Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

As of today how will you vote in eu vote?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:30 pm

Vote yes stay in eu
30%
Vote no get out
66%
Not going to vote
4%

Total votes : 227

Re: ' POLL ' How would you vote on eu today?

Wed May 25, 2016 9:56 pm

OUT :walk:

Thu May 26, 2016 3:25 am

OUT end of

Thu May 26, 2016 7:29 am

You couldn't make it up.
Interviewing Brits living in Spain on breakfast tv about the EU vote and one says "What worries me is immigration."
Lady, you are an immigrant!

:digging2:

Thu May 26, 2016 8:02 am

Remain in for me. It would be really bad news on a personal level for me if we leave, I would expect to be closing the doors on my business within 6 months if it happens. All of my trading partners are in the EU and the devaluation of sterling against the euro that would happen as a result of leaving the would kill me off pretty quickly.
Both sides have run scare campaigns but the Brexit campaign has fed misinformation about so many issues.

It would be a disaster for Welsh businesses and for Welsh people generally if we left.

Thu May 26, 2016 9:08 am

McNaughtyButNice wrote:Remain in for me. It would be really bad news on a personal level for me if we leave, I would expect to be closing the doors on my business within 6 months if it happens. All of my trading partners are in the EU and the devaluation of sterling against the euro that would happen as a result of leaving the would kill me off pretty quickly.
Both sides have run scare campaigns but the Brexit campaign has fed misinformation about so many issues.

It would be a disaster for Welsh businesses and for Welsh people generally if we left.

Excellent post. Common sense.

Thu May 26, 2016 10:09 am

McNaughtyButNice wrote:Remain in for me. It would be really bad news on a personal level for me if we leave, I would expect to be closing the doors on my business within 6 months if it happens. All of my trading partners are in the EU and the devaluation of sterling against the euro that would happen as a result of leaving the would kill me off pretty quickly.

Each to their own (it must be a considered and personal decision for everyone that votes) but the truth is that no one REALLY knows, as the politicians are not making it easy with their 'spin' rather than fact-based info

The dilemma is "Do we (the people of the UK) take the last chance we have of determining our own destiny by regaining our full independence?"

Yes for me, so OUT will be my vote; but that's just my personal stance :ayatollah:

Thu May 26, 2016 10:18 am

I agree, your last sentence sums it up for me. The bookies odds are 1/6 to stay, and 4/1 to leave. Anyone who's confident of the Vote being to get out, you know what to do!

Thu May 26, 2016 10:24 am

For Blue Gog,
The lady interviewed in your reply does NOT live there, she owns a property..huge difference.Immigration levels into this small Island are unsustainable full stop.Nobody on the remain side will touch aforementioned because they cannot affect change and control the flood of Eastern Europeans that will follow.The Albanians will soon arrive with their their own special crime wave, there is something to look forward to!

Thu May 26, 2016 11:17 am

Sven wrote:

Each to their own (it must be a considered and personal decision for everyone that votes) but the truth is that no one REALLY knows, as the politicians are not making it easy with their 'spin' rather than fact-based info

The dilemma is "Do we (the people of the UK) take the last chance we have of determining our own destiny by regaining our full independence?"

I have seen no fact based information that supports leaving, so if you have some I would be glad to see it Sven.

Yes for me, so OUT will be my vote; but that's just my personal stance :ayatollah:

Thu May 26, 2016 11:18 am

I have seen no fact based information that supports leaving, so if you have some I would be glad to see it Sven.

Thu May 26, 2016 12:32 pm

If, as some people say, Parts of Wales are the poorest in Europe why is this if the EU is so good. After 40 years as part of Europe surely things should have improved by now if it was working.
Cameron, and his side kick, are scaremongering hoping to get a majority yes vote so that they will have well paid jobs within the EU when they finish with British politics. As did Blair and Kinnock.

I am voting out.

Thu May 26, 2016 12:35 pm

Big OUT from me :thumbup:

Thu May 26, 2016 2:52 pm

Sven wrote:

we could take our chance to be independent as you say the uk which is made up of 4 countries. and things could well work out and we may be very independent but pretty sure nothing will change on immigration. but things at least will be working out.

but what if. I know its an if but that's what most of the whole debate is based on. things don't work out and we struggling. not enough money so they in Westminster start looking whats costing so much, and they realise that wales is a big money pit. so a the same group now of out campainers want another out campaign. but this time out of the uk. so we all get our independence.

I wonder how long before the leave voters will suddenly want to return??

Thu May 26, 2016 3:06 pm

Jupiter wrote:I have seen no fact based information that supports leaving, so if you have some I would be glad to see it Sven.

All the vote in propaganda is based on might be posibly be ect ect, no facts just varieng figures that don't have definitive evidence and usually comes from camaraons side kicks. :thumbup:

Thu May 26, 2016 3:21 pm

All serious economic forecasts from the Bnak of England, to the OECD, to the IMF predict economic woe if we leave. Are you suggesting they are all wrong/ a mass conspiracy?

I agree figures can be decieving. For example, As a Brit you'd save £150 per head if vote leave. Yet, as a Welshman you'd lose £80! This is because the media aren't doing a good enough job separating the debate. Economically, British means English and they get a bad deal.

However, Wales benefits massively from the EU to the tune of £250m extra every year. The funding we would lose would not be replaced by a UK Government. What then?

Thu May 26, 2016 3:51 pm

Bobbank59 wrote:If, as some people say, Parts of Wales are the poorest in Europe why is this if the EU is so good. After 40 years as part of Europe surely things should have improved by now if it was working.
Cameron, and his side kick, are scaremongering hoping to get a majority yes vote so that they will have well paid jobs within the EU when they finish with British politics. As did Blair and Kinnock.

I am voting out.

One answer to that is that the European money Wales receives is not match funded by Westminster as should. That would have made a difference. Kind of makes you scared how much investment there would be in Wales if we vote out doesn't it?

Thu May 26, 2016 4:03 pm

Its all fixed eitherway to suit the fat cats with the biggest wallets despite what you vote :laughing6:

Thu May 26, 2016 4:55 pm

You are wrong there BlueGog. EU money has to be match funded before it is passed over.

Thu May 26, 2016 5:36 pm

Jupiter wrote:I have seen no fact based information that supports leaving, so if you have some I would be glad to see it Sven.

The EU is 100% un democratic and is a dictatorship at Brussels who wasn't elected or can't be sacked. Tell me that is not true Chief.

Thu May 26, 2016 5:49 pm

tcblue wrote:All serious economic forecasts from the Bnak of England, to the OECD, to the IMF predict economic woe if we leave. Are you suggesting they are all wrong/ a mass conspiracy?

I agree figures can be decieving. For example, As a Brit you'd save £150 per head if vote leave. Yet, as a Welshman you'd lose £80! This is because the media aren't doing a good enough job separating the debate. Economically, British means English and they get a bad deal.

However, Wales benefits massively from the EU to the tune of £250m extra every year. The funding we would lose would not be replaced by a UK Government. What then?

But UK won't have to put in bilions into the EU! large amount funding to wales is wasted on stupid projects like cycle paths to nowhere! Don't forget the money Europe gives us is given to Europe from UK govmnt so it's swings and roundabouts. :thumbup:

Thu May 26, 2016 6:03 pm

No-on has really been able to tell me why Cameron has offered us the chance to get out if it's the disaster he is making it out to be. If everything is going to be as bad as he is making out, why on earth did he agree to the referendum in the first place.

Thu May 26, 2016 6:42 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:No-on has really been able to tell me why Cameron has offered us the chance to get out if it's the disaster he is making it out to be. If everything is going to be as bad as he is making out, why on earth did he agree to the referendum in the first place.

Scared of ukip forcing him into a situation regarding emigration, :old:

Thu May 26, 2016 6:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:No-on has really been able to tell me why Cameron has offered us the chance to get out if it's the disaster he is making it out to be. If everything is going to be as bad as he is making out, why on earth did he agree to the referendum in the first place.

I think he was putting his personal ambitions ahead of the country. If that is true, how can you trust anything he says to be true? As far as I am concerned, if leaving the EU is curtains for the UK, he should never have risked it in the first place. I don't trust him or believe anything he says.

Thu May 26, 2016 6:56 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I think he was putting his personal ambitions ahead of the country. If that is true, how can you trust anything he says to be true? As far as I am concerned, if leaving the EU is curtains for the UK, he should never have risked it in the first place. I don't trust him or believe anything he says.

I wouldn't trust him with my piggy bank he's smarmy and devious politician! :old:

Thu May 26, 2016 7:04 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
tcblue wrote:All serious economic forecasts from the Bnak of England, to the OECD, to the IMF predict economic woe if we leave. Are you suggesting they are all wrong/ a mass conspiracy?

But UK won't have to put in bilions into the EU! large amount funding to wales is wasted on stupid projects like cycle paths to nowhere! Don't forget the money Europe gives us is given to Europe from UK govmnt so it's swings and roundabouts. :thumbup:

2 LL'S in billions alien :thumbup: :wave:

Thu May 26, 2016 7:05 pm

stephendavid wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

2 LL'S in billions alien :thumbup: :wave:

Pi s s s s of f f f f! :thumbup:

Thu May 26, 2016 7:32 pm

Blue Gog in spreading lies and half truths shocker.

Notice in that little map he shared it says until 2020? Well guess what happens in 2019. The EU are negotiating the next round of funding and sadly for Wales we are likely to be not receive that amount again. We were lucky too last time, with every poorer regions joining the Union we are going to get bumped up.

I understand why people want to remain for the funding aspect and agree that Westminster are unlikely to invest that much into South Wales. However this funding is going to stop in a few years and we will be saddled with all the negatives of the EU without much of the positives for that I am voting to LEAVE.

Thu May 26, 2016 7:35 pm

The way Europe is going you might have no one to trade with what ever happens in the future war is on the horizon what ever happens

Thu May 26, 2016 7:40 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Blue Gog in spreading lies and half truths shocker.

Notice in that little map he shared it says until 2020? Well guess what happens in 2019. The EU are negotiating the next round of funding and sadly for Wales we are likely to be not receive that amount again. We were lucky too last time, with every poorer regions joining the Union we are going to get bumped up.

I understand why people want to remain for the funding aspect and agree that Westminster are unlikely to invest that much into South Wales. However this funding is going to stop in a few years and we will be saddled with all the negatives of the EU without much of the positives for that I am voting to LEAVE.

Talking of spreading lies and half truths...

Thu May 26, 2016 7:40 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

The EU is 100% un democratic and is a dictatorship at Brussels who wasn't elected or can't be sacked. Tell me that is not true Chief.

theres over 700 meps I belive??

and im also lead to belive that out of the laws the eu has brought in uk meps only voted against them 3% of the time.
so the uk is being dictated to but activily supporting the eu. and we voted in the meps, and now we crying about it doesn't make sense at all.