A forum for all things Cardiff City

' FABIO / MALONE & DECLAN JOHN? ? ? '

Wed May 25, 2016 5:46 am

Fabio or Scott Malone?

or even Declan John.

Fabio or Scott Malone?

Which camp are you in?

By Steve Tucker

For most of last season it seemed Malone’s camp consisted of his family and friends and Fabio’s had everyone else. Malone has had fierce criticism. Former manager Russell Slade’s reliance on him said as much about Slade’s own often mind-numbing caution than about anything else.

Paul Trollope is a fan of Fabio, but will the Brazilian stay?

If he is going to remain, surely he needs to sign a new deal. The wildcard, of course, is Declan John. The 20-year-old thought he had made the breakthrough in Cardiff’s Premier League season, but has gone backwards particularly under Slade. Is Trollope the man to resurrect the young Welshman?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' FABIO / MALONE & DECLAN JOHN? ? ? '

Wed May 25, 2016 7:12 am

I live in hope Fabio becomes a better defender, he has some very likeable attributes

Wed May 25, 2016 7:37 am

Strange thing is all 3 would probably be better deployed further up field. Apparently we are looking for pacey wingers so thinking literally outside the box I would give Fabio, John or Malone (in that order) a chance at right or left wing.

Wed May 25, 2016 9:42 am

malone would be on my transfer list, he's pony no matter where you play him.

he reminds me of the type of players we were desperate to get rid of in the 80's and early 90's.

Need our bar aimed higher if we want to be anywhere near the play-offs next year, the league is stronger again - from those coming up too!

Wed May 25, 2016 9:45 am

F-A-B-I-O! Sing F-A-B-I-O! :ayatollah:

Adds something to the play IMHO and looks like he cares, too! :thumbup:

Wed May 25, 2016 11:34 am

Malone should go. It's between Fábio and John.

Fábio - Gives the fans something to cheer about with his bursting runs and shows a lot of passion in his game. Only downside is, he is on a big salary and we would be financially better without him.

John - A local Merthyr Tydfil lad. Very young, very fast and has played for CCFC in the Premier League. Not as developed as Fábio but that will come with experience and age. His salary must be a sensible amount for the club's financial state too.

Personally, I would have Declan John at left back and Fábio at right back. Lee Peltier has done a good job at right back but he is 29 now coming up to 30. He would be a good full back to have on the bench. :thumbright:

Thoughts? :ayatollah:

Wed May 25, 2016 12:25 pm

Sorry, but i just don't get this Fabio love stuff. He flatters to deceive, to say the least, & as nice as the fella probably is, he's a very expensive liability, imo!

Wed May 25, 2016 12:33 pm

fabio...john...the painter and decorator...the toilet cleaner...malone

in that order :laughing6:

Wed May 25, 2016 3:48 pm

The thing is people aren't criticising Malone based on performances, it's just a petty thing that come about because there's a massive love in with Fabio and don't like seeing someone who is better defending and going forward than him starting.

Malone is a easy scapegoat because he was chosen ahead of Fabio who is loved by a lot of supporters.

I ain't denying some of Malone's performance have been up to standard but majority of them he does well and he has a goal in him and is a decent crosser.

Wed May 25, 2016 3:57 pm

lathamgaffney wrote:Malone should go. It's between Fábio and John.

Fábio - Gives the fans something to cheer about with his bursting runs and shows a lot of passion in his game. Only downside is, he is on a big salary and we would be financially better without him.

John - A local Merthyr Tydfil lad. Very young, very fast and has played for CCFC in the Premier League. Not as developed as Fábio but that will come with experience and age. His salary must be a sensible amount for the club's financial state too.

Personally, I would have Declan John at left back and Fábio at right back. Lee Peltier has done a good job at right back but he is 29 now coming up to 30. He would be a good full back to have on the bench. :thumbright:

Thoughts? :ayatollah:

What about a back five of john,connelly,manga/Morrison, Peltier, Fabio?

Wed May 25, 2016 4:25 pm

I like Fabio, not the best defender but offers a lot else to the team. If on a big wage though he should go.

Malone and John can go and we need better than Peltier so 2 new fullbacks if Fabio goes.

Wed May 25, 2016 6:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Fabio or Scott Malone?

or even Declan John.

Fabio or Scott Malone?

Which camp are you in?

By Steve Tucker

For most of last season it seemed Malone’s camp consisted of his family and friends and Fabio’s had everyone else. Malone has had fierce criticism. Former manager Russell Slade’s reliance on him said as much about Slade’s own often mind-numbing caution than about anything else.

Paul Trollope is a fan of Fabio, but will the Brazilian stay?

If he is going to remain, surely he needs to sign a new deal. The wildcard, of course, is Declan John. The 20-year-old thought he had made the breakthrough in Cardiff’s Premier League season, but has gone backwards particularly under Slade. Is Trollope the man to resurrect the young Welshman?

Fabio gives 100% every game.....never a dull moment when he is on.. :ayatollah: