Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' BREAKING NEWS : VINCENT TAN '

Tue May 17, 2016 6:26 pm

' BREAKING NEWS : VINCENT TAN '

Four candidates have been interviewed for the position of Cardiff City manager.

All four have been told that Vincent Tan wants to see more youngsters brought through the system and given the opportunity in the first team.

Tan wants to see young talented players making the step up to the first team squad and wants players like Declan John and Tommy O'Sullivan given more chances at City.

The owner wants to see more emphasis on Welsh talent in the City line up.

Some may consider this as cost cutting but I personally see this as a good thing going forward and would love to see our youngsters given more opportunities to play at this level.

image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BREAKING NEWS : VINCENT TAN

Tue May 17, 2016 6:28 pm

carlccfc wrote:Four candidates have been interviewed for the position of Cardiff City manager.

All four have been told that Vincent Tan wants to see more youngsters brought through the system and given the opportunity in the first team.

Tan wants to see young talented players making the step up to the first team squad and wants players like Declan John and Tommy O'Sullivan given more chances at City.

Some may consider this as cost cutting but I personally see this as a good thing going forward and would love to see our youngsters given more opportunities to play at this level.

image.jpeg

Thats what we all want

Tue May 17, 2016 6:28 pm

carlccfc wrote:Four candidates have been interviewed for the position of Cardiff City manager.

He wants to see more emphasis on Welsh talent in the City line up.

image.jpeg

In my opinion this is long overdue,and needs to be put on the urgent list straight away

Tue May 17, 2016 6:29 pm

cost cutting or not, it's a great plan.

the last time we had no money and played our youth, Ledley, Ramsey, Gunter and Mathews came through.

Well excited for next season already.

Tue May 17, 2016 6:31 pm

Not often I agree with Tan, but I will here.

Tue May 17, 2016 6:31 pm

Any idea on the three (excluding Trollope as hes certainly one) and more importantly is there signs of ambition from Tan?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue May 17, 2016 6:33 pm

image.jpeg
who is the 4

Tue May 17, 2016 6:34 pm

Fantastic if it occurs and hats off to Vincent Tan, if he (and the new Coach) can make a success of it :bluescarf:

Simply has to work though and that will be the yardstick used by a lot of already frustrated City supporters, which is why I'd like to see a fresh face come in :ayatollah:

Tue May 17, 2016 6:37 pm

Patience will be more of a virtue if we are to play more youngsters but it is welcomed news . :thumbup:

Tue May 17, 2016 6:38 pm

Agree this is very good news but it is not something that will delivery quick results. I just hope the board and the fans have the patience to see it through

Tue May 17, 2016 6:39 pm

Declan john isnt up to the level required

Tue May 17, 2016 6:43 pm

DEANO wrote:Declan john isnt up to the level required

A debate in itself (I think he's okay at Championship level) but there are several others in there who deserve a chance at least now and then :thumbup:

One of Slade's biggest failings was his inability to give youth a chance :(

Tue May 17, 2016 6:44 pm

DEANO wrote:Declan john isnt up to the level required

I agree if he is used as a traditional flat back four full back. But, if we play with a genuine DM and we play "wing backs" then i believe he is.

Tue May 17, 2016 6:45 pm

wheres the breaking news ????
thought u has heard who the 4 are then

Tue May 17, 2016 6:45 pm

Needs to sort the academy out then. It's going backwards at a rate of knots. The mcarthy father and son need to go!

Tue May 17, 2016 6:48 pm

Welsh youngsters ?! Provided they're quality- for once Tan , I agree with you !#spew

Tue May 17, 2016 6:53 pm

For this reason I can't understand why Bellamy (according to carl)isn't in the running or even been interviewed. ..wasn't he working with our u18s.... ?

Tue May 17, 2016 6:54 pm

Look every owner of every club would like to bring on players from their own academy,it would save them millions.the stumbling block is if they are not good enough performances and results will soon dictate and our crowd are a little impatient to say the least!
Right idea tho.

Re: ' BREAKING NEWS : VINCENT TAN '

Tue May 17, 2016 7:07 pm

Oshilaji is def ready to step up! He's been outstanding at each club he's gone on loan too! Would be nice to see him develop with Bruno, but it does look like Bruno will be leaving! Dec John is by far better than Malone! Then again my nan is also better than Malone and she died in the 90's!

Tue May 17, 2016 7:09 pm

We kind of knew more cost cutting would happen really if it gets tan gone sooner rather than later then so be it imo but we have been calling out for this for a few seasons, if we cost cutting do it not some half hearted signing players one minute trick then sticking youngsters in the stands as I don't see any point in that as it costs more money :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue May 17, 2016 7:13 pm

We need better youngsters then.

Tue May 17, 2016 7:14 pm

Thats what we like to see Tan f*cking brill :ayatollah:

Tue May 17, 2016 7:16 pm

Let's be honest here ... if the target for next season is a top 6 finish then u won't achieve that by putting academy or u21 boys in the first team .. I think there maybe more opportunities for the youngsters but that maybe the extent of it not whole sale changes .

Tue May 17, 2016 7:20 pm

oxfordblue wrote:

image.jpeg

Thats what we all want

Until we are in a relegation battle

Tue May 17, 2016 7:21 pm

Tim Sherwood could well fit the bill here

Here's to hoping lol

Tue May 17, 2016 7:22 pm

Well, Tan appointed Slade and got it wrong, so I'm not optimistic. If he knew something about football it might help.

Tue May 17, 2016 7:30 pm

bluemun wrote:Well, Tan appointed Slade and got it wrong, so I'm not optimistic. If he knew something about football it might help.

Did Tan get that appointment (quote) "wrong"?? :?

I think most are now in agreement that Slade did a decent job in difficult circumstances, had Tan to contend with, oversaw a culling of the high earners in the squad and narrowly failed to get us to the play-offs

Hardly a failure; turned out to be a steady hand but just not the man to take us forward further ;)

Tue May 17, 2016 7:31 pm

Brilliant as long as we can stay in the English pyramid we may have enough come through to get us back up the 1st division by 2040 !!!!

Dead easy this football lark, don't pay to sign players just use our own local talent, I wonder why all of our other managers have played out youngsters ??? :roll: maybe because most have struggled on loan at lower levels ???

If we were planning for ten years ahead, I could see some sense in it !!!

Tue May 17, 2016 7:38 pm

Heard on the grapevine in jacksville that Bristol city sniffing around Lloyd humphries. If this is true we need to stamp this out as he is definately one for the future.

Tue May 17, 2016 7:42 pm

Probably wouldn't tag city players in messages like this Annis only because some people don't rate John and could slate him etc not nice to read