Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Declan John Next Season

Sun May 01, 2016 9:19 am

I would love to see declan john back in a city shirt at the cardiff city stadium next season.

But push him upfield on the wing his natural position before malky switched him to left back.

I aint sayin hes in bales league at all but remember bale was left back until moved left wing and look what happened next. Declan john has a natural left foot and quality on the ball, quick, tricky player but questionable defending. He could really flourish as a left winger imo, just need the right manager to see it and give him the chance slade wont do that im sure, i bet someone like bellamy would mind.

Who agrees on declan john as a potential quality winger?

Re: Declan John Next Season

Sun May 01, 2016 9:31 am

No, I've seen nothing to suggest John is anymore then Div 1 standard. Truth is that if he wasn't homegrown we wouldn't even be discussing him.

Sun May 01, 2016 9:32 am

Not sure where the hype comes from on John, never been impressed.

He should have had the fill season out on loan and got some games to see if he is actually good enough.

I'd prob look to move him on now.

Sun May 01, 2016 9:34 am

Simply not good enough in my opinion :bluescarf:

Sun May 01, 2016 9:40 am

Every poster above... you must be basing your opinion though on declan being a left back yes? As that is where he has played last few seasons... i am saying he should be a winger, not been given a chance to prove himself there has he

Sun May 01, 2016 9:43 am

BlueMagic wrote:Every poster above... you must be basing your opinion though on declan being a left back yes? As that is where he has played last few seasons... i am saying he should be a winger, not been given a chance to prove himself there has he

Yes he was at left back but you can still see his qualities. Maybe he hasn't been given a chance because we have better.

Sun May 01, 2016 12:36 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
BlueMagic wrote:Every poster above... you must be basing your opinion though on declan being a left back yes? As that is where he has played last few seasons... i am saying he should be a winger, not been given a chance to prove himself there has he

Yes he was at left back but you can still see his qualities. Maybe he hasn't been given a chance because we have better.

Do you really think Malone is a better player than Declan John??

Let's not forget this is a young player(I think he was 18 at the time) who did pretty well in a piss poor defence in the premiership.

He hasn't kicked on since because he hasn't been given a chance...Malone makes mistake after mistake is generally poor in most games yet is a virtual ever present in the team....one of many reasons Slade must go his treatment of young players is a joke!!!

Sun May 01, 2016 12:37 pm

Play him on the wing at LB he is awful.

Sun May 01, 2016 12:39 pm

BlueMagic wrote:I would love to see declan john back in a city shirt at the cardiff city stadium next season.

But push him upfield on the wing his natural position before malky switched him to left back.

I aint sayin hes in bales league at all but remember bale was left back until moved left wing and look what happened next. Declan john has a natural left foot and quality on the ball, quick, tricky player but questionable defending. He could really flourish as a left winger imo, just need the right manager to see it and give him the chance slade wont do that im sure, i bet someone like bellamy would mind.

Im a big Declan John fan, but Slade refused him a run.

Sun May 01, 2016 12:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
BlueMagic wrote:I would love to see declan john back in a city shirt at the cardiff city stadium next season.

Im a big Declan John fan, but Slade refused him a run.

Slade seems to refuse every young player a run. Wont play them in cup games or wont ever put one on the bench.

Sun May 01, 2016 12:45 pm

If I remember correctly, he came through the academy as a left winger and only started playing at left back a few years ago due to injuries, he probably feels more comfortable playing there and got to be worth giving him a shot either next week or in pre-season

Sun May 01, 2016 12:53 pm

Not good enough.

Sun May 01, 2016 1:32 pm

FFS, give him a shot as a winger, we are not St Pats old boys !!!!

Malky was not some messed up tyrant who wanted to wreck any kids career, he was a hardened professional. Probably his best chance to make it was to make the change to wing back otherwise he'd probably be in the Welsh league as a winger.

Its the system. If Slade is still here he'll need to find another club. Fabio has gone from the biggest club in England to being malones back up !!!!!! Most modern manager use wing backs for the width and use the extra central midfielder to drift behind as cover when they go bombing on.

Sun May 01, 2016 1:46 pm

llan bluebird wrote:FFS, give him a shot as a winger, we are not St Pats old boys !!!!

Malky was not some messed up tyrant who wanted to wreck any kids career, he was a hardened professional. Probably his best chance to make it was to make the change to wing back otherwise he'd probably be in the Welsh league as a winger.

Its the system. If Slade is still here he'll need to find another club. Fabio has gone from the biggest club in England to being malones back up !!!!!! Most modern manager use wing backs for the width and use the extra central midfielder to drift behind as cover when they go bombing on.

Declan john would be a better option on left midfield than peter whittingham i know that much. Whittingham offers f**k all there.

Sun May 01, 2016 1:49 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Do you really think Malone is a better player than Declan John??

Let's not forget this is a young player(I think he was 18 at the time) who did pretty well in a piss poor defence in the premiership.

He hasn't kicked on since because he hasn't been given a chance...Malone makes mistake after mistake is generally poor in most games yet is a virtual ever present in the team....one of many reasons Slade must go his treatment of young players is a joke!!!

Don't think i said that :lol:
I'd say they are quite similar actually but I don't see how Malone being poor makes John any better. We need better than both.

Sun May 01, 2016 5:37 pm

No THankyou, not uo to championship football.