Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Play the kids next week.

Sun May 01, 2016 1:46 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, I know it's a laughable suggestion but now that the season is over for both us and Birmingham then surely next week's game which has absolutley nothing riding on it would provide an ideal opportunity for our manager to have a look at some of our younger fringe players, especially if he intends giving them a chance next season.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, ok, I know I should stop talking bollocks - it's never going to happen.

I fully expect the team next week to be exactly the same as failed miserably yesterday, save for any replacements required because of injuries.

Let's see exactly how Slade intends planning for next season with his team selection for the last game of this.

Re: Play the kids next week.

Sun May 01, 2016 2:19 pm

Slade had plenty of games to give players a chance and to try something new the end of last season and did nothing so don't be surprised to see the same 11 next game.

Sun May 01, 2016 2:23 pm

next weeks game now, try a different tactic, play some of the youngsters, change things up a bit, nothing to lose

Sun May 01, 2016 3:22 pm

davids wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, I know it's a laughable suggestion but now that the season is over for both us and Birmingham then surely next week's game which has absolutley nothing riding on it would provide an ideal opportunity for our manager to have a look at some of our younger fringe players, especially if he intends giving them a chance next season.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, ok, I know I should stop talking bollocks - it's never going to happen.

I fully expect the team next week to be exactly the same as failed miserably yesterday, save for any replacements required because of injuries.

Let's see exactly how Slade intends planning for next season with his team selection for the last game of this.

David's am with you on the kids, in fact a lot of them aren't kids but young men with first team experience who should be given the opportunity. :thumbup:

Sun May 01, 2016 5:00 pm

I would start Saadi next week as you say nothing to lose. :ayatollah:

Sun May 01, 2016 5:36 pm

I would live to see a team of youth mixed in with a few experienced players fighting for their places in the team next season, but sadley I can not Slade doing this.
It could put him in an early grave to take a risk

Mon May 02, 2016 7:35 am

The 2002-03 Cardiff City Play-Off winning squad, half the squad were Welsh. That was a time when the supporters gave the club it's full backing :thumbright: :thumbup:

Mon May 02, 2016 7:43 am

If we are going to cost cut again next season then I would play the players who would feature next season as I don't see any point in players playing if there being moved on or not wanted and told to find other clubs :thumbup:

Mon May 02, 2016 11:39 pm

I'm all for it!!

Some of the regulars need to look to their laurels anyway. Might do them good to be sidelined. Kick up the arse!!