Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CARDIFF CITY TARGET THREE QUALITY NEW SIGNINGS '

Thu May 19, 2016 3:16 pm

' CARDIFF CITY TARGET THREE QUALITY NEW SIGNINGS '

Cardiff City target three quality new signings and get prepared to shed up to a dozen players this summer

Thursday 19th May 2016

BY PAUL ABBANDONATO

Trollope seeks striker, dominant midfield playmaker and pacy wide-man, but it could be the end for several unused Bluebirds currently on the books

Cardiff City boss Paul Trollope is ready to conduct a massive shake-up of the Bluebirds squad by shedding up to a dozen players and bringing in three quality newcomers for the 2016-17 campaign.

Trollope will have to work on names with the Bluebirds’ board before heading off in Wales Euro 2016 duty shortly, where he will be a key member of Chris Coleman’s backroom team in France.

Cardiff believe they already have in place the nucleus of a side who can challenge for promotion next season, but want three new kingpins to drive them over the line.

A goal-getting striker is clearly the key priority. However, we understand the Bluebirds are also targeting a ball-playing, dominant midfielder to partner youngster Joe Ralls in the centre, as well as a winger who can bring real zip and creativity to the front line.

Trollope believes Cardiff already possess one of the best defences in the division and in David Marshall the number one goalkeeper outside of the Premier League.

The idea moving forward is to focus upon quality over quantity to supplement the main players already in the team, with Trollope accepting the squad he has taken charge of is far too top-heavy with numbers.

Cardiff owner Vincent Tan feels uncomfortable continuing to pay players who don’t get a look-in when it comes to significant first-team action and wants Trollope to sort out who goes, and who stays, ahead of the August Championship kick-off.

That is what chairman Mehmet Dalman meant when, upon announcing Trollope as manager, he also revealed further cutbacks would be necssary.

The Bluebirds believe it is even more important to trim numbers from the wage bill if they are to sign the trio of quality players Trollope needs to work with to turn Cardiff into a Championship force.

Trollope will be away with Wales from the start of June and his focus has to be on helping Gareth Bale and co make their mark in the Euro finals, when they tangle with England, Russia and Slovakia.

However, his advice and guidance on who to shed, and who the Bluebirds could target, will be taken before that.

Even though Trollope will be away in June, Cardiff have a transfer committee in place to decide upon and negotiate deals.

There are a plethora of players whose Bluebirds futures will come under scrutiny, including a number who have been out on loan this season.

They include outcast strikers Adam Le Fondre, Federico Macheda and Eoin Doyle, plus midfielder Tom Adeyemi and goalkeeper Joe Lewis.

Kenwyne Jones is also techncially still a Bluebird, but his contract runs out this summer and he is unlikely to be retained on his bumper wages.

Trollope may wish to keep one of Cardiff’s own loan signings, Wales youngster Tom Lawrence, but shed the other, Newcastle’s Sammy Ameobi. He has been a disappointing flop with the Bluebirds and is unlikely to be asked to return.

Others whose names who may come up for discussion include defenders Ben Turner and Scott Malone, midfielder Kagisho Dikgacoi, plus rookies Matt Kennedy, Kadeem Harris, Kenneth Zohore and Idriss Saadi.

Trollope already has Bruno Manga, Matt Connolly and Sean Morrison to perm from as his two centre-backs. If Manga stays, Turner may be handed the opportunity to get regular football elsewhere. If Manga is sold, with French clubs keen on signing him, Turner may be retained to do battle with Connolly and Morrison.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY TARGET THREE QUALITY NEW SIGNINGS '

Thu May 19, 2016 3:37 pm

Glenn Murray
Joey Barton
Struggling for a quick winger :lol:

Thu May 19, 2016 3:45 pm

Lookman from charlton

Thu May 19, 2016 3:57 pm

I said in an earlier post, that any player out of contract this Summer will be gone (not surprisingly). Also, most of the remnants of OGS signings will be gone also, including, imo, ALF, who simply doesn't want to be here, Macheda, who Forest fans claimed was the worst loan signed player they have ever seen, & Dikgacoi, who, as far as I'm concerned, is at our club for no apparent reason other than to pick up a Big FAT pay check at the end of the month! :angry4:

Thu May 19, 2016 4:08 pm

Frazier Campbell, Jordan Mutch, Demarai gray on loan

Thu May 19, 2016 4:23 pm

With Trollope already know the team he will strengthen in the right areas. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2016 4:25 pm

Frazier Campbell, Jordan Mutch & Hal Robson Kanu.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu May 19, 2016 4:28 pm

Firstly I thought Turners fate here had been practically sealed?

Also, the only thing that might keep Manga here is if we don't take any less than we bought him for. If he does go however well be desperate for a center back to replace him.

Thu May 19, 2016 4:33 pm

Rickie Lambert...!

Thu May 19, 2016 4:34 pm

castleblue wrote:Frazier Campbell, Jordan Mutch & Hal Robson Kanu.

:thumbup: I would take that

Thu May 19, 2016 4:59 pm

Whose the fast fella for bristol city?

Thu May 19, 2016 5:24 pm

Trollope out!!

Thu May 19, 2016 5:25 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:Trollope out!!

Saddles. :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Thu May 19, 2016 5:35 pm

castleblue wrote:Frazier Campbell, Jordan Mutch & Hal Robson Kanu.

Gary, I would be very happy with them :ayatollah:

Thu May 19, 2016 5:56 pm

Hal Robson-Kanu, Johnny williams, Emyr Huws and that lad Bradshaw

Thu May 19, 2016 6:12 pm

Anichebe I think could be that guy for goals , still relatively young and with a point to prove after being given very little game time recently.
Always looked a handful at Everton & a goal threat, surely he wants to play regularly, make him the main man and I reckon he could do the job?

Thu May 19, 2016 6:16 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:Hal Robson-Kanu, Johnny williams, Emyr Huws and that lad Bradshaw

Desperate for a goalscorer so we should sign kanu!! Genius...

Thu May 19, 2016 6:18 pm

Hal Robson Kanu not good enough for Reading

Thu May 19, 2016 6:21 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:Whose the fast fella for bristol city?

Choice of any of their fans on sloper Road, fella! ;) :laughing6: :laughing6:

(Couldn't resist! LOL :lol: )

Thu May 19, 2016 6:48 pm

Henri lansbury
Johnny Russel
Matty Taylor

Thu May 19, 2016 7:55 pm

BlueMagic wrote:Henri lansbury
Johnny Russel
Matty Taylor

Three very good shouts

Thu May 19, 2016 9:44 pm

Frazier Campbell/Ross McCormack/David Nugent.

Expect high wages but if we offload the already unneeded strikers and the club is to show serious intention of promotion then we must be looking to bring in players like these! :thumbright:

Thu May 19, 2016 9:50 pm

my quality players are different to the clubs, we are like a lidles of the championship, cheap and cheer full, cheep manager_ equals cheep players,thank f**k i never bought a season ticket :(

Thu May 19, 2016 9:51 pm

ninianblue wrote:my quality players are different to the clubs, we are like a lidles of the championship, cheap and cheer full, cheep manager_ equals cheep players,thank f**k i never bought a season ticket :(

There's nothing wrong with Lidles they have quality stuff in there.

Thu May 19, 2016 10:10 pm

I'm getting a bit of deja vu here!

Last summer we were being told exactly the same thing - that money would be available to Slade and he would be backed by the club in trying to get new players. All we ended up with was Sammy Bloody Ameobi!

I would not be surprised if the only money available to Trollope is money raised by the sale of players, with players needing to leave before new players arrive. Now financially I understand the logic of this but it means we may miss out on potential targets if we can't shift enough players in time to raise the money needed.

Just hope that if the right players are identified they can be brought in quickly.

Thu May 19, 2016 10:14 pm

ninianblue wrote:my quality players are different to the clubs, we are like a lidles of the championship, cheap and cheer full, cheep manager_ equals cheep players,thank f**k i never bought a season ticket :(

So only buy season ticket if buy Messi or similar players? Great supporter then!! :o

Thu May 19, 2016 10:14 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:

There's nothing wrong with Lidles they have quality stuff in there.

agree, but not the quaity of waitrose, tesco finest ect, :lol:

Fri May 20, 2016 4:54 am

Tom Bradshaw up front would be my preferred option. Young, Welsh, very hungry, and scores goals for fun. :ayatollah:

Fri May 20, 2016 6:31 am

get the cash out for McCormack, we need a quality striker at this level and the time for messing about on cheap imports are over, might be able to raise enough with the sales

Fri May 20, 2016 6:56 am

Here we go - silly season (or pathetic season) for people on here to want every footballer around to come to Cardiff ffs.
Let's get McCormack, who's last transfer was 11million, for £750,000 and pay him 8 grand a week.