Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' SUNDAY MORNING/HELLO ' 1ST MAY 2016

Sun May 01, 2016 7:57 am

PAPER TALK

Sunday 1st May 2016

A beautiful Sunday morning on this Bank Holiday weekend - we'll have all the latest transfer news and rumours through the day.

Time for a look across the back pages of today's national newspapers...

Antoine Griezmann is a £65m target for Manchester United. Old Trafford scouts are watching Atletico Madrid's 25-year-old French hotshot as they plan a summer revamp. (The Sun)

Gareth Bale is on the wish list of incoming Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola but Real Madrid are hoping he will sign a contract extension which will keep him with them until 2021. (Sunday Express)

Louis van Gaal insists he will remain Manchester United's manager next season despite continuing reports that Jose Mourinho has been lined up to replace him. (Mail on Sunday)

Leicester will begin to prepare for the Champions League by offering Claudio Ranieri and Riyad Mahrez lucrative new contracts. (Sunday Telegraph)

Re: ' SUNDAY MORNING/HELLO ' 1ST MAY 2016

Sun May 01, 2016 7:57 am

HOWE COMMITTED TO BOURNEMOUTH

Eddie Howe has confirmed his commitment to Bournemouth after being linked with Everton.

"I am absolutely committed to Bournemouth and while I have the relationship with the owner I will be staying at the club."

Sun May 01, 2016 7:58 am

THE SUN

Antoine Griezmann is a £65m target for Manchester United. Old Trafford scouts are watching Atletico Madrid's 25-year-old French hotshot as they plan a summer revamp.

Leicester are eyeing a sensational swoop for Sporting Lisbon midfielder William Carvalho if N'Golo Kante departs.

Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew is planning to launch an ambitious summer raid for West Brom striker Saido Berahino.

Sun May 01, 2016 7:59 am

DAILY MAIL

Swansea boss Francesco Guidolin is set to become Watford's seventh manager in less than 500 days this summer while Brendan Rodgers will replace Guidolin at the Liberty Stadium.

Gareth Bale is on the wish list of incoming Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola but Real Madrid are hoping he will sign a contract extension which will keep him with them until 2021.

Sun May 01, 2016 8:00 am

Sunday Express

Louis van Gaal insists he will remain Manchester United's manager next season despite continuing reports that Jose Mourinho has been lined up to replace him.

Sun May 01, 2016 8:00 am

The Star

Manuel Pellegrini wants another managerial role in the Premier League after his Manchester City contract comes to an end.

Sun May 01, 2016 8:01 am

Sunday Telegraph

Leicester will begin to prepare for the Champions League by offering Claudio Ranieri and Riyad Mahrez lucrative new contracts.

Sun May 01, 2016 8:11 am

MARTINEZ REMAINS DEFIANT

Another manager under pressure is Roberto Martinez. He says he doesn't want to leave, following today's win over Bournemouth.

"My intention is to win football games and to be successful and that doesn't change. It is a privilege and an honour to be manager of Everton."

Sun May 01, 2016 8:11 am

EVANS WANTS SIX PLAYERS

Steve Evans also promised to deliver a top-six finish next season if Leeds are willing to invest in enough new players.

"I believe we need between four and six quality players. If that happens I will deliver the play-offs next season, given the opportunity, and I know the supporters deserve better players to represent them."

Sun May 01, 2016 8:36 am

Espanyol want to bring Manchester United misfit Victor Valdes back to Spain, reports AS.

Valdes, who has made only two appearances for United since joining them at the start of last year, had his loan at Standard Liege terminated early on Friday.

Espanyol’s new owner Cheng Yansheng wants to recruit big-name players to excite his side’s fans and he is keen on Valdes.

The former Barcelona goalkeeper is out of contract at United at the end of next month and he could join Espanyol on a free transfer.

UNITED SCOUT HIGUAIN

Louis van Gaal had Manchester United scouts watch Napoli forward Gonzalo Higuain, according to the Daily Mirror.

Van Gaal, who expects to remain in charge at Old Trafford next season, is planning his summer business and a striker is thought to be one of his targets.

United scouts were reportedly in attendance as Higuain's Napoli faced Roma earlier this week. Napoli lost 1-0.