Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' DAVID MARSHALL? ? '

Tue May 24, 2016 7:00 pm

David Marshall is more than Settled in the Cardiff area ,with his family loving the area and school etc

Will Cardiff City be tempted to try and sell Marshall this Summer? ?

Of course, the Bluebirds have their jewel in the crown between the posts, skipper David Marshall (below), the man regularly dubbed the best shot-stopper outside the Premier League. But, come on, the summer transfer window is open and if the Scottish international is not linked with a move back to the top-flight then something will be seriously wrong.

Tied to a long-term deal, Cardiff have slapped a massive price-tag on Marshall, but the ball still remains in his court. Joe Lewis has been released now and Cardiff have Ben Wilson and Simon Moore still with them. Moore looked a serviceable replacement for Marshall at times last season but if the captain were to go, heaven forbid, a new goalkeeper would surely be high on the shopping list.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' DAVID MARSHALL? ? '

Tue May 24, 2016 7:08 pm

Not for sale he's worth at least 10 points every season

Tue May 24, 2016 7:09 pm

Wayne Hennesey?

Tue May 24, 2016 7:55 pm

I'd swop Marshall for Hennessy and Ledley?

Tue May 24, 2016 7:57 pm

Sell him if we can. Although I doubt he's worth £3m now. He looked complacent last season for much of the time and nowhere near the keeper he was in the Premier league.

Of course, it's only worth selling him if we use the money to buy a 20 goal striker.

Tue May 24, 2016 8:06 pm

You have on good authority Marshall going nowhere. :thumbup:

Tue May 24, 2016 8:08 pm

It's rare these days that a player is so commited to a club, Peter whitingham and super Kev upmost respect :thumbup:

Tue May 24, 2016 8:12 pm

Some very short-sighted posts above. Marshall is invaluable to any ambitious Cardiff City side and (as pointed out in the OP's first paragraph) David Marshall and (maybe more importantly) his family are very happy and very settled in the capital city of Wales :ayatollah:

Can't stop the rumours but very unlikely to happen without a stupidly high bid and his so-called main suitors (Everton) have just lost their manager and are trying to sign a £40m keeper in Joe Hart ;)

Tue May 24, 2016 9:52 pm

Stringfellow wrote:You have on good authority Marshall going nowhere. :thumbup:

:thumbup: :bluebird:

Wed May 25, 2016 9:03 am

ianto13 wrote:I'd swop Marshall for Hennessy and Ledley?

I'd take that. Maybe ask for Johnny Williams as well ???

But Hennessey is about to perform very well on the international stage in front of millions of supporters, while Marshall is not even there.

Wed May 25, 2016 11:04 am

I bet Marshall pisses himself reading some of the comments on here. Our best and most consistent player who wowed the Premiership. Could have gone anywhere (and still could) but puts his family before himself - top man for that too. We should have a separate section called 'The Marshall Preseason Will He/Wont He Swap-Him-For-Hennessey Not-worth-£3M-Now Not-Going -Anywhere-Yet-Again Egg On Face' page.

I've said it before. Even when Marshall goes for a shit, he usually ends up with a clean sheet.

Wed May 25, 2016 4:30 pm

abergblue wrote:
ianto13 wrote:I'd swop Marshall for Hennessy and Ledley?

I'd take that. Maybe ask for Johnny Williams as well ???

But Hennessey is about to perform very well on the international stage in front of millions of supporters, while Marshall is not even there.

Yeah f**k it, you rekon theyle throw in Campbell and mutch too?

Wed May 25, 2016 4:33 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:I bet Marshall pisses himself reading some of the comments on here. Our best and most consistent player who wowed the Premiership. Could have gone anywhere (and still could) but puts his family before himself - top man for that too. We should have a separate section called 'The Marshall Preseason Will He/Wont He Swap-Him-For-Hennessey Not-worth-£3M-Now Not-Going -Anywhere-Yet-Again Egg On Face' page.

I've said it before. Even when Marshall goes for a shit, he usually ends up with a clean sheet.

He wanted to leave last year when West Brom came in but the club didn't let him. We didn't find out because he is a top pro, not like most these days who would be strait to the press!

Wed May 25, 2016 4:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:David Marshall is more than Settled in the Cardiff area ,with his family loving the area and school etc

Will Cardiff City be tempted to try and sell Marshall this Summer? ?

Of course, the Bluebirds have their jewel in the crown between the posts, skipper David Marshall (below), the man regularly dubbed the best shot-stopper outside the Premier League. But, come on, the summer transfer window is open and if the Scottish international is not linked with a move back to the top-flight then something will be seriously wrong.

Tied to a long-term deal, Cardiff have slapped a massive price-tag on Marshall, but the ball still remains in his court. Joe Lewis has been released now and Cardiff have Ben Wilson and Simon Moore still with them. Moore looked a serviceable replacement for Marshall at times last season but if the captain were to go, heaven forbid, a new goalkeeper would surely be high on the shopping list.

If Marshall remains at the club it will give Trollope the opportunity to prove to the fans that he is not a Slade clone,in other words remove the captaincy from Marshall and give it. to an outfield player