Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who is out of contract this summer

Sun May 01, 2016 2:13 pm

I know Turner and i think Fabio, who else ?

Whitts has another season, how long has Manga & ALF got ?

Re: Who is out of contract this summer

Sun May 01, 2016 2:17 pm

Not many senior players out of contract this summer.
Only Turner and Jones that I know of.

Think Alf and Fabio both still have another year.

Manga has at least 1 more year as well.

Big summer where decisions need to be made over a lot of the senior players before they run their contracts down.

Others will need to be shipped out to save in wages with the budget being cut again with the drop in parachute payments

Sun May 01, 2016 2:44 pm

Not sure of the accuracy of this, but it shows a lot of players out of contract next year.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... f-10511154

Kiss, Velikonja, Ameobi and Lawrence will be gone, but I can't see that being hugely significant

Others however are more of a concern.

Manga- he'll need to be sold this summer if we are to get anything for him as I can't see how we can afford a longer contract on the sort of money he's allegedly on.

Also the likes of Pilkington, Whittingham, Connolly, Moore, Fabio, Malone, Adeyemi, Dikgachoi,Ajeyi, Macheda, LeFondre, Harris all in their last year.

I can see the club trying to keep Pilkington , Connolly, Moore and probably Whittingham and Malone being given extensions, but to try to get rid of the others.

Lot of money involved there in wages.

Sun May 01, 2016 3:02 pm

Check out this site;

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kagisho- ... eler/63285

Just one example of one of our players.

I have looked up most of OGS's signings, & they all seem to run until the end of June, 2017.

Sun May 01, 2016 6:16 pm

Russell Slade is out of contract thank f**k.

Will be a big statement by the club if he gets a new contract.

That statement being "Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope that by some miracle, and against all previous evidence in a managerial career of over 750 games, Slade somehow manages to fluke his way to promotion"