Any plastics buying a season ticket?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby grange_end1927 » Wed May 25, 2016 8:02 pm

I read on here we sold something like 10,000 for next season,nows its so cheap 50quid for kids and cheaper for the adults,any renewed after all the freebies they had,i wonder?
grange_end1927

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Any plastics buying a season ticket?

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed May 25, 2016 8:08 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:I read on here we sold something like 10,000 for next season,nows its so cheap 50quid for kids and cheaper for the adults,any renewed after all the freebies they had,i wonder?

Could be that these "plastics" could'nt afford to go without these reductions. A lot of family people have other commitments, and can't all afford to watch City on a regular basis.
Steve Zodiak

Postby pembroke allan » Wed May 25, 2016 9:43 pm

why would a plastic supporter buy a ST? :old:
pembroke allan

Postby BEEP AHM » Thu May 26, 2016 7:13 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:I read on here we sold something like 10,000 for next season,nows its so cheap 50quid for kids and cheaper for the adults,any renewed after all the freebies they had,i wonder?

Could be that these "plastics" could'nt afford to go without these reductions. A lot of family people have other commitments, and can't all afford to watch City on a regular basis.

good point mate. Don't rise to the fooking idiot - would love to meet him :thumbup:
BEEP AHM

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu May 26, 2016 7:22 am

BEEP AHM wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

good point mate. Don't rise to the fooking idiot - would love to meet him :thumbup:

A hit generating multi that won't post this crap under his own ID.Haven't you ever noticed he never joins in a conversation informally like,just posts the opposite view on any topic to wind people up or starts one with a deliberately troll like heading.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu May 26, 2016 7:24 am

10,000 last I heard :digging2:
Pulisnewport

Postby BEEP AHM » Thu May 26, 2016 7:49 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
BEEP AHM wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

A hit generating multi that won't post this crap under his own ID.Haven't you ever noticed he never joins in a conversation informally like,just posts the opposite view on any topic to wind people up or starts one with a deliberately troll like heading.

yeah I see what your saying - no more responses off me then :thumbup:
BEEP AHM

Postby Sven » Thu May 26, 2016 10:11 am

pembroke allan wrote:why would a plastic supporter buy a ST? :old:

Good question, Allan. The mind boggles at some people's unthinking questions! :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby GJ71 » Thu May 26, 2016 8:00 pm

Thanks to the freebies one of the young lads has bought his first £99 season ticket next to us :bluescarf: not much I know but as they say "every little helps"
GJ71

Postby SwampCCFC » Thu May 26, 2016 10:03 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

people always find the money when the team is successful. look at our attendances in the PL.

the way to get back the plastics is big name signings, but more importantly, results and success.
SwampCCFC

Postby blue lagoon » Fri May 27, 2016 7:00 pm

Im quite happy getting freebies off mates.
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE!
blue lagoon

Postby bentheblue » Fri May 27, 2016 7:13 pm

Long time reader first time poster after the freebies give to schools or so called plastics or maybe the future supporters of ccfc I know of three father and sons who have purchased season tickets so maybe the club had a good idea
bentheblue

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri May 27, 2016 7:48 pm

We're all waiting for the freebies. No point buying a season tkt at all :thumbup:
Cool Hand Luke

Postby bentheblue » Fri May 27, 2016 8:23 pm

Long time reader first time poster after the freebies give to schools or so called plastics or maybe the future supporters of ccfc I know of three father and sons who have purchased season tickets so maybe the club had a good idea
bentheblue

Postby RV Casual » Fri May 27, 2016 9:03 pm

I have not renewed based on the fact my season ticket was not value, I would have been better off paying per game with all the offers, the only benefit to a season ticket is to guarantee your seat, with the size of the stadium thats not realy needed.

Iv had a season ticket for the last 20 years and my decision is purely financial.

I don't anticipate us challenging next season at all, we will be lucky to finish in the top 10, crowds will be down to 12,000 and there will be offers galore.

I know this is realy negative but its how I see it unfortunatly.
RV Casual

Postby Sven » Sat May 28, 2016 12:36 am

bentheblue wrote:Long time reader first time poster after the freebies give to schools or so called plastics or maybe the future supporters of ccfc I know of three father and sons who have purchased season tickets so maybe the club had a good idea

That's what they were aiming at and (given the lethargy and/or disinterest shown for at least two seasons) it was a gamble worth taking IMHO :ayatollah:

Some (including the poster above) have sadly used the club's 'reaching out to passive fans' a an excuse not to renew themselves; but I would remind them that in essence the only beneficiaries of the so-called 'giveaway' were the EXISTING season ticket holders who were then able to pass THEIR tickets on to THEIR friends and/or family FOR FREE! ;)

Can't see what the club did wrong myself and if it persuades a few more to commit to next season then they have (IMHO) done very well indeed :thumbup:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby RV Casual » Sat May 28, 2016 9:20 am

Hold your horses there Sven.

I am not looking for, neither do I need an excuse not to renew my season ticket. We are all adults living in a world where unless you are very lucky money dictates what you can and can't do, I am just giving a point of view that is personal to me.

I have always bought a season ticket despite knowing that realistically I can miss up to 7-8 games a season due to Holidays, Illness, Mid-Week, Sundays, Early Kick Offs etc, despite that its always still been better for me to take a season ticket. Even if I went to 18 games at a cost of £399 for the season ticket it would work out at £22 a game for me plus more often than not if I were unable to make it I would pass the ticket on to a mate for FREE so it was getting used and getting even more value added.

Last season I went to about 18 games, the number of us attending was down to 2 most weeks and I could not give my season ticket away for love nor money.

Next season if it works out again that I go to around 18 games and pay £20 a ticket each game at the ticket kiosk it will cost me £360, £9 cheaper than my season ticket. That is without taking into effect any offers, if I get 2-3 games for £10 and 1-2 for free then it goes down and down and I could end up saving myself £100+

if you are guaranteed to go to every game then of course a season ticket is the way forward, if not and how things panned out last season you would be silly to get one, unless of course you are one of the lucky people that is able to write off £100+.

:thumbup:
RV Casual

Postby blue lagoon » Sat May 28, 2016 12:57 pm

I spent 100 plastic money in store over the weekend. I spent 100 plastic money on pay on gate tickets this season. So what does tgat nake me? Die hards must have plenty of time on their and crave something to follow. You may feel loyal and love to the club but we all know fans are seen as cash cows and nothing more
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE!
blue lagoon

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat May 28, 2016 5:52 pm

RV Casual wrote:Hold your horses there Sven.

I am not looking for, neither do I need an excuse not to renew my season ticket. We are all adults living in a world where unless you are very lucky money dictates what you can and can't do, I am just giving a point of view that is personal to me.

I have always bought a season ticket despite knowing that realistically I can miss up to 7-8 games a season due to Holidays, Illness, Mid-Week, Sundays, Early Kick Offs etc, despite that its always still been better for me to take a season ticket. Even if I went to 18 games at a cost of £399 for the season ticket it would work out at £22 a game for me plus more often than not if I were unable to make it I would pass the ticket on to a mate for FREE so it was getting used and getting even more value added.

Last season I went to about 18 games, the number of us attending was down to 2 most weeks and I could not give my season ticket away for love nor money.

Next season if it works out again that I go to around 18 games and pay £20 a ticket each game at the ticket kiosk it will cost me £360, £9 cheaper than my season ticket. That is without taking into effect any offers, if I get 2-3 games for £10 and 1-2 for free then it goes down and down and I could end up saving myself £100+

if you are guaranteed to go to every game then of course a season ticket is the way forward, if not and how things panned out last season you would be silly to get one, unless of course you are one of the lucky people that is able to write off £100+.

:thumbup:

Good post mate.
I'm not talking about Sven but lots of people on here think unless you buy a season ticket or you're renewing, you're not a proper fan.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby carlccfc » Sun May 29, 2016 6:45 am

I have renewed and have done for the past 13 yrs, my daughter has renewed for the 11th season running.

I took advantage of the freebies I was given by the club to give them to friends and family who cannot afford or justify the cost of a luxury such as a season ticket.
NEATH BLUES

My Daughter was the first ever mascot at Cardiff City Stadium --->
carlccfc

Return to General Chat