Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

RUSSELL SLADE " IT HURTS BUT I'VE TAKEN CARDIFF CITY "

Sun May 01, 2016 12:42 pm

RUSSELL SLADE " IT HURTS BUT I'VE TAKEN CARDIFF CITY FORWARD "

The Cardiff manager refused to duck the nature of the performance, conceding Wednesday were the better side, but remained adamant that he had taken the club forward and is still keen to attempt a promotion charge next season.

Slade said: “It hurts. You're disappointed whenever you lose a football match.

“For half a game we were still in it but we're very disappointed with the second-half and, in particular, the goals we conceded, and we weren't a great enough threat and you have to say we got beaten by the better side.

“ I still believed we could win and take it to the last day, but we've only managed to take it to the 45.

“But I do feel we've made progress. We are going the right way, but we've had a bad day at the office today and we have to get over it. You always have to take setbacks and it's how you react. Given another pre-season under our belts I'm sure we can try and make progress.”

Slade though – already under fire from upset fans following the thumping end to slim promotion hopes – admits it will now be Tan's decision whether he continues, saying talks over whether he will be offered a new deal will take place after next weekend's final fixture with Birmingham.

“We'll take what happens next from there,” he said, adding that whether there will be money to spend will form part of his discussions. “I would want to see if we continue the progress but we'll have to see what happens. At the end of the day it will be the owner's decision.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: RUSSELL SLADE " IT HURTS BUT I'VE TAKEN CARDIFF CITY "

Sun May 01, 2016 12:45 pm

I get the feeling he is not very confident about Tan giving him a contract.

Sun May 01, 2016 12:50 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:I get the feeling he is not very confident about Tan giving him a contract.

Could it be the fact he's only won 1 game in six at a crucial stage of the season? Deserves to go !

Sun May 01, 2016 12:51 pm

Neokutai wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:I get the feeling he is not very confident about Tan giving him a contract.

Could it be the fact he's only won 1 game in six at a crucial stage of the season? Deserves to go !

Yes that will give him his doubts. :laughing6:

Sun May 01, 2016 1:22 pm

It's a shame I've supported him all season it's clear that not enough points from the last 6 weeks.
Sheffield Wednesday we're to hungry nothing to do with a better side heart some times beats the better.
I'm 75% he should go but there is still a part of me that the underdog can change things next season.

Stats are there that he is a better manager then ole but also stats show a promotion manager would have picked up 10 points out of the 18 that were available 6 weeks ago ! Also are we ready for promotion my answer is no not enough quality and would have to replace 80% of the squad.

Sun May 01, 2016 2:39 pm

Russell Slade wont give the likes of M Kennedy,
K Harris, D John a chance they are our future.. :bluebird:
Slade is a nice bloke BUT :sladeout: .. he's not what Cardiff need we need someone who has passion and not afraid of giving bollockings out, Maybe Bellamy... :bluebird:
we need a better scouting staff.. and perhaps we can progress forward.. :bluebird:
The fans then will return if they can see something to cheer about... :bluebird:

Sun May 01, 2016 3:45 pm

Good

Sun May 01, 2016 3:48 pm

:sladeout: just go now Russ, you're just not good enough :sladeout:

Mon May 02, 2016 5:53 am

The guy has NEVER won anything in his career. 800 odd games never ever won promotion :sladeout: :sladeout: :sladeout: