Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Latest News on " Paul Trollope "

Mon May 09, 2016 10:57 pm

Latest News on " Paul Trollope "

Been offered the job and a figure of 3-4 million will be given to him if he takes it to spend in the Summer but this figure will not come about to any other managers unless Bellamy taken over due to the trust Tan and the board have had in the past.

The ball is in his court but his position is under no threat with this club but the board have given a lot of support for him if he takes it up.

Trollope has asked for a small bit of time after meeting up with some of the Welsh staff today but the strong word is he doesn't like to be the main man (manager) and is still enjoying being a first team coach/coach so I think it is 51% chance he won't take it.

Re: Paul Trollope

Mon May 09, 2016 11:22 pm

I wouldn't be fussed if he did or didn't take it.

Mon May 09, 2016 11:30 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:I wouldn't be fussed if he did or didn't take it.

The last bit was public knowledge that he is quite open with speaking about the possibility of being a manager and apparently Coleman wanted the coaches for Wales to get contact from clubs on injuries so they could go and name the squad or change anything if someone was to come in.

Depending on Tan and the trust with whoever takes over it is good to hear transfer figures of that sort after the cost cutting and the shirt sales.

Tan and the board have a strong relationship with Slade and co and were very pleased with the influence Trollope has on the training field and match preparations. :ayatollah:

Re: " Paul Trollope "

Mon May 09, 2016 11:30 pm

Hmm, very interesting.

Thanks for the info, if true. This is very believable I think, but Trollope may not be the name a lot of our fans wanted.

All I will say for him is he's done a very good job since he came in as a coach and, like you say, he may be happy to stay in that position without all the hassle of being Manager/Head Coach.

Only had one managerial position, at Bristol Rovers and did a decent job there. But many would see this as a sideways step and will ask the question whether it's any different to when Slade was manager.

Encouraging also if the club would be willing to give that amount to him.

But time will tell :ayatollah:

Mon May 09, 2016 11:32 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:I wouldn't be fussed if he did or didn't take it.

The last bit was public knowledge that he is quite open with speaking about the possibility of being a manager and apparently Coleman wanted the coaches for Wales to get contact from clubs on injuries so they could go and name the squad or change anything if someone was to come in.

Depending on Tan and the trust with whoever takes over it is good to hear transfer figures of that sort after the cost cutting and the shirt sales.

Tan and the board have a strong relationship with Slade and co and were very pleased with the influence Trollope has on the training field and match preparations. :ayatollah:

Very intersesting do you know anyone else the club are targeting? :ayatollah:

Tue May 10, 2016 12:00 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Hmm, very interesting.

Thanks for the info, if true. This is very believable I think, but Trollope may not be the name a lot of our fans wanted.

All I will say for him is he's done a very good job since he came in as a coach and, like you say, he may be happy to stay in that position without all the hassle of being Manager/Head Coach.

Only had one managerial position, at Bristol Rovers and did a decent job there. But many would see this as a sideways step and will ask the question whether it's any different to when Slade was manager.

I don't usually get information like this but was branded about this morning and I got a message from someone who I know who recently got a job in media who knows I support Cardiff and mentioned that someone has been already offered a job.

The board and Tan obviously have trust issues and Trollope would be the first to be offered the job as he already kind of has a understanding of the club and has worked with the players and has a good relationship with everyone involved.

A few figures will be released at the end of the month maybe June about shirt sales. That figure won't come to just anyone who takes over due to the trust of spending.

Rydogs honestly this all I know and potentially will with what is going on inside the club but one thing which is public knowledge is Ken Choo was pleased with the turn outs for the last few home games and was happy that the whole free 2 ticket things actually did take off. Choo said Saturday he is feeling very positive about next season with the season ticket sales and he said he hopes the shirts go off with a bang in sales again quoting that colours look more straight forward and give it more a traditional, I am pleased personally how Choo and the board are interacting more and getting involved. :ayatollah:

Tue May 10, 2016 12:04 am

DandoCCFC wrote:

I don't usually get information like this but was branded about this morning and I got a message from someone who I know who recently got a job in media who knows I support Cardiff and mentioned that someone has been already offered a job.

The board and Tan obviously have trust issues and Trollope would be the first to be offered the job as he already kind of has a understanding of the club and has worked with the players and has a good relationship with everyone involved.

A few figures will be released at the end of the month maybe June about shirt sales. That figure won't come to just anyone who takes over due to the trust of spending.

Rydogs honestly this all I know and potentially will with what is going on inside the club but one thing which is public knowledge is Ken Choo was pleased with the turn outs for the last few home games and was happy that the whole free 2 ticket things actually did take off. Choo said Saturday he is feeling very positive about next season with the season ticket sales and he said he hopes the shirts go off with a bang in sales again quoting that colours look more straight forward and give it more a traditional, I am pleased personally how Choo and the board are interacting more and getting involved. :ayatollah:

Same here. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Tue May 10, 2016 5:33 am

DandoCCFC wrote:

Not going to accuse you of lying as, to be fair, you've been posting on here a while and never posted any rubbish from what I can remember.

If true, it would be interesting to see how our fans react. It could be seen as a sideways move.

I posted the thread asking fans' opinions going by the betting market but even that doesn't really give us a clear sign, very the often the first favourite the bookies' install on manager betting doesn't get the job. Majority of the bookies have said they won't offer prices on this until the "market becomes clearer".

Re: Latest News on " Paul Trollope "

Tue May 10, 2016 10:03 am

Absolutely ludicrous, What would any manager think walking into the Cardiff boardroom to talk about future employment only to be told that if your not Trollope or Bellamy you won't get a penny to spend :lol:

Tue May 10, 2016 10:11 am

3-4 million is a joke these days.
they just havnt got a clue how to run a football club.
they need MAN who can wheel and deal.
1 million is gone already as we are probably committed to signing Zorro.

Tue May 10, 2016 10:11 am

DandoCCFC wrote:Latest News on " Paul Trollope "

Been offered the job and a figure of 3-4 million will be given to him if he takes it to spend in the Summer but this figure will not come about to any other managers unless Bellamy taken over due to the trust Tan and the board have had in the past.

The ball is in his court but his position is under no threat with this club but the board have given a lot of support for him if he takes it up.

Trollope has asked for a small bit of time after meeting up with some of the Welsh staff today but the strong word is he doesn't like to be the main man (manager) and is still enjoying being a first team coach/coach so I think it is 51% chance he won't take it.

How does Trollope fit the young hungry manager profile? if the board appoint Trollope it would prove that they have learnt absolutely nothing

Tue May 10, 2016 10:25 am

I think if we have any designs on premiership football we need to commit to a £10m budget and a decent manager. Nowadays it is damn near impossible to get promoted otherwise.

If we are happy to stay mid Championship then I guess £1m and Trollope is the answer.

All I would ask is that the club do not raise fans hopes. Be honest and say we are not going for promotion - because some fans invest their money hoping or expecting it to happen

Tue May 10, 2016 10:46 am

Trollope obviously enjoys doing his coaching role with Wales. Maybe being the assistant, suits him better.

Tue May 10, 2016 11:16 am

Vital appointment not only with regard to next year's campaign but also as an indicator as to whether Agent Tan & his mob have developed nous necessary for success @ this level !

If he/they think Trollope/Slade is gonna be more succesful than Slade/Trollope I fear the wounds he initially caused & partially healed might well reopen !

Tue May 10, 2016 11:16 am

looks a believable post :thumbright: he done well at Bristol so I'd give it a go if I was him he hasn't really got anything to lose as he's a proven coach.wouldnt mind seeing trolls take over the football improved drastically when he came in :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Tue May 10, 2016 12:00 pm

Dando,I totally believe you and its similar to what I was told.

Tue May 10, 2016 12:05 pm

tylorstown18891 wrote:

looks a believable post :thumbright: he done well at Bristol so I'd give it a go if I was him he hasn't really got anything to lose as he's a proven coach.wouldnt mind seeing trolls take over the football improved drastically when he came in :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Did it really improve drastically,I personally don't think it did in fact towards the end of the season it was as bad as it ever was,we need a complete cull of the present coaching staff and start afresh

Tue May 10, 2016 12:14 pm

If he's been offered the job it's defiantly worth a tenner at 6/1 :thumbup:

Tue May 10, 2016 12:21 pm

The club seem to be happy at championship level :bluebird:

Tue May 10, 2016 12:23 pm

I'm undecided on this one, I have said previously I would have welcomed him but for me the time was December last season when Slade showed he wasn't up to the job, should have given him half a season to let him show his qualities.

I think now so many options are available we should be looking at someone better. If he gets the job though I shall support him while he shows what he is about like every manager :ayatollah:

Tue May 10, 2016 12:24 pm

stickywicket wrote:3-4 million is a joke these days.

Yeah let's spend 10 mill we haven't got and expect tan to shovel it in after writting off 180m of debt.

Tue May 10, 2016 12:25 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:I think if we have any designs on premiership football we need to commit to a £10m budget and a decent manager. Nowadays it is damn near impossible to get promoted otherwise.

If we are happy to stay mid Championship then I guess £1m and Trollope is the answer.

All I would ask is that the club do not raise fans hopes. Be honest and say we are not going for promotion - because some fans invest their money hoping or expecting it to happen

Good post

Tue May 10, 2016 12:26 pm

nubbsy wrote:

Yeah let's spend 10 mill we haven't got and expect tan to shovel it in after writting off 180m of debt.

3-4m may not seem a lot but it can bring in a couple of decent players if spent well.
Assuming he can also sell players and use some of that funds I think its a fair amount to add to the squad.

Tue May 10, 2016 12:56 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

3-4m may not seem a lot but it can bring in a couple of decent players if spent well.
Assuming he can also sell players and use some of that funds I think its a fair amount to add to the squad.

personally id sell manga and make that budget 8-9m which i think would be more than enough to get the players we require for a top two finish

Tue May 10, 2016 1:48 pm

Looks like another season of uncertainty, Free Tickets !!! & over paid people including Stewards

Tue May 10, 2016 3:01 pm

if Trollope was appointed and slade still seeing over the scouting and transfer policy I fail to see where the change is?

I would be extremely disappointed if we didn't change the first team manager and coaching set up! There would really have been no need to move slade upstairs in this case!

Tue May 10, 2016 3:06 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:if Trollope was appointed and slade still seeing over the scouting and transfer policy I fail to see where the change is?

I would be extremely disappointed if we didn't change the first team manager and coaching set up! There would really have been no need to move slade upstairs in this case!

Thats exactly what I said 3 days ago and I was shocked how many disagreed with me.

Tue May 10, 2016 3:16 pm

We need a new coach in my view this is a backward step and 4 million may get 1 decent championship striker so not great news if this is true .

Tue May 10, 2016 3:20 pm

angelis1949 wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:

Did it really improve drastically,I personally don't think it did in fact towards the end of the season it was as bad as it ever was,we need a complete cull of the present coaching staff and start afresh

I completely agree. The football did improve this season and on the whole it was much better than 2014/15. There was at least an attempt to play some football. There were a couple of decent results that got everybody excited but at the end of the day it just reverted back to mediocrity. If Trollope wasn’t influencing tactics and the style of play then what on earth was he doing?

In my view we need a complete clean sweep amongst the backroom staff. We need a fresh approach from the dug-out and a new mentality amongst the fans, otherwise we might as well have kept Slade, who was safe if nothing else.

Tue May 10, 2016 4:36 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:I think if we have any designs on premiership football we need to commit to a £10m budget and a decent manager. Nowadays it is damn near impossible to get promoted otherwise.

Where do we get 10m from tabs already showed he wants us to break even every year to help him reduce the debt to zero he won't be spending money we aren't earning ever again so it's the cheap route to premier league or nothing there'll be no more gambling from mr tan