5 points from 18/Keep Slade?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby BlueMagic » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:34 pm

Apart from one or two decent runs of form our side again under slade like last season has been completely average.

In a play off hunt and slade sets his team and tactics out and we earn 5 points from a possible 18 available form reading DLDLWL.

And i come on here and people are applauding a man who has failed this season again, hes never achieved anything with any of his other clubs and he keeps showing us why with this latest run of results yet people want him as our manager next season?

Would he do any better given a few bob to spend? Very risky imo, he hasent got the bollocks or inspiration to inspire youngsters to succeed at this club, poor record in transfer market, malky makay spent very little with city first season in charge and got us play offs dont forget and laid foundations for a championship winning side.

Id love slade to prove me wrong but when he puts ameobi on again today who has been shocking all season and when he continues to play people like whitts and pilkington out of position where they have been non effective game after game after game gives me no condifence in slade ever being succesful with this club.

Fresh change for me bring in bellers.
BlueMagic

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: 5 points from 18/Keep Slade?

Postby Rydogsccfc » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:39 pm

I think we'll hope Slade will learn about how we fell short and brings in players who suit a 442.
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby davids » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:19 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:I think we'll hope Slade will learn about how we fell short and brings in players who suit a 442.

He's had over 700 games as a manager to "learn" things and at no time has he suggested that he is capable of getting a team promoted.

What evidence have you seen that this will ever change?
davids

Postby Rydogsccfc » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:24 pm

davids wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:I think we'll hope Slade will learn about how we fell short and brings in players who suit a 442.

He's had over 700 games as a manager to "learn" things and at no time has he suggested that he is capable of getting a team promoted.

What evidence have you seen that this will ever change?

Evidence? None.
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby KWest » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:31 pm

It's not just 5 points from 18 though is it? It's 5 points from 18 when it absolutely mattered most, and Slade bottled it.

He will never, ever, take us up to the Premier League. Not a chance in hell.
KWest

Postby BlueMagic » Sun May 01, 2016 9:05 am

KWest wrote:It's not just 5 points from 18 though is it? It's 5 points from 18 when it absolutely mattered most, and Slade bottled it.

He will never, ever, take us up to the Premier League. Not a chance in hell.

Spot on he bottled it. Players have to take some blame but its the managers job to get the best out of them, i really dont see slade as an inspiration or be able to drive that group on.

Thing is with our squad and youngsters coming through we are not far away at all imo, all we need is real firepower and quality up front and pace and quality on the wing instead of noone as i think pilkington would be ok for the one wing. But slade as he has proved already is not capable of getting the best out of the squad and not capable of signing players who will add to it and improve it.
BlueMagic

Postby 2blue2handle » Sun May 01, 2016 9:41 am

The issue is Slade's brain seems to be about a month or two behind eveyone else's.

How long did it take for him to move Ralls inside when everyone else was screaming it for weeks.

I'm not even sure Immers was going to get back in the team until injuries.

As for Pilks upfront, forced into that and it eorled, great but as I said at the time he will keep him upfront for weeks after other managers have seen it and figured out how to play against it.

I'm not sure if he has ever made a decent sub or changed a game tactically in a positive way.

Has failed to get anything from any of the strikers he has had and let's not pretend he has had limited options because he has used or not used in some cases a lot of strikers.

If in doubt his natural decisions are defensive. Start of his reign having 3 CBs on the bench, even 2 yesterday and playing two defensive midfielder I'm a must win game.

We have struggled at the bottom clubs because we don't have any kind of attacking plan.
2blue2handle

Postby BlueMagic » Sun May 01, 2016 12:47 pm

2blue2handle wrote:The issue is Slade's brain seems to be about a month or two behind eveyone else's.

How long did it take for him to move Ralls inside when everyone else was screaming it for weeks.

I'm not even sure Immers was going to get back in the team until injuries.

As for Pilks upfront, forced into that and it eorled, great but as I said at the time he will keep him upfront for weeks after other managers have seen it and figured out how to play against it.

I'm not sure if he has ever made a decent sub or changed a game tactically in a positive way.

Has failed to get anything from any of the strikers he has had and let's not pretend he has had limited options because he has used or not used in some cases a lot of strikers.

If in doubt his natural decisions are defensive. Start of his reign having 3 CBs on the bench, even 2 yesterday and playing two defensive midfielder I'm a must win game.

We have struggled at the bottom clubs because we don't have any kind of attacking plan.

Spot on with everything there. We are talking about a manager also who dropped immers after he scored in a game and dropped okeefe when he was playing out of his skin. Clueless comes to mind.
BlueMagic

Postby 2blue2handle » Sun May 01, 2016 12:56 pm

O'Keefe who he signed and hardly played for a year, bizzare
2blue2handle

Return to General Chat