Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wales football shirts?

Sun May 22, 2016 6:04 pm

I don't really want to spend £55 on one. Any decent alternatives around? Either the current one or good quality retro, like the 80's Adidas ones.

Re: Wales football shirts?

Sun May 22, 2016 6:36 pm

Plenty on ebay :thumbup:

Sun May 22, 2016 7:11 pm

Plenty on there but plenty of them are crap quality too. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any luck with some decent ones.

Sun May 22, 2016 7:15 pm

harold pinta wrote:Plenty on there but plenty of them are crap quality too. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any luck with some decent ones.

don't worry about quality mun. :D its probably going to be covered in beer and whatever after a couple of days out there if you're like me. :lol: :thumbup:

Sun May 22, 2016 7:25 pm

Bought a "replica" away one on aliexpress and the quality of it is amazing, compared it to a genuine one from jd and it is a perfect copy . Paid £11 for it and it was delivered within 9 days . I've washed it and it's still as new .

Sun May 22, 2016 7:28 pm

norms75 wrote:Bought a "replica" away one on aliexpress and the quality of it is amazing, compared it to a genuine one from jd and it is a perfect copy . Paid £11 for it and it was delivered within 9 days . I've washed it and it's still as new .

Yeah I was looking at those ones, they don't show the Adidas badge on the website. Presumably they do come with the badge?

Sun May 22, 2016 7:33 pm

harold pinta wrote:
norms75 wrote:Bought a "replica" away one on aliexpress and the quality of it is amazing, compared it to a genuine one from jd and it is a perfect copy . Paid £11 for it and it was delivered within 9 days . I've washed it and it's still as new .

Yeah I was looking at those ones, they don't show the Adidas badge on the website. Presumably they do come with the badge?

It's all there , 3 stripes on the arm and the emblem on the chest . They advertise them as Thai quality , so they must be good :lol:

Mon May 23, 2016 12:01 pm

Got one on ebay for £22 and there were plenty on sale. Quality seems fine but as someone said it will only get covered in Beer!
Also these shirts from Sports Direct are an option as a souvenir

http://www.sportsdirect.com/SearchResul ... es%20euros

Mon May 23, 2016 1:47 pm

I've been looking for some 80's adidas ones oe early 90's umbro ones. Has anyone done any re-issues?

I saw an Umbro one from about 1991 when we played Germany at the arms park and it looked brand new!

Mon May 23, 2016 7:15 pm

Looking at the ones on aliexpress there is one for $15.99 delivered from London! Reviews look OK as well, worth a punt?!?

Mon May 23, 2016 7:43 pm

Ali express is hit and miss some things in there are very good quality

Mon May 23, 2016 8:19 pm

I want the adidas 83 one bad but im not paying the 70 quid it is on ebay

Mon May 23, 2016 9:07 pm

Sports direct have a good top with new badge for £18 looked at it yesterday when I was having a look around in the Cwmbran store

Mon May 23, 2016 9:34 pm

Anyone know for any flags on sale anywhere just nice basic ones but with the welsh football logo ?
Anything like this which can be received within 2 weeks ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 23, 2016 10:19 pm

Went to Primark in the city centre the other day and they have a Welsh section, saw a shirt in their that me and my brother felt could pass as a good cheap alternative! All have the official sticker with it too!

Quite a few shops there have added official Welsh euro gear, like Sports Direct

Mon May 23, 2016 10:29 pm

Obviously not as good as the main kit, but definitely worth considering in my opinion, especially for as low as £10!

http://www.sportsdirect.com/euro-2016/wales

Tue May 24, 2016 5:49 pm

CardiffCityBlue wrote:Anyone know for any flags on sale anywhere just nice basic ones but with the welsh football logo ?

I bought this exact flag on aliexpress for about £6 . Took about 3 weeks to come tho . It will be proudly hanging off our chalet in Bordeaux :thumbright:

Tue May 24, 2016 6:41 pm

norms75 wrote:
CardiffCityBlue wrote:Anyone know for any flags on sale anywhere just nice basic ones but with the welsh football logo ?

I bought this exact flag on aliexpress for about £6 . Took about 3 weeks to come tho . It will be proudly hanging off our chalet in Bordeaux :thumbright:

What's the quality like ? I ordered yesterday but unfortunately it won't come in time

Tue May 24, 2016 7:21 pm

Does anyone know where I can get the euro badges for the shirt put on

Wed May 25, 2016 4:36 pm

Some decent retro shirts at JD Sports in Merthyr. I paid £25 for a 90's replica. Only downside is, it has a number 9 on the back!

Wed May 25, 2016 9:01 pm

CardiffCityBlue wrote:
norms75 wrote:

What's the quality like ? I ordered yesterday but unfortunately it won't come in time

Alright for a flag . Not too thin and is exactly the same as the picture . Well happy for the price I paid . Hopefully yours comes in time for your trip :thumbright:

Wed May 25, 2016 9:17 pm

CitySteve wrote:Some decent retro shirts at JD Sports in Merthyr. I paid £25 for a 90's replica. Only downside is, it has a number 9 on the back!

I got the 70s one with the number ten on it :thumbup: