Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Latest News on " Paul Trollope "

Tue May 10, 2016 4:37 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:I think if we have any designs on premiership football we need to commit to a £10m budget and a decent manager. Nowadays it is damn near impossible to get promoted otherwise.

If we are happy to stay mid Championship then I guess £1m and Trollope is the answer.

All I would ask is that the club do not raise fans hopes. Be honest and say we are not going for promotion - because some fans invest their money hoping or expecting it to happen

Where do we get 10m from tabs already showed he wants us to break even every year to help him reduce the debt to zero he won't be spending money we aren't earning ever again so it's the cheap route to premier league or nothing there'll be no more gambling from mr tan

Tue May 10, 2016 5:07 pm

Load of bollocks

Tue May 10, 2016 5:16 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I'm undecided on this one, I have said previously I would have welcomed him but for me the time was December last season when Slade showed he wasn't up to the job, should have given him half a season to let him show his qualities.

I think now so many options are available we should be looking at someone better. If he gets the job though I shall support him while he shows what he is about like every manager :ayatollah:

agree with this , we got a good opportunity now to get a decnt manager and not gamble on another Slade, I think the club need to get the appointment right so that everyone can get behind the new manager. Personally I would like to see Warnock or Clement with Bellamy as the assistant(think he needs to learn his trade before becoming 1st team manager) but can't see it happening

Tue May 10, 2016 5:54 pm

A cliché but I thought you had to spend money to make money. If we spend very little on mediocre players and mangers surely we can only expect to make slow progress. There are exceptions to every rule ie Leicester City, but in general to get good quality people attracted to taking on the challenge they've got to be suitibly encouraged both financially and in terms of the club's vision and ambition. Just my opinion folks.

Wed May 11, 2016 2:07 pm

If he has been offered the job and is unsure, then we should move on. Its not like to has to ask around about the club and personalities I order to make up his mind. Surely we want someone who is eager and enthusiastic about managing Cardiff City

Wed May 11, 2016 2:12 pm

The people and sky generation want a big name.

Wed May 11, 2016 2:31 pm

"Smakerz" following your reply to my post above I think this is a decision for the club. However all I ask of our club is honesty.

There are too many clubs these days who try to sell season tickets, shirts etc etc on the promise of a promotion campaign. I'm lucky I have a camera. I get into games free but many don't have the luxury to buy season tickets or club shirts - so before people do spend their hard earned money I just think it's realistic to know whether we are going for top 2, top 6 or 10th

Being honest with your fan base goes a long way in my opinion and, if the club did choose to set a £10m budget, I am sure they would recoup that many times over through season ticket sales and a promotion itself

Wed May 11, 2016 3:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:if Trollope was appointed and slade still seeing over the scouting and transfer policy I fail to see where the change is?

I would be extremely disappointed if we didn't change the first team manager and coaching set up! There would really have been no need to move slade upstairs in this case!

Thats exactly what I said 3 days ago and I was shocked how many disagreed with me.

i agree this would be the worst appointment in my opinion id rather we went with the untested bellamy than go for trollope who has been part of this season and the shit that come with it