Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

signings next year

Tue May 24, 2016 9:32 pm

whip do you think we need and who we should sign for next year??

me myself think we need a ball playing midfielder and a proven goalscorer!

there has got to be some players hanging around

Re: signings next year

Wed May 25, 2016 11:29 am

kemar roofe attacking winger who scores lots of goals - 2 million
patrick bamford proven championship goalscorer - 4 million or season long loan with a loan fee and view to buy
alejandro faurlin or gary oneill both quality midfielders available on free transfers

thats the type of quality we need to be targetting imo other good options out there aswell mind.

Wed May 25, 2016 12:49 pm

BlueMagic wrote:kemar roofe attacking winger who scores lots of goals - 2 million
patrick bamford proven championship goalscorer - 4 million or season long loan with a loan fee and view to buy
alejandro faurlin or gary oneill both quality midfielders available on free transfers

thats the type of quality we need to be targetting imo other good options out there aswell mind.

personally faurlin is class when fit but hes had it with injuries imo id rather we targeted someone a bit younger than oneill also but a free is what we are going to be looking at no doubt, id like to see the striker from bristol city with the funny name kodja i think u call him either him or nahki wells and then we need a box to box midfielder like leadbitter and a pacy winger like george williams would also take cotterill

Wed May 25, 2016 1:39 pm

BlueMagic wrote:kemar roofe attacking winger who scores lots of goals - 2 million

Add Rico Henry to that list.

Wed May 25, 2016 2:05 pm

Reza wrote:

personally faurlin is class when fit but hes had it with injuries imo id rather we targeted someone a bit younger than oneill also but a free is what we are going to be looking at no doubt, id like to see the striker from bristol city with the funny name kodja i think u call him either him or nahki wells and then we need a box to box midfielder like leadbitter and a pacy winger like george williams would also take cotterill

furling played 20 odd games for qpr last season i think after a few injuries, if he's back fit would be a great signing but would be a risk, lead bitter type would be perfect but i can't think of any realistic names? bristol city are after lansbury now thats a club showing ambition because i think they value him at 6million and can't see us spending that.

much much better options on the wing available that the welsh players like williams or coterie they would be average and poor signings imo.

Wed May 25, 2016 2:07 pm

AJ1927 wrote:

Add Rico Henry to that list.

yeh class player but i can't see us paying 1 million plus on a left back

Wed May 25, 2016 2:35 pm

Guys can anyone see Tan spending big money this summer? I personally cannot see it. a lot of these players mentioned will be big money but I think we need to get Faurlin that's a risk worth taking and maybe o'neil or Tettey from Norwich. as for a striker they say you have to speculate to accumulate but can you see Tan giving us £3-5 mil for a striker which is what it will cost for a proven goal scorer at this level. if your gonna spend 5mil surely you spend the extra 2 and get Roscoe back :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 25, 2016 3:31 pm

GummiTheBluebird wrote:Guys can anyone see Tan spending big money this summer? I personally cannot see it. a lot of these players mentioned will be big money but I think we need to get Faurlin that's a risk worth taking and maybe o'neil or Tettey from Norwich. as for a striker they say you have to speculate to accumulate but can you see Tan giving us £3-5 mil for a striker which is what it will cost for a proven goal scorer at this level. if your gonna spend 5mil surely you spend the extra 2 and get Roscoe back :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

yeh ur right can't see us spending big money on a striker really matty taylor would be a good gamble though should be available for 1-2 million? not proven at this level a gamble worth taking?

Wed May 25, 2016 3:50 pm

Tettey on a free id like us to get. Ball winner in the middle with experience.
Would love to see Frazier back if we want a cheap alternative fee wise for a goalscorer, wages could be an issue tho.
Mirco Antenucci released. Hes always looked like a bit of a goalscorer
Tom Carroll from Spurs available on a free
Victor Anichebe would be an ideal signing to play the lone role up top for us

Wed May 25, 2016 4:15 pm

Double G wrote:Tettey on a free id like us to get. Ball winner in the middle with experience.
Would love to see Frazier back if we want a cheap alternative fee wise for a goalscorer, wages could be an issue tho.
Mirco Antenucci released. Hes always looked like a bit of a goalscorer
Tom Carroll from Spurs available on a free
Victor Anichebe would be an ideal signing to play the lone role up top for us

Frazier thinks he's above us and all his previous clubs, Antenucci is over the hill and never done it for Dirty Leeds, would love Tom Carroll but surely he can do better than us lol, Anichebe would be a good signing but apparently is quite a difficult character. I honestly believe next season is the season to take risks and gambles on not so expensive players and the Championship will be way to strong for us to compete. without sounding negative lol we missed the boat this year and without serious investment and the quality of the teams coming down we will do well to be top 8 IMO :ayatollah:

Wed May 25, 2016 5:47 pm

A combative CM, a pacey winger, a goalscorer, and probably a back up centre back :ayatollah: