Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " NEIL WARNOCK / CARDIFF CITY? "

Wed May 04, 2016 7:32 pm

Absolutely not. He may be good at saving teams from relegation, but until we get into that position I'd rather manage without.

Russell Saide has continued to improve the team in a steady manner and deserves the chance to continue that job :sladein:

Wed May 04, 2016 7:33 pm

Wow
Is this not the same as last year when everyone wanted Pulis, at the time available and a soft spot for the club, also with a great reputation.

I would take either of Pulis or Warnock but can't see it happening myself, I think Tan will offer him (Slade) another contract.

Hope I'm wrong, but that's the way I see it.

I'm not usually a pessemist, usually an optimist and if I put that head on then hopefully a deal has been done that sees Warnock and Slade swap roles - stranger things have happened !

Wed May 04, 2016 7:42 pm

Think the majority agree on this, not rule it out is a blatant course I would. I have heard him on talk sport in the past day how bonkers Tan is but times change, and am sure Vincent doesn't tune in. Go and get him VT :thumbup: would ignite passion and belief.

Wed May 04, 2016 8:26 pm

Warnock would want to splash the cash. Cash that's just not available. Would you want Cardiff City to turn into a joke of a club like QPR still are to this day ?

Wed May 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Warnock or Pullis for me, no inexperienced chancers, we need an organised experienced Manager....

Wed May 04, 2016 9:25 pm

bluebird58 wrote:Absolutely not. He may be good at saving teams from relegation, but until we get into that position I'd rather manage without.

Russell Saide has continued to improve the team in a steady manner and deserves the chance to continue that job :sladein:

:thumbright: :ayatollah:

Wed May 04, 2016 9:45 pm

bluebird58 wrote:Absolutely not. He may be good at saving teams from relegation, but until we get into that position I'd rather manage without.

"Good at saving teams from relegation" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How many times have teams managed by Neil Warnock won promotion, including from the Championship to the Premier League?

How many teams managed by Russell Slade have won promotion from ANY division?

And so far we have a whole FIVE points more than we did last season - hardly great progress by Slade is it?

:sladeout: :sladeout:

Thu May 05, 2016 9:54 am

Penyfai Blue wrote:Hmmmm, not sure if Warnock and Tan can work together but I'd love to see him at City.

Also love to see Bellamy as his assistant to eventually take over.

As much as I think Slade has done enough to be rewarded with an extended contract (even given the Wed game) I have to admit Warnock with Bellers as assistant would really excite me.

Thu May 05, 2016 10:40 am

Penyfai Blue wrote:Hmmmm, not sure if Warnock and Tan can work together but I'd love to see him at City.

Also love to see Bellamy as his assistant to eventually take over.

Me too.

Thu May 05, 2016 11:23 am

If you wanted to keep Slade, I think it's showing that finishing outside the play offs is all your ambition is. Can you honestly say with our style that we could ever compete for top 6? ... And would you even trust him to spend the money if he had it.

I personally think if we keep him it'll be Dave Jones all over again. We'll just sack Slade in 5 years and use the excuse "He took us as far as he could"

:sladeout:

Thu May 05, 2016 12:55 pm

BlueDredd wrote:

If you wanted to keep Slade, I think it's showing that finishing outside the play offs is all your ambition is. Can you honestly say with our style that we could ever compete for top 6? ... And would you even trust him to spend the money if he had it.

I personally think if we keep him it'll be Dave Jones all over again. We'll just sack Slade in 5 years and use the excuse "He took us as far as he could"

Sadly, despite an upturn in results after the infamous "Slade Rant" the final run-in (when we had a great chance to cement a top 6 spot) turned into a damp squib with City unable to beat/outthink some pretty average and largely underperforming teams and their respective managers

It is this (the run-in) that Mr Tan and his team should be looking at and (done properly) they should conclude that this is probably as good as it will get under the current manager

I don't think (after all the events he has had to put up with off the field) that Russell Slade can ever be seen as a failure, but what happens next will be a massive clue to where the club REALLY want to go next ;)

Thu May 05, 2016 2:18 pm

He's also good at getting teams to play football with a bit of fight in them oh and he's managed to get teams promoted something slade has never managed to do :sladeout:

Thu May 05, 2016 2:53 pm

BigPhilG wrote:Warnock would want to splash the cash. Cash that's just not available. Would you want Cardiff City to turn into a joke of a club like QPR still are to this day ?

What do you mean turn into? Have you seen the amount of players come in and out our doors over the last 2/3 years! And did you watch almost our entire fan base roll over to a rebrand?

Thu May 05, 2016 3:55 pm

Sven wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:

Sadly, despite an upturn in results after the infamous "Slade Rant" the final run-in (when we had a great chance to cement a top 6 spot) turned into a damp squib with City unable to beat/outthink some pretty average and largely underperforming teams and their respective managers

It is this (the run-in) that Mr Tan and his team should be looking at and (done properly) they should conclude that this is probably as good as it will get under the current manager

I don't think (after all the events he has had to put up with off the field) that Russell Slade can ever be seen as a failure, but what happens next will be a massive clue to where the club REALLY want to go next ;)

If next season is just about financial stability and consolidation (maybe without progress), Slade's your man, but seriously, he isn't the one to take the team to the top level, much as I like the guy.

I agree 100% Sven that if or when the next manager is appointed, we will know what the intent is. :thumbup:

Thu May 05, 2016 4:09 pm

so Warnock has a soft spot for us, well so has pulis but we never went for him :roll: