Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" BRILLIANT SUPPORT COMING TO CARDIFF CITY "

Mon May 02, 2016 6:05 pm

" BRILLIANT SUPPORT COMING TO CARDIFF CITY "

Cardiff City v Birmingham City Championship game this Saturday 12.30pm at the Cardiff City Stadium.

With nothing to play for and a home average crowd of approx 16,000,plus after only having a mediocre season in the Championship, Birmingham City have sold their full allocation that Cardiff City gave them, 2,100 tickets.

Birmingham City would like to thank their supporters for supporting them all season and turning up in big numbers and to take 2,100 on our final away game is fantastic away support.

We sold our allocation two weeks before the match.

Brilliant support in my eyes,fair play to Brum.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " BRILLIANT SUPPORT COMING TO CARDIFF CITY "

Mon May 02, 2016 6:13 pm

That's excellent support in fairness.

As you say Annis it is a nothing game and they have sold their allocation.

Mon May 02, 2016 6:14 pm

carlccfc wrote:That's excellent support in fairness.

As you say Annis it is a nothing game and they have sold their allocation.

Carl, a nothing game and they sold out, Fair play to them :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 02, 2016 6:27 pm

We took a similar amount to Forest for the last game last season ..

Mon May 02, 2016 6:29 pm

CHRIS PIKE wrote:We took a similar amount to Forest for the last game last season ..

Forest gave us 2,500 tickets, I went with my daughters and Carl and his daughter.

Nottingham Forest 1 Cardiff City 2 Crowd (21,988) Cardiff Away support (1,200)

Mon May 02, 2016 6:33 pm

I went too. I thought we took more than that. Mind you I was full of Stella .

Mon May 02, 2016 6:34 pm

CHRIS PIKE wrote:I went too. I thought we took more than that. Mind you I was full of Stella .

Stella is strong stuff :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon May 02, 2016 6:35 pm

It's a 12.30pm kick on Saturday not 3pm

Mon May 02, 2016 6:38 pm

mattc752 wrote:It's a 12.30pm kick on Saturday not 3pm

Even better support fair play :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 02, 2016 6:51 pm

Are the Club giving out free tickets again for this match ? :ayatollah:

Mon May 02, 2016 6:53 pm

bluespeers wrote:Are the Club giving out free tickets again for this match ? :ayatollah:

At the moment No, but some have gone direct to schools.

Mon May 02, 2016 8:03 pm

Prob sold out as they 2 weeks ago because tnry could of been still in with a chznce of play offs

Mon May 02, 2016 8:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
bluespeers wrote:Are the Club giving out free tickets again for this match ? :ayatollah:

Annis, are they freebies gone to some schools or discount vouchers?

Mon May 02, 2016 8:35 pm

Good support, they have had their issues but not have a manager and team they believe in. They looked good Friday night, hope we play our kids. :thumbup:

Tue May 03, 2016 5:30 am

bluestar wrote:Prob sold out as they 2 weeks ago because tnry could of been still in with a chznce of play offs

Well we f**k never at Wednesday

Tue May 03, 2016 5:32 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis, are they freebies gone to some schools or discount vouchers?

Going direct to some schools.

Tue May 03, 2016 5:33 am

Stringfellow wrote:Good support, they have had their issues but not have a manager and team they believe in. They looked good Friday night, hope we play our kids. :thumbup:

Well Said Gareth :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue May 03, 2016 5:37 am

bluestar wrote:Prob sold out as they 2 weeks ago because tnry could of been still in with a chznce of play offs

Cant some fans just acknowledge when a club is bringing great support for a nothing game,they were not really in it then either.

If the facts be known, I went away to Burnley to watch our final game of the season, to see us be crowned Champions for the first time in 51 years we were going to the top flight,under Malky Mackay, We only took 1,500, we were given over 2,500 tickets.

Lets face it in the last 4 years we've lost our once great away support and the club needs to realise this.

By the way,when Birmingham City sold their tickets out,they had NO chance of Promotion,never mind the play-offs.

Tue May 03, 2016 2:12 pm

I think that's tremendous support by Birmingham for a nothing game, fair play

Tue May 03, 2016 4:28 pm

Fair play to them, especialy given the early kick off

Tue May 03, 2016 4:34 pm

I travel to as many aways as I can based on my lads football commitments so usually about 10. Our away support is fantastic but has dropped off for sure and I would like to see the club look after our away fans as a thank you for brilliant support. Its long overdue and the drop needs to be addressed.

Tue May 03, 2016 4:38 pm

^^^

Agree mate and been saying the same for ages

Tue May 03, 2016 6:15 pm

RV Casual wrote:^^^

Agree mate and been saying the same for ages

I can't believe its gone on for so long mate. We've got a loyal (but small) hardcore away following that really deserve looking after and for every game they go to.

Tue May 03, 2016 6:57 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:I travel to as many aways as I can based on my lads football commitments so usually about 10. Our away support is fantastic but has dropped off for sure and I would like to see the club look after our away fans as a thank you for brilliant support. Its long overdue and the drop needs to be addressed.

Well Said :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue May 03, 2016 7:08 pm

Fair play to them. Like you say Annis, great following for a match between two teams with nothing to fight for.

Gutted to be missing this, last chance to go to a Cardiff City match before August but have to work.

Tue May 03, 2016 7:47 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Fair play to them. Like you say Annis, great following for a match between two teams with nothing to fight for.

Gutted to be missing this, last chance to go to a Cardiff City match before August but have to work.

Ned and the tickets were sold after they new they had Nothing to play for :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue May 03, 2016 8:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Fair play to them. Like you say Annis, great following for a match between two teams with nothing to fight for.

Ned and the tickets were sold after they new they had Nothing to play for :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Totally believe that, I know some of our fans can never praise another club's fans.