Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

As of today how will you vote in eu vote?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:30 pm

Vote yes stay in eu
30%
Vote no get out
66%
Not going to vote
4%

Total votes : 227

Re: ' POLL ' How would you vote on eu today?

Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:35 pm

bluebird-77 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:I never wanted a referendum on EU membership and only got one because of in fighting in the Tory Party. In principle I think a United States of Europe is not a bad idea as collectively as a continent we would have more clout globally. So originally I would have voted to remain in.

However, I have changed my mind and will vote to leave. The first thing that got me thinking was a post by Nuclearblue in which he compared the EU to Nazi Germany. I thought then (and still do now) that he over egged the situation but it got me for the first time to look at how the EU works.

I was completely stunned to find out that the EU Parliament (which contains MEP's which I voted for) has no legislative powers at ALL!! Apparently all EU laws can only be passed with the consent of the EU Commission who has the final say. This means that there is no accountability and no matter how badly the EU Commission performs us as EU citizens cannot vote out any of the 28 members!

This is a situation not seen since the Magna Carter. Therefore I cannot bring myself to vote for such an undemocratic institution. I strongly believe the EU has too much self interest to ever change and it will take a massive event such as our leaving to bring the EU to its senses as other countries will follow our lead in a domino effect.

I have also been really unimpressed by Dodgy Dave and his project fear. It is something which has severed him well before in the Scottish referendum and the 2015 General Election so naturally he has used the same tactics again. But like Russell Slade found out people finally work you out and his fear project is falling more and more on deaf ears.

As someone on this forum pointed out trade with the EU is not ‘free’ due to our membership as we pay a net £9billion in fees for the privilege to do so! Trade will not end with Europe on our exit nor will Trade with the rest of Europe.
Even if there is a short term hit to our economy (which is far from certain) it will be worth it in order to draw a line in the sand with the EU and hopefully it can begin its well overdue road to reform.

Here you go sven.

I have nothing but respect for Tony Blue Williams and his posts, fella. That he has decided to vote BREXIT is a decision I know he will have thought long and hard about and, as he said, investigated thoroughly. Having said all that, I would respect his decision even if he had decided he wanted to REMAIN :thumbup:

In you poor attempt to 'balance the books', I think you miss the whole point of our exchanges today. You have made several statements which are clearly showing you to be playing Devil's Advocate and in some of which you have made claims that are clearly (polite word) untrue!

You also refer to people not 'jumping on' the fact that you stated we would become a Nazi nation (and I'm not doubting it may have been said by the other side too) but the simple fact is most people know that isn't about to happen regardless of which side wins the day. You see, despite what you said about them, they aren't "stupid"! ;)

You can bounce things back and forth all evening, fella, but you have today been found out to be a hypocrite, a liar and a non-voter and of the three, I think the 'non-voter' (if you are actually telling the truth on that one ;) ) is by far the one that sets you out the most because you are revelling in something you have no real intention of truly participating; so that adds the word 'fraud' to the list so far! ;)

I'll let you have the last word, as that seems important to you, but you can rest assured that most people know what you are about by now and come Friday (I happen to think the vote will be to REMAIN because the 'floaters will err on the side of caution) you can sit back and be a 'smug' as you like safe in the knowledge that you allowed others to make the decision for you! ;)

Meanwhile, back in football world.... :ayatollah: :wave:

Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:15 pm

Sven wrote:
bluebird-77 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:I never wanted a referendum on EU membership and only got one because of in fighting in the Tory Party. In principle I think a United States of Europe is not a bad idea as collectively as a continent we would have more clout globally. So originally I would have voted to remain in.

However, I have changed my mind and will vote to leave. The first thing that got me thinking was a post by Nuclearblue in which he compared the EU to Nazi Germany. I thought then (and still do now) that he over egged the situation but it got me for the first time to look at how the EU works.

I was completely stunned to find out that the EU Parliament (which contains MEP's which I voted for) has no legislative powers at ALL!! Apparently all EU laws can only be passed with the consent of the EU Commission who has the final say. This means that there is no accountability and no matter how badly the EU Commission performs us as EU citizens cannot vote out any of the 28 members!

This is a situation not seen since the Magna Carter. Therefore I cannot bring myself to vote for such an undemocratic institution. I strongly believe the EU has too much self interest to ever change and it will take a massive event such as our leaving to bring the EU to its senses as other countries will follow our lead in a domino effect.

I have also been really unimpressed by Dodgy Dave and his project fear. It is something which has severed him well before in the Scottish referendum and the 2015 General Election so naturally he has used the same tactics again. But like Russell Slade found out people finally work you out and his fear project is falling more and more on deaf ears.

As someone on this forum pointed out trade with the EU is not ‘free’ due to our membership as we pay a net £9billion in fees for the privilege to do so! Trade will not end with Europe on our exit nor will Trade with the rest of Europe.
Even if there is a short term hit to our economy (which is far from certain) it will be worth it in order to draw a line in the sand with the EU and hopefully it can begin its well overdue road to reform.

Here you go sven.

I have nothing but respect for Tony Blue Williams and his posts, fella. That he has decided to vote BREXIT is a decision I know he will have thought long and hard about and, as he said, investigated thoroughly. Having said all that, I would respect his decision even if he had decided he wanted to REMAIN :thumbup:

In you poor attempt to 'balance the books', I think you miss the whole point of our exchanges today. You have made several statements which are clearly showing you to be playing Devil's Advocate and in some of which you have made claims that are clearly (polite word) untrue!

You also refer to people not 'jumping on' the fact that you stated we would become a Nazi nation (and I'm not doubting it may have been said by the other side too) but the simple fact is most people know that isn't about to happen regardless of which side wins the day. You see, despite what you said about them, they aren't "stupid"! ;)

You can bounce things back and forth all evening, fella, but you have today been found out to be a hypocrite, a liar and a non-voter and of the three, I think the 'non-voter' (if you are actually telling the truth on that one ;) ) is by far the one that sets you out the most because you are revelling in something you have no real intention of truly participating; so that adds the word 'fraud' to the list so far! ;)

I'll let you have the last word, as that seems important to you, but you can rest assured that most people know what you are about by now and come Friday (I happen to think the vote will be to REMAIN because the 'floaters will err on the side of caution) you can sit back and be a 'smug' as you like safe in the knowledge that you allowed others to make the decision for you! ;)

Haha you saying I missed the point. I copied that thread because tony blue states about a leave supporter comparing the eu to nazi germany. But not you agenda so blindly ignore it. Blindly also ignoring the poster by wez saying eu were invading like nazi germany.
My point being is why haven't you jumped up and down like a child on the nazi front there. I'll answer because it's on side with your agenda. So the hypocrite here my find fella is you. You don't like the nazi comparison against you but no comment on it when it's in you favour. Nothing to do with last word, as I like to hear you justify this. Or will you silence be confirmation of your defeat. ;-)

Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:19 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=USTypBKEd8Y

I would strongly recommend people who will vote to watch this. Damming for leave campaign. I fear that most leave voters are to far gone and brainwashed beyond belief that only right wing actions are the way forward. But least I tried to provide so informative information for you. :-)

Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:32 pm

bluebird-77 wrote:
Sven wrote:
bluebird-77 wrote:

Here you go sven.

Haha you saying I missed the point. I copied that thread because tony blue states about a leave supporter comparing the eu to nazi germany. But not you agenda so blindly ignore it. Blindly also ignoring the poster by wez saying eu were invading like nazi germany.
My point being is why haven't you jumped up and down like a child on the nazi front there. I'll answer because it's on side with your agenda. So the hypocrite here my find fella is you. You don't like the nazi comparison against you but no comment on it when it's in you favour. Nothing to do with last word, as I like to hear you justify this. Or will you silence be confirmation of your defeat. ;-)

Okay, you put me in a no-win situation if I got on with my evening on peace, so I returned to put you right ONCE AGAIN...

Quote (me): "You also refer to people not 'jumping on' the fact that you stated we would become a Nazi nation (and I'm not doubting it may have been said by the other side too) but the simple fact is most people know that isn't about to happen regardless of which side wins the day. You see, despite what you said about them, they aren't "stupid"

There it is in black and white, fella. Exactly what I said! ;)

In your final post (above this one) you again belittle people who may disagree with you with your "brainwashed" comment :roll: :oops:

You again miss the point that I was debating your ignorance and not that of others but your own entrenchment is so patently obvious that you believe everything you say MUST be true! But the simple fact is that you lost most of your credibility with your decrying comments earlier today and ALL of it once you openly stated you weren't going to vote anyway and were going to leave it to everyone else to make your decision for you!

Now, I'll be up very late, so feel free to talk more b*****ks and I'll bat it all back to you! ;) :thumbup:

Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:43 pm

Lol. This is very funny. Again you looking through some tinted glasses just like you say I am. ;-)
I've explained to you twice that I said the country won't be stupid enough to vote leave. So never called anyone stupid. Infact if anything I was saying we are clever. You just looked for a negative in the statement. I even went further for you and said people can make stupid choices now and then but are 99% of the time not stupid people.

No doubt you ignore bits rehash others bits and make it fit.
Are we doing a full test series or a quick 20 20. I crap at cricket terrible at bowling so you should easy be able to bat it back to me. :-)

Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:48 pm

And (in your words) here's another thing...

Since this thread was started BY YOU, Mr NON-VOTER! :lol: it has developed (to date) 21 pages but only 600+ readers and that includes everyone (including yourself) who has opened its pages!

Given that YOU are by far your own most active poster, it is reasonable to draw the conclusion that YOU have 'opened' YOUR pages more than any other; and that theory certainly gathers momentum when you note the number of self-indulgent posts you have put up, which leaves us to draw another conclusion that despite initial appearances most people aren't interested in what you have to say! ;) :laughing6: :laughing6:

Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:49 pm

I respect everyone has different opinions, and know that absolutely nobody can be sure what will happen if we leave because nobody has ever left before. I can't respect a politician who is planning to vote leave one day, but remain the next day. This should be nothing to do with personalities, it is the future of this country. If we vote to leave, the end result will be the same as it was yesterday. I can't respect someone who throws their toys out of the pram because of what certain people have said. Whatever they have said, the migration issue is still exactly the same, and the economic forecast has not changed. Someone who changes their mind a few days before the vote obviously did not look into things in any great detail, and you have to wonder whether that sort of person should be a politician.

Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:54 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I respect everyone has different opinions, and know that absolutely nobody can be sure what will happen if we leave because nobody has ever left before. I can't respect a politician who is planning to vote leave one day, but remain the next day. This should be nothing to do with personalities, it is the future of this country. If we vote to leave, the end result will be the same as it was yesterday. I can't respect someone who throws their toys out of the pram because of what certain people have said. Whatever they have said, the migration issue is still exactly the same, and the economic forecast has not changed. Someone who changes their mind a few days before the vote obviously did not look into things in any great detail, and you have to wonder whether that sort of person should be a politician.

Spot on, Steve :thumbup:

When people tell us they 'know' what will happen after a Brexit vote, they are simply lying; unlike those who 'know' what will happen when/if we stay in

No one knows what Brexit means, but even in the words of Cameron himself, he believes that Britain "will do okay" or at least he did until he realised there was a serious chance the Brexit vote might win the day! :laughing6:

Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Sven wrote:And (in your words) here's another thing...

Since this thread was started BY YOU, Mr NON-VOTER! :lol: it has developed (to date) 21 pages but only 600+ readers and that includes everyone (including yourself) who has opened its pages!

Given that YOU are by far your own most active poster, it is reasonable to draw the conclusion that YOU have 'opened' YOUR pages more than any other; and that theory certainly gathers momentum when you note the number of self-indulgent posts you have put up, which leaves us to draw another conclusion that despite initial appearances most people aren't interested in what you have to say! ;) :laughing6: :laughing6:

Haha. But no response to by ripping your posts to shreds. Thanks sven it was fun. But guess it's game set and match for me. :-) whoop whoop.

Now to win the stay vote I beat you 2-0 :-) whoop whoop.

I expected better from you. And you clearly haven't read this thread or you wouldn't have posted what you have. As my motives were made more than clear on why this thread started. :-) :-)

Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:08 pm

Winner winner chicken dinner. :-)

Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:20 pm

bluebird-77 wrote:Winner winner chicken dinner. :-)

Oh dear! When all else fails, move to immaturity mode! :roll: :oops: :oops:

How incredibly childish! :oops: :oops:

Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:27 pm

I know I know. Guilty as charged. But 2 posts and no replies from you. So guess you batting is worse than my bowling. :-) just like angelis he couldn't back it and gave up on an unwin able battle. ;-)

Strange how this thread stayed a sticky for so long with me be the only one looking. Lol. And it's not even about football violence longest sticky I've seen. ;-)

Have read up yet and found my motive for this thread?? Or you throwing the towel in like many before you ;-)

Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:53 pm

Basking in the glory feels good don't it lads :-)

Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:33 pm

I see dodgy Dave coming out with more nonsense and out and out lies again today. Shame on the tactics being used. :-(

Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:14 pm

Not bothered either way anymore, just fed up with the debate. I will be voting to leave but it won't devastate me if we stay. Remain campaign has managed to convince me enough that a vote to stay will not be a disaster but I do believe we are better off OUT.

This is the closest it will get, I predict a vote to stay in 56-44.

Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:21 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Not bothered either way anymore, just fed up with the debate. I will be voting to leave but it won't devastate me if we stay. Remain campaign has managed to convince me enough that a vote to stay will not be a disaster but I do believe we are better off OUT.

Could be a draw with Germany winning on penalties.

Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:08 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Not bothered either way anymore, just fed up with the debate. I will be voting to leave but it won't devastate me if we stay. Remain campaign has managed to convince me enough that a vote to stay will not be a disaster but I do believe we are better off OUT.

Hope your prediction is right 1948, but I'm pessimistic. I think Leave have got the emotional momentum and I see it 52-48 Leave.

Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:51 pm

City Slicker wrote:

Hope your prediction is right 1948, but I'm pessimistic. I think Leave have got the emotional momentum and I see it 52-48 Leave.

The Yes to independence in Scotland had the emotional momentum and ended up losing. People shout the loudest in the ballot box, always been the way. If you want a remain vote then I think you will be pleased come Friday morning.

Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:01 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

The Yes to independence in Scotland had the emotional momentum and ended up losing. People shout the loudest in the ballot box, always been the way. If you want a remain vote then I think you will be pleased come Friday morning.

There was a very interesting debate at Wembley tonight and I think Boris got the loudest cheer at the end. I have to say I thought he conjured up a very clever quote "Vote for Britain's own Independence Day on Thursday" He obviously has good speech writers. Either way, I think it's going to be very close and the country is riven in two. The political fallout could be intriguing.

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:08 am

City Slicker wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

There was a very interesting debate at Wembley tonight and I think Boris got the loudest cheer at the end. I have to say I thought he conjured up a very clever quote "Vote for Britain's own Independence Day on Thursday" He obviously has good speech writers. Either way, I think it's going to be very close and the country is riven in two. The political fallout could be intriguing.

I will be voting to remain, however,I am very impressed with the way this man has managed to hoodwink the type of person that he least represents.He made a political choice and not one of his own convictions(thats why he didn't come out straight away)and I would be first to admit that if he had decided to throw his lot in with the remain campaign they would be pissing it now.A modern day Pied Piper if ever there was one.

Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:30 am

It's the complete lack of answer on everything that I think the leave biggest down fall. If they covered that off and the answer were positive I'd think leave would have walked it.
At this moment I think remain will just sneak it. ??

Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:24 pm

bluebird-77 wrote:

Haha. But no response to by ripping your posts to shreds. Thanks sven it was fun. But guess it's game set and match for me. :-) whoop whoop.

I expected better from you. And you clearly haven't read this thread or you wouldn't have posted what you have. As my motives were made more than clear on why this thread started. :-) :-)

If you really think you have ripped Sven's posts to shreds then your delusions of grandeur are far worse than any of us had previously thought :roll:

Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:31 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

I will be voting to remain, however,I am very impressed with the way this man has managed to hoodwink the type of person that he least represents.He made a political choice and not one of his own convictions(thats why he didn't come out straight away)and I would be first to admit that if he had decided to throw his lot in with the remain campaign they would be pissing it now.A modern day Pied Piper if ever there was one.

I totally agree. I imagine, whatever their persuasion, there are few people who believe Boris is a conviction politician rather than a self_serving opportunist. The fascinating denouement will be how the Tory pigswill sort themselves out after the vote, whatever the result might be. How the likes of Amber Rudd, Ruth Davidson and George Osborne get back to a state of bonhomie with the scary Gove, Duncan-Smith and Leascom is one hell of a challenge. Cameron has quite a mountain of work on his hands.

Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:22 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
bluebird-77 wrote:

If you really think you have ripped Sven's posts to shreds then your delusions of grandeur are far worse than any of us had previously thought :roll:

Well I disagree. He tried to spar but when I pointed out many points to him he has hidden away and rightly so. Even to the point that if I post on his self indulgent self imposed stickies. My posts get deleted. Haha no free speech. If he doesn't like what he hears he ignores/deletes it. He commented on this thread with out reading it all. If he did he would have realised then other people referred to the eu being a nazi state like you said in a post was over egged. That didn't matter to him wasn't part of his agenda. Another leave supporter put a poster up of the eu being like the nazi germany. No reaction but suits his agenda. I merely mentioned it as I felt I wanted to be as stupid and I've the top as leave campaigners, but wow it's suddenly a disgusting thing to say. Guess what only difference Is it didn't fit his agenda.

Had he bothered to research this thread he would have realised that I had a couple of prop bets on it. And I always try to win. :-)

I really couldn't care which way the country votes. The thing that makes me laugh is the leave campaign have no answers to what we will do and happen when we leave. Handy for the because they not the one who have to deal with it.

Tony chill out and stop taking life so serious. Ifyou want a serious eu debate get involed with politics or post on a forum for that not a banter filled football forum.

I wish you well. :-)

Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:32 pm

City Slicker wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

I totally agree. I imagine, whatever their persuasion, there are few people who believe Boris is a conviction politician rather than a self_serving opportunist. The fascinating denouement will be how the Tory pigswill sort themselves out after the vote, whatever the result might be. How the likes of Amber Rudd, Ruth Davidson and George Osborne get back to a state of bonhomie with the scary Gove, Duncan-Smith and Leascom is one hell of a challenge. Cameron has quite a mountain of work on his hands.

More than a mountain. I voted for him twice but never again. A man who has put his own personal ambitions above that of the country. Why did he go for this referendum, no other party apart from UKIP were going to. We all know the answer to that, and yet he was prepared to risk what he says will be a disaster if we leave so that he could satisfy some of his backbenchers and get another five years in power.

Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:32 pm

bluebird-77 wrote:

Tony, the guy has fast become a Troll and is now on almost every thread on which I post with with his continually inane and immature attempts at 'baiting'

As you know, I'm all for reasoned debate and enjoy the fact that anyone can have an opinion even if it differs to my own; even to the point that I will hold my hands up and admit it if it is occasionally proven (it happens even to the best of us ;) ) that I got it wrong

As I read his deliberately provocative posts (now over several threads) the more I began to recognise a pattern that we have seen on this Forum before

As he suggested, I looked back at his posts on this thread. Then I looked back at his history since he mysteriously 'arrived' with a name fully intended to 'wind up' our senior citizen 'Bluebird1977' who had got the better of him previously

That is both childish and conceited beyond and it beggars the question WTF? :oops:

All very interesting reading indeed and (partly thanks to a few decent members who messaged me) I am now content with who I am dealing

Far too many threads/posts have quickly turned negative as he berates anyone (not just me) who disagrees or corrects him and the tone he uses is also reminiscent of one person, too! ;)

Despite his exceptionally poor standard of grammar, he genuinely believes that brow-beating others is the same as winning an argument! But, as someone on here says (he has it as his slogan) "There's no point in arguing with an idiot, as they will drag you down and beat you with experience" and that's his precise methodology

I'll let him have his moment in the sun and (likely) his 'smug' moment come Friday if the REMAIN vote wins, but seeing as he has stated (on here) that he will not be voting, then I fail to see how he can claim any right to celebrate?? :?

I dare say he won't be able to resist the temptation the respond to this post. That is his prerogative, as it is mine to ignore the fraud and debate with reasonable people rather than a 'Devil's Avocate' :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:39 pm

Sven wrote:
bluebird-77 wrote:

Tony, the guy has fast become a Troll and is now on almost every thread on which I post with with his continually inane and immature attempts at 'baiting'

As you know, I'm all for reasoned debate and enjoy the fact that anyone can have an opinion even if it differs to my own; even to the point that I will hold my hands up and admit it if it is occasionally proven (it happens even to the best of us ;) ) that I got it wrong

As I read his deliberately provocative posts (now over several threads) the more I began to recognise a pattern that we have seen on this Forum before

As he suggested, I looked back at his posts on this thread. Then I looked back at his history since he mysteriously 'arrived' with a name fully intended to 'wind up' our senior citizen 'Bluebird1977' who had got the better of him previously

That is both childish and conceited beyond and it beggars the question WTF? :oops:

All very interesting reading indeed and (partly thanks to a few decent members who messaged me) I am now content with who I am dealing

Far too many threads/posts have quickly turned negative as he berates anyone (not just me) who disagrees or corrects him and the tone he uses is also reminiscent of one person, too! ;)

Despite his exceptionally poor standard of grammar, he genuinely believes that brow-beating others is the same as winning an argument! But, as someone on here says (he has it as his slogan) "There's no point in arguing with an idiot, as they will drag you down and beat you with experience" and that's his precise methodology

I'll let him have his moment in the sun and (likely) his 'smug' moment come Friday if the REMAIN vote wins, but seeing as he has stated (on here) that he will not be voting, then I fail to see how he can claim any right to celebrate?? :?

I dare say he won't be able to resist the temptation the respond to this post. That is his prerogative, as it is mine to ignore the fraud and debate with reasonable people rather than a 'Devil's Avocate' :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sven while you were writing this post I sent you a pm. Don't know who you think I am I was born in 77 and I support Cardiff.

Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:08 pm

Ironically this happened today. Lol.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... zi-experts

Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:40 pm

bluebird-77 wrote:Ironically this happened today. Lol.

Gove lost it?? Cameron lost it long ago. All he can do is avoid answering questions and call exit people liars! :thumbright:

Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:12 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebird-77 wrote:Ironically this happened today. Lol.

grove lost it?? camaron lost it long ago all he can do is avoid answering questions and callng exit people liars! :thumbright:

At least we know Cameron is usually right. After all, he told us he would get net immigration down to below 100,000. He will probably tell us that Santa exists next. He told us he would get all sorts of concessions from the EU and got virtually nothing. Juncker said earlier today that there will be no further negotiations or concessions. Even on the eve of the poll we are being told we won't have this and we won't have that. About time we decided for ourselves what we can and can't have.