Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

This summers acquisitions

Sun May 01, 2016 11:41 am

Now we have confirmed our place back in the championship next year who do you think we should acquire on the player front and also on the manager front IF slade was to depart. Just to add my opinion to things I believe Slade has done very well in almost impossible circumstances here, no money, large squad, large amount of fans not willing to give him a chance etc so to get us to just outside the play offs deserves credit. :ayatollah:

I do however believe his face does not fit with many fans and for the club to fully push forward together a new manager is needed, to give all a lift going into next season. If we have another summer of mediocrity and failure to acquire transfer targets, next seasons attendances will be just as low as this years and we definitely wont improve on this years position.

Back onto transfer targets, this is depending on having money to spend by tan and also having the transfer ban lifted. We should definitely look at signing Immers permanently, that should be the first move, hopefully done and dusted early doors. We should then look at Watt, his recent injury may have lowered his price and we all know what he can do. Thirdly id look to sign Kemar Roofe from oxford. I believe that would leave us with a dangerous forward line with Zohore, Immers, Watt, Roofe. I wouldn't keep lawrence or ameobi and id look to move on doyle, macheda, saadi, le fondre.

In the midfield Id look at getting Jonny Russell, Alan Judge and Bradley Dack from Derby, Brentford and Gillingham. We desperately need pace and russell would give us that. Get rid of Dikgacoi and noone.

Defensively were not too bad, all depends on if we keep manga amd marshall tbh. New left back may be needed.

As for managers if Slade leaves, its a toss up between Tim Sherwood and Nigel Pearson, both would have us challenging next year.

All of this will need money so hopefully Tan has his cheque book ready.

Opinions?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: This summers acquisitions

Sun May 01, 2016 12:29 pm

Tan trusts Slade and won't go for a big name like Sherwood or Pearson and the players we should target I would get a pacy striker from the lower league Che Adams would be my choice and a pacy striker that can fit into a 442 like Harris and we need to bring some youth through for once. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sun May 01, 2016 12:46 pm

Manager - Edinburgh or Ardley someone of that ilk.

I don't think you get promoted with an old fashioned 442, so its a 433 or 4231 manager for me.

Goalie- No one takes a punt on Marshall so he stays

Centre halfs - Manga goes but we have really good kids coming thorough so no new players required

Full backs - John needs a season, Malone flatters to deceive and has got worse week on week. Peltier is a old fashioned right back so we may need a kid pushing him a bit more attack minded. Whatever happened to the lad Ole played against Chelsea.

C.Midfield - in any modern system playing the extra man Whitts adds class to the team and we have at least another season from him. O'Keefe with Whitts in a 4231 would really work, Ralls pushing hard - Gunnar & Dikgachoi to leave

Attacking Mid- Immers is we can get him would be excellent, although I believe that Ralls may be able to play that position. Pilkington will be able to do it but i recon he'll leave in the summer.
Wide we are useless !!!! Nooney in a 4231 may work and only as a forward in a 433, but we need two fast direct players ASAP.

Forwards - Zahore will need a personal trainer over the summer, just not hard enough for the championship, but he is ours. All the others can leave and we need back up for Zahore

So for me Gunnar, Diki,Manga, Pilkington,Nooney & Harris leave so we need :-

Lex Immers
1 young right back
4 wide attacking midfielder/forwards
1 mobile centre forward

Sun May 01, 2016 1:07 pm

The forum silly season will soon be here, and if you believe all the rumours that will soon appear here, we won't have to worry about injuries next season as we will have a squad of around two hundred or so.

Sun May 01, 2016 1:22 pm

Zohore isnt ours
agree on Kemar Roofe, looks a good player.
id like a Martinez style manager. 4-5-1 and plenty of passing.
whoever it is i would really like us to bring the youth through. Tutonda, Oshilaja, Ossulivan, Healey all deserve a shot