Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

As of today how will you vote in eu vote?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:30 pm

Vote yes stay in eu
30%
Vote no get out
66%
Not going to vote
4%

Total votes : 227

Re: ' POLL ' How would you vote on eu today?

Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:25 am

I'm far from a leftie.

I think prisons should be harder, I think 10 years mean 10 years not 6. I think death penalty should be used in the most serious of crimes. Corporal punishment should be brought back. I think people who claim benifits should do a full weeks charity work to get they benifits if not then they can live on the street.

I just on this subject think we better off I. The eu. Wouldn't say I'm Delusional. Although thinking Cardiff should walk a top 2 finish with our squad. Not realising just how bad a manager spade is may be delusional. Lol.
I hold my hands up to that one :-)

Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:50 am

100% Be Voting Out :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:34 am

wez1927 wrote:You do realise that only 8 % of British business actually trade with the eu ? Do you honestly think that the 3 million jobs will just go ? We will still trade with the eu just like they will want to trade with us

A misleading statistic taken from that best selling yellow and black book called "Brexit for Dummies"

Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:00 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
wez1927 wrote:You do realise that only 8 % of British business actually trade with the eu ? Do you honestly think that the 3 million jobs will just go ? We will still trade with the eu just like they will want to trade with us

A misleading statistic taken from that best selling yellow and black book called "Brexit for Dummies"

Typical lefty can't handle the truth most of Britain's businesses trade with each other and that's a fact lefty like you try bringing the eu into it ,the fact is if we left the eu not a lot would change regaling trade with them as they need us more than we need them eu is the worst performing trade block in the world

Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:16 am

wez1927 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Typical lefty can't handle the truth most of Britain's businesses trade with each other and that's a fact lefty like you try bringing the eu into it ,the fact is if we left the eu not a lot would change regaling trade with them as they need us more than we need them eu is the worst performing trade block in the world

Like someone has already said, countries don't trade with each other, businesses trade with each other. These businesses are not going to vanish overnight if we leave the EU, a lot of the red tape that is hindering small businesses in this country might though.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:15 am

wez1927 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Ah but who's truth Wez.I'm not disputing that stand alone stat you used but it doesn't paint a true picture.The likes of Patel's corner shop doesn't rely on trade with the EU but American Car firms like Ford,General motors produce alot of cars and parts for the EU market in this country-just think of how many high skilled-well paid jobs could be lost if these companies had to move their producton to europe.The 8% you mentioned is irrelevant when it comes to Pounds sterling earned by these companies.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:27 am

In the spirit of Wesley. :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:30 am

Good this a easy doing no research and just posting biased posters.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:39 am

bluebird-77 wrote:Good this a easy doing no research and just posting biased posters.

Watch out because you'll have Wez on here in a minute calling you a leftie.Walked straight in to it I did,what an argument clincher!

Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:41 am

The 3 latest polls all show a lead for leave :thumbright:

Get down the bookies while the odds are still 3-1!

Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:43 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
bluebird-77 wrote:Good this a easy doing no research and just posting biased posters.

Watch out because you'll have Wez on here in a minute calling you a leftie.Walked straight in to it I did,what an argument clincher!

Lol.

The second poster shows it's source as the hm treasury. So it's a fact every £ we put in we get £10 back. And he wants to leave. Crazy town.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:52 am

Forever Blue wrote:100% Be Voting Out :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You're voting out and you've moved to live in Spain! Couldn't make it up!

Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:19 am

Thought you might like to see this.

British expats could lose the right to live and work in Spain in the event of a Brexit vote, the country’s Prime Minister has suggested.
Mariano Rajoy said “it would be very negative for British citizens” if Britain were to leave the EU, because they would no longer be able to move freely around Europe.
More than 400,000 British citizens live and work in Spain, in comparison to 100,000 Spanish citizens who live and work in the United Kingdom, he claimed.
According to UN figures, the number of British people registered as resident in Spain is 309,000, making it the most popular destination in Europe for British expats.
Speaking to Spanish international news agency EFE, Mr Rajoy said: "I have no doubt whatsoever, as I have repeatedly stated, that it would be very negative if the United Kingdom left the European Union. Negative for everybody, for the United Kingdom, for Spain, and for the European Union.
"But, above all, it would be very negative for British citizens: the European Union is based, ever since its foundation, on the principles of freedom of movement of people, goods, services, and capitals.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:38 am

bluebird-77 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Lol.

The second poster shows it's source as the hm treasury. So it's a fact every £ we put in we get £10 back. And he wants to leave. Crazy town.

Suppose that was true (it's NOT) if we were gaining £10 for every £1 in - which countries are losing the extra £9 because money doesn't appear from thin air.

The true fact is every £1 we put in we get LESS than 50p back through rebate :old:

Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:53 am

T1JMO wrote:
bluebird-77 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Lol.

Suppose that was true (it's NOT) if we were gaining £10 for every £1 in - which countries are losing the extra £9 because money doesn't appear from thin air.

The true fact is every £1 we put in we get LESS than 50p back through rebate :old:

But the poster says we do. It can't be wrong can it?? Does that mean all the wonderful posters wez has put up are wrong as well? Or is my point now been made what a load of pointless rubbish it is posting biased stuff like that really is?

Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:13 am

bluebird-77 wrote:I'm far from a leftie.

I think prisons should be harder, I think 10 years mean 10 years not 6. I think death penalty should be used in the most serious of crimes. Corporal punishment should be brought back. I think people who claim benifits should do a full weeks charity work to get they benifits if not then they can live on the street.

I just on this subject think we better off I. The eu. Wouldn't say I'm Delusional. Although thinking Cardiff should walk a top 2 finish with our squad. Not realising just how bad a manager spade is may be delusional. Lol.

I was quite impressed reading your post until you got on to the. eu,but still you show promise,maybe make a Conservative out of you yet

Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:17 am

angelis1949 wrote:

I was quite impressed reading your post until you got on to the. eu,but still you show promise,maybe make a Conservative out of you yet

I will never allow myself to be brainwashed into having my beliefs dictated to my a political stance. I enjoy be able to think freely and not follow the party guidelines like a sheep. But I know that's not for all some people like to be spoon fed and told what to think. It's easier for them I guess rather that form they own independent views. :-)

Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:21 am

angelis1949 wrote:

Who says I didn't vote for con last time? And to be honest while JC is in charge of lab there's no way they get my vote.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:22 pm

T1JMO wrote:
bluebird-77 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Lol.

Beg to differ there matey.The £10 pound is not in the form hard cash but in the value of job creation and investment.For example I know the Japs invest heavily in this country so they can acess the EU market with our plant and our workforce and that money only comes in as a result of our membership of the EU.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:31 pm

BlueGog wrote:

Why because before 92 people couldn't live in Spain????? What a mug you are

Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:47 pm

wez1927 wrote:
BlueGog wrote:

Well, actually it's not me who's saying this, it's the Spanish PM :wave:

British expats could forfeit their rights to live in Spain if they vote to leave the EU, the Spanish prime minister has warned, saying forgoing free movement rights would be “negative for everyone”.
More than 400,000 British citizens live and work in Spain, while 100,000 Spanish citizens live in the UK, Mariano Rajoy said.
“I have no doubt whatsoever, as I have repeatedly stated, that it would be very negative if the United Kingdom left the European Union. Negative for everybody, for the United Kingdom, for Spain, and for the European Union,” Rajoy told Spanish news agency EFE. “But, above all, it would be very negative for British citizens: the European Union is based, ever since its foundation, on the principles of freedom of movement of people, goods, services and capitals.”
UK citizens, he said, would forfeit crucial rights to live and work across the continent. “Leaving the European Union would mean that British citizens would lose their right to move freely, work and do business within the largest economic area, the largest market in the world,” he said.
“If the United Kingdom left the European Union, it would be very negative for everyone and from every perspective.” British expats in Spain, many of them retired, have expressed concern about access to healthcare after a potential leave vote. UK citizens are entitled to healthcare via the European health insurance card or free health insurance from the Spanish government under EU law, but Spain would not be obliged to continue to offer free healthcare to non-EU citizens.
Rajoy’s comments came after the Dutch prime minister, Mark Rutte, warned that a pledge by Brexit campaigners’ to enact a points-based immigration system would mean British citizens would face similar barriers to travel and work in Europe.
“It would be unavoidable, inevitable, for us and I think for many of us in Europe to follow the same proposals to implement a points system also in the rest of the European Union,” he told BBC News.
“So you would get a race to the bottom and that’s exactly what you don’t want.”
Leave campaigners have argued that new rights for British citizens to live and work in other EU countries could be negotiated after Brexit.
Free movement and its effects on migration to the UK is one of the key issues for voters, according to new polling conducted by Vote Leave, which found almost half of those surveyed said levels of migration from the other 27 EU countries had been bad for the UK, against 26% who thought it had benefited Britain.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:51 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
T1JMO wrote:
bluebird-77 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Lol.

Beg to differ there matey.The £10 pound is not in the form hard cash but in the value of job creation and investment.For example I know the Japs invest heavily in this country so they can acess the EU market with our plant and our workforce and that money only comes in as a result of our membership of the EU.

The money coming in in the form of wages and investment is in no way related to the money we spend. Take another non-EU country in Europe such as Norway - not in the EU but still trade with the EU just like we do now!

If you're going to class wages coming in as £10 in for every £1 out YOU HAVE to also factor in the money we are loosing from not being able to sign our own trade deals with World Trade Organisation!
Last edited by T1JMO on Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:51 pm

BlueGog wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
BlueGog wrote:

Well, actually it's not me who's saying this, it's the Spanish PM :wave:

British expats could forfeit their rights to live in Spain if they vote to leave the EU, the Spanish prime minister has warned, saying forgoing free movement rights would be “negative for everyone”.
More than 400,000 British citizens live and work in Spain, while 100,000 Spanish citizens live in the UK, Mariano Rajoy said.
“I have no doubt whatsoever, as I have repeatedly stated, that it would be very negative if the United Kingdom left the European Union. Negative for everybody, for the United Kingdom, for Spain, and for the European Union,” Rajoy told Spanish news agency EFE. “But, above all, it would be very negative for British citizens: the European Union is based, ever since its foundation, on the principles of freedom of movement of people, goods, services and capitals.”
UK citizens, he said, would forfeit crucial rights to live and work across the continent. “Leaving the European Union would mean that British citizens would lose their right to move freely, work and do business within the largest economic area, the largest market in the world,” he said.
“If the United Kingdom left the European Union, it would be very negative for everyone and from every perspective.” British expats in Spain, many of them retired, have expressed concern about access to healthcare after a potential leave vote. UK citizens are entitled to healthcare via the European health insurance card or free health insurance from the Spanish government under EU law, but Spain would not be obliged to continue to offer free healthcare to non-EU citizens.
Rajoy’s comments came after the Dutch prime minister, Mark Rutte, warned that a pledge by Brexit campaigners’ to enact a points-based immigration system would mean British citizens would face similar barriers to travel and work in Europe.
“It would be unavoidable, inevitable, for us and I think for many of us in Europe to follow the same proposals to implement a points system also in the rest of the European Union,” he told BBC News.
“So you would get a race to the bottom and that’s exactly what you don’t want.”
Leave campaigners have argued that new rights for British citizens to live and work in other EU countries could be negotiated after Brexit.
Free movement and its effects on migration to the UK is one of the key issues for voters, according to new polling conducted by Vote Leave, which found almost half of those surveyed said levels of migration from the other 27 EU countries had been bad for the UK, against 26% who thought it had benefited Britain.

So you honestly think it will happen migrants a day blurs keep the Spanish economy alive

Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:57 pm

Here's a question for all the remain people are you happy that the Turkish will be allowed visa free travel also that they are likely to be given full member status ?

Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:17 pm

wez1927 wrote:Here's a question for all the remain people are you happy that the Turkish will be allowed visa free travel also that they are likely to be given full member status ?

Farage warned us about the Romanians didn't he but they did not arrive in their thousands. Immigration is a problem I'll grant you, but try living in Gwynedd we've suffered wave after wave of English immigrants who have totally changed the linguistic map, communities that were once Welsh speaking now have become totally Anglicized but they are welcomed and are thought of as our own.
Since the stone age people have always moved, its was for food or because of the climate now they move for safety or work. If you think it's bad now just wait until global warming hits Africa making large parts of it uninhabitable, you will have a whole continent on the move. It's happened before, the only difference is that now we have countries in the way of mass migration.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:25 pm

BlueGog wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Here's a question for all the remain people are you happy that the Turkish will be allowed visa free travel also that they are likely to be given full member status ?

Farage warned us about the Romanians didn't he but they did not arrive in their thousands.

Have you checked the figures?!?! He was SPOT ON - there are now estimated 500,000 Romanians in Britain!

Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:41 pm

T1JMO wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
T1JMO wrote:
bluebird-77 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Lol.

The money coming in in the form of wages and investment is in no way related to the money we spend. Take another non-EU country in Europe such as Norway - not in the EU but still trade with the EU just like we do now!

If you're going to class wages coming in as £10 in for every £1 out YOU HAVE to also factor in the money we are loosing from not being able to sign our own trade deals with World Trade Organisation!

No,your missing the point entirely.The Japs want to sell cars in the EU right?So why don't they sell directly to EU member countries?They can't because there not allowed but what they can do is build cars using their own money to invest in plant,premises and equipment and pay wages in this country-Thats japanese money coming into this contry-not EU money.Next time your down the supermarket and you pick up a case of your fav aussie lager or budwiser from the states etc look at the label,Somewhere on the label it will say"brewed under licence in the uk".Now,why don't they just export it directly to us-get the idea.Another example of how the yanks and the aussies want to sell there booze to the EU and us but are not allowed to so they invest in our country to achieve this.So this investment money IS NOT from the EU but never the less is investment that will not show up as a return on our money paid in to the EU but is calculated on that poster that says for every pound invested we get a tenner back.

So it stands to reason that if we pull out of the EU this other foreign investment will go to another EU country because we will no longer be a gateway to the EU.And I can tell you the French in particular as well as a couple of others are hoping we do go so all that money will go to them instead.BUt the right-wing little englanders forget to mention that.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:35 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
T1JMO wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:
T1JMO wrote:
bluebird-77 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Lol.

No,your missing the point entirely.The Japs want to sell cars in the EU right?So why don't they sell directly to EU member countries?They can't because there not allowed but what they can do is build cars using their own money to invest in plant,premises and equipment and pay wages in this country-Thats japanese money coming into this contry-not EU money.Next time your down the supermarket and you pick up a case of your fav aussie lager or budwiser from the states etc look at the label,Somewhere on the label it will say"brewed under licence in the uk".Now,why don't they just export it directly to us-get the idea.Another example of how the yanks and the aussies want to sell there booze to the EU and us but are not allowed to so they invest in our country to achieve this.So this investment money IS NOT from the EU but never the less is investment that will not show up as a return on our money paid in to the EU but is calculated on that poster that says for every pound invested we get a tenner back.

So it stands to reason that if we pull out of the EU this other foreign investment will go to another EU country because we will no longer be a gateway to the EU.And I can tell you the French in particular as well as a couple of others are hoping we do go so all that money will go to them instead.BUt the right-wing little englanders forget to mention that.

No I've got the point, crystal clear - could not be any clearer. But you can't say we get £10 out for every £1 in if you're not prepared to factor in the money we are also LOOSING by being in! We can't sign our own deals with World Trade Organisation costing billions! You can't have the argument both ways.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:41 pm

BlueGog wrote:

Farage warned us about the Romanians didn't he but they did not arrive in their thousands. Immigration is a problem I'll grant you, but try living in Gwynedd we've suffered wave after wave of English immigrants who have totally changed the linguistic map, communities that were once Welsh speaking now have become totally Anglicized but they are welcomed and are thought of as our own.
Since the stone age people have always moved, its was for food or because of the climate now they move for safety or work. If you think it's bad now just wait until global warming hits Africa making large parts of it uninhabitable, you will have a whole continent on the move. It's happened before, the only difference is that now we have countries in the way of mass migration.

I'm sure your just on a wind up you can't be that thick can you ????:lol: 600,000 eu foreign ni numbers issued last year alone ,head in sand springs to mind Farage was bang on right on immigration

Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:21 pm

100% in!!! :old: