Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff in the top flight?

Sun May 22, 2016 8:35 pm

When will Cardiff get there next? I have seen it quoted and heared people saying we a years and years away :o
Myself i don't think we are that far from the premier league i believe we will be back there within three seasons :ayatollah:
Any predictions? :thumbright:

Re: Cardiff in the top flight?

Sun May 22, 2016 8:51 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if we drop a division before we make our way back to the Premier League if I'm honest.

Sun May 22, 2016 9:30 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:When will Cardiff get there next? I have seen it quoted and heared people saying we a years and years away :o
Myself i don't think we are that far from the premier league i believe we will be back there within three seasons :ayatollah:

I love a good joke :laughing6:

Sun May 22, 2016 9:31 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if we drop a division before we make our way back to the Premier League if I'm honest.

Agree we're just an average championship club like Huddesfield or Preston so are just as likely to get relegated as promoted.

Sun May 22, 2016 9:49 pm

Just one season in the top flight since I started supporting them in the laste 60's. I doubt if it will happen again in my lifetime.

Sun May 22, 2016 9:58 pm

Cesca wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:When will Cardiff get there next? I have seen it quoted and heared people saying we a years and years away :o

Give a prediction instead of trying to be a smart arse :roll:

Sun May 22, 2016 10:04 pm

All depends on Tan...he might regain some interest and start to splash some cash if not we are nowhere near good enough

Sun May 22, 2016 10:59 pm

I'll make my prediction this year based on our transfer business this pre season however I still think we could be looking at another couple of seasons especially to build up the fan base again

Mon May 23, 2016 12:42 am

Jasonccfc wrote:
Cesca wrote:

Give a prediction instead of trying to be a smart arse :roll:

A quick check of his (somewhat limited) 96 posts in 5 years of membership will show he has little to say other than a bit of bandwagon jumping regarding the red walkout (which he says including him) and a fair bit of negativity towards those who try to be positive ;)

To answer the OP, I believe the club wi return to the Premier League sooner than people think. It's in Tan's interests to get the club there and I think this season will see us there or thereabouts for the play-offs at least :ayatollah:

Mon May 23, 2016 12:44 pm

I don't expect to see us there ever again,well not in my lifetime anyway,would love to say the next few yrs but while tan is in charge we have no chance,we can't attract ppl to our club,whether that's coaches managers or players,while tans in charge anyone worth wanting won't come here

Mon May 23, 2016 12:51 pm

Maybe a couple years but think we will start to properly challenge once club is sorted out fully. :thumbup:

Mon May 23, 2016 3:31 pm

I have checked my tea leafs and we will be promoted back to the Premier League via the Championship play-offs and will pass the Jacks going the other way as they implode under their new money grabbing American owners.

Problem is I don't know the year :lol: but I'm going to take a punt on 2016/17 :bluescarf:

Mon May 23, 2016 11:49 pm

We'll be up next season,I have blind faith, I always believe that you should never start something aiming to be second best,aim high and thrive!

Tue May 24, 2016 10:21 pm

:banghead: So sven just because I have only posted 96 times I have no opinion is that it. Grow up :wave:

Wed May 25, 2016 9:58 am

Cesca wrote::banghead: So sven just because I have only posted 96 times I have no opinion is that it. Grow up :wave:

97 posts now :thumbup:

Wed May 25, 2016 3:18 pm

Definitely not next season for a lot of reasons:

1) The teams coming down are miles ahead and all will challenge for automatic promotion and play-offs.

2) Brighton, Derby, Hull or Sheffield Wednesday are all far better.

3) We tend to lose and draw against teams below us.

4) Manager appointment - uninspiring. Trollope has no Championship managerial experience. We should be going for candidates such as Hughton, Pearson, Clement, Jokanović, etc.

5) Still under a period of stabilisation - More cost cutting and some key players are likely to leave. E.g. Bruno Ecuélé Manga.

6) Our fanbase doesn't deserve promotion. Over the years we've been known to have passionate fans. Where are they now?!

There has been minor progress, especially this season. A lot more progress is needed. :roll:

People forget it took us 11 years to get from the Championship to the Premier League. It wouldn't surprise me if it took us that long again. :shock:

Wed May 25, 2016 3:47 pm

Cesca wrote::banghead: So sven just because I have only posted 96 times I have no opinion is that it. Grow up :wave:

Nope! :laughing6:

It's simply because I read through your previous posts (many of which were encouraging genuine City fans to abandon their club) and they were in the main negative to the club. Your opening post in this thread (quote) "I love a good joke" is hardly mature when a better response would be to counter what Jason said with a reasoned argument ;)

Wed May 25, 2016 9:50 pm

Sven wrote:

It's simply because I read through your previous posts (many of which were encouraging genuine City fans to abandon their club) and they were in the main negative to the club. Your opening post in this thread (quote) "I love a good joke" is hardly mature when a better response would be to counter what Jason said with a reasoned argument ;)

So now you want to tell me how I should respond :notworthy: I have never said for fans to abandon their club just the red. So please do not impose your thoughts on to what I previously said :bluebird:

Wed May 25, 2016 10:33 pm

Cesca wrote:
Sven wrote:

So now you want to tell me how I should respond :notworthy: I have never said for fans to abandon their club just the red. So please do not impose your thoughts on to what I previously said :bluebird:

Again, nope! ;)

You got it wrong again, fella. You claim to have been a supporter for 45 years (which I don't doubt :ayatollah: ) and obviously read the Forum a fair bit, yet you choose only to rspond when either ridiculing (as in this thread) or goading people into abandoning their club

Not telling you what to say at all; but you must (as we all do) accept that others will criticise when they don't agree and your initial response to Jason was very poor (more so given that you had no real response to counter his positivity

Enough said now or we'll just go round in circles :thumbup:

Fri May 27, 2016 10:31 pm

Sven wrote:
Cesca wrote:
Sven wrote:

Again, nope! ;)

You got it wrong again, fella. You claim to have been a supporter for 45 years (which I don't doubt :ayatollah: ) and obviously read the Forum a fair bit, yet you choose only to rspond when either ridiculing (as in this thread) or goading people into abandoning their club

Not telling you what to say at all; but you must (as we all do) accept that others will criticise when they don't agree and your initial response to Jason was very poor (more so given that you had no real response to counter his positivity

Enough said now or we'll just go round in circles :thumbup:

One more thing I'm not a bloody fella. :walk:

Fri May 27, 2016 10:43 pm

It's quite obvious how to get promoted from this league now, we have been here for long enough. Tan spent about 10 million last time and we win the league. A good proper manager like warnock could do it cheaper but might pay more in wages. When your there it all goes to the players anyway so it's a false economy. An idiot could get a club up these days....whether it means any of the megalamaniac's could actually see it thru remains to be seen. Burnely just did what west brom always do, boro have had it coming.