Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

As of today how will you vote in eu vote?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:30 pm

Vote yes stay in eu
30%
Vote no get out
66%
Not going to vote
4%

Total votes : 227

Re: ' POLL ' How would you vote on eu today?

Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:08 pm

markeMark wrote:
bluebird-77 wrote:The leave campaign really make up some ground recently. Going to be much closer than I first thought. Plus an excellent speech by leave which was highlighted here.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=173935
With some polls having leave now in the lead as well. Wish I put a bet on now when they were at 8-1 for leave. :-(

I still can't help but think that it is more a vote against Cameron than the eu. If Cameron was on the leave campaign then I belive most would then vote to stay.

I can't stand the bloke personally and hope he loses job which ever way it goes. But if we do leave I hope it's because that's what the people want and not just a chance to get Cameron out of power. Because he is not worth gamberling with the uk future just to get him out of number 10. He's not bigger than our country. :-)

I don't trust Cameron even though I voted Conservatives at last few elections. I am voting out purely because I believe that long term we will be far better off out of this shambles of an organisation. We may have a tricky couple of years if we leave, but this is our long term future and will shape generations to come. The remain campaign seem to be concentrating only on what will happen over the next year or two. Always the same, no long term planning, can't seeem to see beyond the end of the week.

I agree with you.

If we vote out personally think we have trade deals tied up pretty quickly because like others said companies will want to trade with us. But if they play hard ball and no deals are done for 7 plus years it could be a lot longer of hard times.

Also if we leave in and after trade deals are done do you think immigration will have been sorted ??

Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:28 pm

bluebird-77 wrote:
markeMark wrote:
bluebird-77 wrote:The leave campaign really make up some ground recently. Going to be much closer than I first thought. Plus an excellent speech by leave which was highlighted here.
With some polls having leave now in the lead as well. Wish I put a bet on now when they were at 8-1 for leave. :-(

I still can't help but think that it is more a vote against Cameron than the eu. If Cameron was on the leave campaign then I belive most would then vote to stay.

I can't stand the bloke personally and hope he loses job which ever way it goes. But if we do leave I hope it's because that's what the people want and not just a chance to get Cameron out of power. Because he is not worth gamberling with the uk future just to get him out of number 10. He's not bigger than our country. :-)

I don't trust Cameron even though I voted Conservatives at last few elections. I am voting out purely because I believe that long term we will be far better off out of this shambles of an organisation. We may have a tricky couple of years if we leave, but this is our long term future and will shape generations to come. The remain campaign seem to be concentrating only on what will happen over the next year or two. Always the same, no long term planning, can't seeem to see beyond the end of the week.

I agree with you.

If we vote out personally think we have trade deals tied up pretty quickly because like others said companies will want to trade with us. But if they play hard ball and no deals are done for 7 plus years it could be a lot longer of hard times.

Also if we leave in and after trade deals are done do you think immigration will have been sorted ??

I don't know is the honest answer. I think both sides have exagerated as to what will happen to immigration if we leave. My personal view is that if a fairly small island surrounded by water can't have some sort of control over who comes into the country, there is something wrong with our border patrols. Like most of our big talking points, I don't recall them being major issues before we got caught up with this organisation. I am not convinced this country would have opted in if they had been told we would be handing control over our policies and law making abilities to foreign bureaucrats. This was originally all about making it easier to trade, and I think a lot of small businesses would argue that even that has'nt worked for them.

Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:31 pm

We will probably end up remaining in the EU anyway, because it is part of human nature being frightened of change.

Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:14 pm

Which ever way it goes I think there be winners and losers In Both possible outcomes. I just hope we choose the one with less losers. Which way that is I don't know and not really to bothered as long as the result is of benefit to the majority. :-)

Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:23 pm

Is michael grove ever going to answer a question. Experts are wrong one minute. The. Experts are right and back up his claims. He spent the money we save about 4 times over everyone getting a bit. Lol.

If leave win he won't be responsible for moving forward. They needed a better spokes man I think. This guy is full of it. :-(

Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:35 pm

Now we get back half of the £350million a week. According to grove. Lol. Just as I was turning to maybe voting. His stories are starting to unravel. Lol.

Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:50 pm

bluebird-77 wrote:Now we get back half of the £350million a week. According to grove. Lol. Just as I was turning to maybe voting. His stories are starting to unravel. Lol.

The best today is Osborne and his emergency budget. That has to be the most ludicrous thing even he has come out with yet. If things were going to be as bad as that, he would have come out with this a long time ago, not a week before the vote. Really grasping at straws now and trying to scare the undecided voters. Him and Cameron are resembling Laurel & Hardy more and more each day. The leave campaign are not immune to ridiculous claims either, but Osborne has gone completely over the top today. He must think that unless we are one of his posh mates, we can be taken as mugs.

Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:27 pm

markeMark wrote:
bluebird-77 wrote:
markeMark wrote:

I agree with you.

I don't know is the honest answer. I think both sides have exagerated as to what will happen to immigration if we leave. My personal view is that if a fairly small island surrounded by water can't have some sort of control over who comes into the country, there is something wrong with our border patrols. Like most of our big talking points, I don't recall them being major issues before we got caught up with this organisation. I am not convinced this country would have opted in if they had been told we would be handing control over our policies and law making abilities to foreign bureaucrats. This was originally all about making it easier to trade, and I think a lot of small businesses would argue that even that has'nt worked for them.

I agree a ridiculous thing to say and this partly pushed me to vote and to vote for leave. But seeing grove tonight fills me with more dread. As he won't be governing after we leave he just a campaigner he can make all the claims he likes and doesn't have to back them up. Someone else has to back up his claims which he even knows is unrealistic.

It reminded me a bit of X factor with his so. Story about his dad and the home they made for 2 orphans in the factory. (Talk about exploiting people.) and it's was the eu that cost them everything. Only for his dad to be quoted as saying the eu had noting to do with it. He came very close to losing his temper at this point. So of his true colours started to show through. He was said to be walking to the beat of the drum or right wing racists. I starting to think he's beating the drum. Co wrote a book on privatising the nhs. Now wants to pump the make believe £350 million a week in to it.

He manged to succeed tonight in losing my vote. No answers. No comeback. No responsibilty.
I doubt Cameron be any better but least he in the driving seat.

Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:11 pm

Right I've decided to vote now. And I'm voting to leave. I will not have anything to do with Jeremy clarkson ;-)

Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:49 pm

Watched Corbyn on the Marr show saying there will be no limit to migration, if we remain in the EU.

Basically saying tough s**t to the British people.

Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:49 pm

Be interested to see what bollocks Cameron comes out with tonight.

Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:08 pm

What an opening line by David dimberley. What ever Cameron said couldn't be as bad as that.

Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:10 pm

Things starting to unravel for brexit. Top Tory changes sides. Farage even has to stoop to using the terrible murder of jo cox. Borris saying the opposite to what he said a couple of years ago. Grove dad say eu had nothing to do with his business closing.

Cameron bad. But man why would anyone vote for the out guys.

Even they biggest brainwashed cheerleader has appeared to give up on them as well. Where is wez and his dot to dot posters?? ;-)

Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:15 pm

bluebird-77 wrote:Things starting to unravel for brexit. Top Tory changes sides. Farage even has to stoop to using the terrible murder of jo cox. Borris saying the opposite to what he said a couple of years ago. Grove dad say eu had nothing to do with his business closing.

Cameron bad. But man why would anyone vote for the out guys.

Even they biggest brainwashed cheerleader has appeared to give up on them as well. Where is wez and his dot to dot posters?? ;-)

Im enjoying the beer in france :lol:

Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:40 pm

Have one from me. :-)

I'm just missing you posts ;-)

Enjoy you trip. Times like this I wish I had a passport :-(

Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:43 pm

i did my vote by post a few weeks ago.out

Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:01 am

On 27 July 2010, David Cameron, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, during a visit to Turkey has promised to "fight" for Turkey's membership of the European Union, saying he is "angry" at the slow pace of negotiations. He added that "a European Union without Turkey at its heart is not stronger but weaker... not more secure but less... not richer but poorer." Cameron is consistent with his views then.

Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:42 am

Cameron has been a long time supprter of Turkey becoming part of the EU. I think they have satisfied something like the 65 of the 70 conditions they have to meet, and are working hard towards joining. Changed his tune a bit now, but it should help him get some more votes to remain.
Cameron also pledged to get net migration to below 100,000. He was talking utter rubbish then, and still is. He can't control these figures with free movement of people, and he knows very well that he can't. Still, it gets him votes does'nt it.
According to him it will be a disaster if we leave, yet he gave us the referendum and in doing so put the country at risk of leaving the EU. Got him plenty of votes no doubt.
Cameron cares about Cameron, not you or me. From a personal point of view, this vote won't have any major impact on me. I am not a youngster, and if the out vote wins, it will be years before the UK actually gets out of the EU. If the in vote wins, I will be long gone when the population hits 80 million and rising, and our public services are sinking under the sheer numbers they will be trying to cope with. I have grand children who will be affected though, and that's why I will vote out. There may be a year or two where we will be slightly worse off if we leave, but this is not about short term gains or losses, this is about the future of this country.

Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:01 pm

The markets soar today. Due to the leave campaign all but giving up at the weekend. Proof how much better we are in. I have to admit the leave campaign put up a better fight than I thought. But it seems in the end not everyone bought In to they flimsy claims and borderline racist views.

The country is smarter in the main than a leave campaigner. :-)

Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:04 pm

bluebird-77 wrote:The markets soar today. Due to the leave campaign all but giving up at the weekend. Proof how much better we are in. I have to admit the leave campaign put up a better fight than I thought. But it seems in the end not everyone bought In to they flimsy claims and borderline racist views.

The country is smarter in the main than a leave campaigner. :-)

Todays polls put it level at 44% each with 12% undecided. That's a lot of people who have bought into the flimsy campaign, in fact the same amount who have'nt.

Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:12 pm

Even if we vote out, it has been said that it will probably be a minimum of 5 years for this to take effect, and could be as much as 7 or 8 years. Nothing is going to change anytime soon whatever this week's outcome is.

Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:25 pm

1 million per cent YES to REMAIN. There are many many reasons that's the best bet but not least to prevent Britain suffering under the most right wing, hate filled blob of Tory spunk any of us will have ever seen. Believe me, it will be a bleak future.

Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:47 pm

City Slicker wrote:1 million per cent YES to REMAIN. There are many many reasons that's the best bet but not least to prevent Britain suffering under the most right wing, hate filled blob of Tory spunk any of us will have ever seen. Believe me, it will be a bleak future.

Agree. We leave and bit by big following garage grove and Johnson we will be more and more like nazi germany. :-)

Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:54 pm

Lie after lie after lie comes from the leave campaign. Thy can not be trusted.
https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/nissa ... 30894.html

Nissan have openly said said they prefer to remain. But hey that don't stop the leave campaign using they logo as leave backers. Unbelievable any one would vote for these clowns.

Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:22 pm

City Slicker wrote:1 million per cent YES to REMAIN. There are many many reasons that's the best bet but not least to prevent Britain suffering under the most right wing, hate filled blob of Tory spunk any of us will have ever seen. Believe me, it will be a bleak future.

If Britain is suffering under a hate filled Tory party, there is a simple remedy. Vote them out at the next election in 2020. Whatever the outcome this week, we are not likely to be out of the EU for a few years, possibly seven or eight according to some reports, so the Conservatives may not even be in power by the time we actually get out if that is what the people end up voting for.

Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:52 pm

bluebird-77 wrote:

Agree. We leave and bit by big following garage grove and Johnson we will be more and more like nazi germany. :-)

Quote: (bluebird-77): "We will be more like Nazi Germany!" :o :shock:

Absolutely disgraceful, fella! :oops:

You refer to such an outcome as the above and then you with (quote in another post) "Lie after lie after lie comes from the leave campaign. They can not be trusted"

And YOU can be trusted with statements like that???? :roll:

To make matters worse, you then state: "The markets soar today. Due to the leave campaign all but giving up at the weekend"

Excuse me if I am wrong, but wasn't the whole campaign suspended by BOTH SIDES out of respect for the tragedy that was the murder of Jo Cox, MP????

So far today, you have referred to people who have an opposing view to your own as (quote) "Stupid", "Clowns" and now "Prospective Nazis"

Seems to me you are a total hypocrite and a bit of a liar yourself, fella! :roll: :oops:

Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:06 pm

Sven wrote:
bluebird-77 wrote:

You refer to such an outcome as the above and then you with (quote in another post) "Lie after lie after lie comes from the leave campaign. They can not be trusted"

To make matters worse, you then state: "The markets soar today. Due to the leave campaign all but giving up at the weekend"

Excuse me if I am wrong, but wasn't the whole campaign suspended by BOTH SIDES out of respect for the tragedy that was the murder of Jo Cox, MP????

So far today, you have referred to people who have an opposing view to your own as (quote) "Stupid", "Clowns" and now "Prospective Nazis"

Seems to me you are a total hypocrite and a bit of a liar yourself, fella! :roll: :oops:

I have made my position clear on this forum and will be voting out. However, everyone is entitled to an opinion, and just because I don't agree with Bluebird 77 it would'nt cross my mind to call him stupid or a clown. And we are supposed to be the bad ones in all of this who are using inflamatory statements etc. and yet the abuse is not coming from us is it. The polls are still close, and I have no idea who will win, but whatever happens, it is a minimum of two years before we can get out, more likely to be many years longer than that, and apparently could quite easily be as much as ten years.

Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:21 pm

Sven wrote:
bluebird-77 wrote:

Shame you didn't jump up and down as much when leave supporters said here it's be like nazi germany if we stay in. Shame you can't put any balance on it, as In This case I merely mentioned it as a direct reflection of a leave supporters argument. Obviously you want to leave so it's hit a nerve with you now.

If you read my posts I not going to vote, I really couldn't care less either which way. The views I project are more my opinion on the way things will go and why, the majority who post tend to be for leave. So even up the debate I made my posts more in favour of stay.

To sum me up sven.

1. Will I vote? No.
2. Do I care who wins? Not really.
3. Who do I think will win? Remain by quite a bit.
4. Will I be smug if the remain win on Friday? Of course i will but only because Id be right. :-)

Hope this helps.

And to add some balance for me sven why was there no outburst when leave said we end up part of a hitler style nazi state if we don't leave?
:-)

Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:01 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I never wanted a referendum on EU membership and only got one because of in fighting in the Tory Party. In principle I think a United States of Europe is not a bad idea as collectively as a continent we would have more clout globally. So originally I would have voted to remain in.

However, I have changed my mind and will vote to leave. The first thing that got me thinking was a post by Nuclearblue in which he compared the EU to Nazi Germany. I thought then (and still do now) that he over egged the situation but it got me for the first time to look at how the EU works.

I was completely stunned to find out that the EU Parliament (which contains MEP's which I voted for) has no legislative powers at ALL!! Apparently all EU laws can only be passed with the consent of the EU Commission who has the final say. This means that there is no accountability and no matter how badly the EU Commission performs us as EU citizens cannot vote out any of the 28 members!

This is a situation not seen since the Magna Carter. Therefore I cannot bring myself to vote for such an undemocratic institution. I strongly believe the EU has too much self interest to ever change and it will take a massive event such as our leaving to bring the EU to its senses as other countries will follow our lead in a domino effect.

I have also been really unimpressed by Dodgy Dave and his project fear. It is something which has severed him well before in the Scottish referendum and the 2015 General Election so naturally he has used the same tactics again. But like Russell Slade found out people finally work you out and his fear project is falling more and more on deaf ears.

As someone on this forum pointed out trade with the EU is not ‘free’ due to our membership as we pay a net £9billion in fees for the privilege to do so! Trade will not end with Europe on our exit nor will Trade with the rest of Europe.
Even if there is a short term hit to our economy (which is far from certain) it will be worth it in order to draw a line in the sand with the EU and hopefully it can begin its well overdue road to reform.

Here you go sven.

Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:04 pm

wez1927 wrote:Sums it up really no bombs but the weapon of choice is threats

And another one. The nazi comparison didn't get jumped on when it fitted you agenda.

:-)