want to stay here, there have been good moments and bad moments. Four years ago I wasn't happy here but now I am and I can't think of a better club to be at than Real Madrid, there's no team like it. The other clubs can forget it."

Thu May 26, 2016 5:22 am

' THE SUN '

Jose Mourinho wants to pay £60m for a reunion with Willian at Manchester United after the Chelsea ace praised his former boss.

Alvaro Morata will cost £38m with Real Madrid willing to sell the striker to Arsenal.

Barcelona full-back Dani Alves has reportedly agreed to move to Juventus on a three-year deal.

Thu May 26, 2016 5:23 am

' DAILY MAIL '

It has emerged that Louis van Gaal gave an emotional speech to staff when he knew he was leaving Manchester United.

Javier Mascherano has dealt Barcelona a major blow by agreeing a three-year contract with Juventus as he looks set to leave the club this summer, according to Spanish reports.

Antoine Griezmann could leave Atletico Madrid this summer after his agent said he was considering offers from a number of clubs.

Thu May 26, 2016 5:23 am

' DAILY EXPRESS '

AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has confirmed Mario Balotelli will leave the club this summer.

Manchester United have held talks with Roma defender Kostas Manolas and are willing to pay £30.3m.

Thu May 26, 2016 5:24 am

' DAILY STAR '

Arsenal are ready to turn their attention to land Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly.

Jose Mourinho was snapped by a camera on Wednesday texting "Haha, great news!!!"

Thu May 26, 2016 5:25 am

' DAILY MIRROR '

Arsenal new boy Granit Xhaka is like Andrea Pirlo, claims ex-Gunner Johan Djourou.

Thu May 26, 2016 5:25 am

' DAILY TELEGRAPH '

Yaya Toure is determined to remain in the Premier League next season, even if Manchester City opt to sell the Ivory Coast midfielder.

Thu May 26, 2016 5:26 am

Exeter City have completed the double signing of Lloyd James and Robbie Simpson.

Defender James, 28, arrives at St James Park after leaving Leyton Orient and 31-year-old striker Simpson was also a free agent having been released by Cambridge.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 26, 2016 5:28 am

LUTON LAND SHEEHAN

Luton Town have agreed a deal to sign defender Alan Sheehan on a permanent basis.

Sheehan will put pen to paper on a two-year contract when his existing terms at Bradford expire on June 30.

The 29-year-old full-back was the first player signed by Hatters boss Nathan Jones and went on to make 20 appearance for the club on loan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 26, 2016 5:32 am

THE BOLTON NEWS

Nigel Adkins and Peter Reid are among the men who were due to hold talks about the vacant Bolton Wanderers post.

Thu May 26, 2016 7:05 am

PAPER TALK

Let's start with a look at the papers. Here are a few of the headlines making the back pages this morning...

Jose Mourinho wants to pay £60m for a reunion with Willian at Manchester United after the Chelsea ace praised his former boss. (The Sun)

Antoine Griezmann could leave Atletico Madrid this summer after his agent said he was considering offers from a number of clubs. (Daily Mail)

Manchester United have held talks with Roma defender Kostas Manolas and are willing to pay £30.3m. (Daily Express)

Arsenal are ready to turn their attention to land Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly. (Daily Star)

Yaya Toure is determined to remain in the Premier League next season, even if Manchester City opt to sell the Ivory Coast midfielder. (Daily Telegraph)

Thu May 26, 2016 9:12 am

RONALDO: JOSE GOOD FOR UTD

Cristiano Ronaldo says Jose Mourinho can restore Manchester United's "identity" when he takes over.

Sky Sports News HQ understands Mourinho will be unveiled as Louis van Gaal's successor by Friday this week.

"He's already signed hasn't he? I think it's good,” Ronaldo said. "If it's something United wanted I think it's good - I hope Manchester United get back to what they were because it's an impressive club but in the last years they lacked an identity a bit.

"And it hurts me seeing United like that because it's a club I carry in my heart. I wish Mourinho can restore them back to the top."

Thu May 26, 2016 9:18 am

PLANS FOR NIGEL?

Sky Bet have seen some good money overnight for Nigel Pearson to be named as Derby County's next manager and he is now 8/11 from 10/1. Bet here!

Thu May 26, 2016 9:19 am

Walsall have rejected a £400,000 bid from Preston for striker Tom Bradshaw.

Thu May 26, 2016 9:52 am

THREE LEAVE SAINTS

Southampton have confirmed Kelvin Davis, Gaston Ramirez and Will Britt will leave the club at the end of their contracts.

Thu May 26, 2016 10:03 am

Nigel Adkins and Peter Reid are among the men who were due to hold talks about the vacant Bolton Wanderers post.

Thu May 26, 2016 3:33 pm

ARSENAL TABLE OFFER FOR SPAIN STAR

Arsenal have made a £28m bid for Juventus striker Alvaro Morata, according to The Sun.

Gunners' fans have grown increasingly frustrated about the lack of goals in their team and have hoped manager Arsene Wenger will open the cheque book to sign a goal machine.

Despite being rated as one of the most exciting young forwards in Europe, Morata found himself stuck behind Paulo Dybala and Mario Mandzukic in the pecking order this season.

Thu May 26, 2016 3:38 pm

LEEDS BOSS RECEIVES OFFERS

Steve Evans is receiving interest from other Football League club as he awaits his fate over the Leeds United manager's job.

Owner Massimo Cellino is currently waiting for an agreement from the Leeds board before making a final decision Evans' future, but he has already been approaching other candidates.

Despite his job clearly being offered to other people, Evans told Sky Sports News HQ on Thursday that he will continue to focus on Leeds until he is told otherwise.

"I always respect the rights of my boss so I will see what happens. The club needs to challenge for promotion - I will do that," he said.