Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED BREAKING NEWS " JOSE MOURINHO "

Sat May 21, 2016 8:03 pm

Jose Mourinho will be confirmed as Manchester United manager tomorrow, and is on his way to Old Trafford.

UPDATED

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewt ... 2&t=173195 :ayatollah:

(NYSE: MANU) Louis van Gaal is to leave Manchester United, with immediate effect.

Executive vice chairman Ed Woodward said: "I would like to thank Louis and his staff for their excellent work in the past two years culminating in winning a record-equalling 12th FA Cup for the club (and securing him a title in four different countries). He has behaved with great professionalism and dignity throughout his time here. He leaves us with a legacy of having given several young players the confidence to show their ability on the highest stage. Everyone at the club wishes him all the best in the future."

A decision on a successor as manager will be announced soon.

UPDATED

Manchester United will appoint Jose Mourinho as their new manager, BBC Sport understands.

Mourinho has been out of work since he was sacked by Chelsea in December.

With United failing to qualify for the Champions League under Louis van Gaal, the Old Trafford hierarchy are thought to have decided a change is required.

It is understood a deal with Mourinho was agreed in principle before Saturday's FA Cup final victory against Crystal Palace.

The club plan to announce his arrival early next week after telling Van Gaal his reign has come to an end.

The Dutchman still has one season remaining on his three-year deal, but despite spending £250m on new players, his tenure has disappointed many fans, the club finishing fourth and then fifth in the Premier League.

Van Gaal's grip on his job has seemed increasingly fragile this season, with Mourinho known to covet the task of masterminding a revival at United three years after legendary former manager Sir Alex Ferguson stepped down.

Re: " NEW MANAGER SET TO BE APPOINTED AT MANCHESTER UNITED "

Sat May 21, 2016 10:03 pm

The best kept secret is finally out ;)

Sun May 22, 2016 1:59 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:The best kept secret is finally out ;)

I think Utd could learn lessons from Vincent Tan on keeping things in-house Tony! LOL :lol: :lol:

I'm no Man Utd fan but Mourinho would be a great choice IMHO and the entertainment of a city rivalry between him and Pep Guardiola should be fun!

Watched the boxing last night (David Haye) and Mourinho's body language was that of a cat who got the cream!

Talk Sport pundits believe the decision to replace LVG was taken a while ago and the FA Cup result (although very welcome) was never going to be a factor in their thinking

I only hope they sat down with LVG and talked it through and I honestly believe Jose would have wanted that, as he has been uncharacteristically quiet on the matter (he is a big friend and admirer of LVG)

If confirmed, some intersting times ahead in Manchester and in The Premier League :ayatollah:

Sun May 22, 2016 7:47 am

Used to like Jose. But he's just moaning prick these days, hell blame everyone from the ref to the kit man if his superstar team can't pull their fingers out and win a game.

Re: UPDATED " NEW MANAGER TO BE APPOINTED AT MANCHESTER UNIT

Mon May 23, 2016 7:33 pm

UPDATED - MANCHESTER UNITED STATEMENT

(NYSE: MANU) Louis van Gaal is to leave Manchester United, with immediate effect.

Executive vice chairman Ed Woodward said: "I would like to thank Louis and his staff for their excellent work in the past two years culminating in winning a record-equalling 12th FA Cup for the club (and securing him a title in four different countries). He has behaved with great professionalism and dignity throughout his time here. He leaves us with a legacy of having given several young players the confidence to show their ability on the highest stage. Everyone at the club wishes him all the best in the future."

A decision on a successor as manager will be announced soon.

Mon May 23, 2016 10:04 pm

Giggs gone home to think about his role at the club tonight.

Tue May 24, 2016 6:38 am

Apparently Giggs has been told he's not wanted as assistant manager under Mouriniho.
Nows the time to leave and move on if he wants to be a manager in his own right I think.

Tue May 24, 2016 7:04 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Apparently Giggs has been told he's not wanted as assistant manager under Mouriniho.
Nows the time to leave and move on if he wants to be a manager in his own right I think.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=173195 :ayatollah:

Tue May 24, 2016 1:57 pm

Saw this on FB and had to chuckle; particularly the bit about Giggs! :laughing6: :laughing6:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed May 25, 2016 9:56 pm

Will all be done by this Friday - SSN ;)

Re: UPDATED BREAKING NEWS " JOSE MOURINHO "

Thu May 26, 2016 5:01 pm

BREAKING NEWS

Jose Mourinho will be confirmed as Manchester United manager tomorrow, and is on his way to Old Trafford.

Thu May 26, 2016 7:31 pm

About bloody time

Thu May 26, 2016 8:24 pm

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.