Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

total clear out needed

Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:12 pm

Time for a total clear out imo
marshall can go
why is it some on here say look how many points he saved us , but never mention how many points he has cost us
today he had a hand in all three goals he messed up at rotherham , he gets beat to often from distance , didnt get any where near boltons free kick and made many more mistakes through out the season

mallone is just not good enough he must go

manga must go to also bring in funds to allow new players in on sensible wages

fabio has not been first choice and is on high wages so must go
noone can go high earner not consistent one trick pony

whitts high earner passed his best time to go
dikgicoi high earner must go
lawrence has shown very little and unless liecester will let him go for free and his wage demands are reasonable he can go back
ameobi must be sent back to newcastle
our players out on loan , le fondre, doyle, macheda, must be let go
oshilaja , john , healy , o sullivan , etc must be brougt into the first team squad or released
moore is good enough
how come harris has become sub material all of a sudden
imo slade doesnt really know what some players can offer
so with us needing a total re build I believe a new manager is also needed before decisions on immers and zohore are made

Re: total clear out needed

Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:43 pm

Marshall's value must be dropping like a stone - despite a few games where he remembers his quality.

I agree we need a clear out - and on most of the names.

Kadeem Harris has done very well in the u21s since January, won the penalty against Bolton and did more in 20 minutes today at Hillsborough than most of the rest of them did in 90. At least he was trying to cross, shoot or drive into the box whilst all around him were fannying about, mis-kicking, going backwards, tripping over their feet, conceding possession, losing every second ball, standing and admiring Wednesday play football and generally competing for the Most Inept Man Of The Match award!

Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:46 pm

jon1959 wrote:Marshall's value must be dropping like a stone - despite a few games where he remembers his quality.

I agree we need a clear out - and on most of the names.

Kadeem Harris has done very well in the u21s since January, won the penalty against Bolton and did more in 20 minutes today at Hillsborough than most of the rest of them did in 90. At least he was trying to cross, shoot or drive into the box whilst all around him were fannying about, mis-kicking, going backwards, tripping over their feet, conceding possession, losing every second ball, standing and admiring Wednesday play football and generally competing for the Most Inept Man Of The Match award!

Harris needs to start next season.

Sun May 01, 2016 1:50 pm

And some feel we should have won the league

This board gets funnier day by day

I agree with you Steve lots more players need to be moved on and it will happen need to slash another £6m in costs this season wages are the highest cost so the likes of Fabio and a few other high earning fringe players need to go

I would love to see us bring in some youngsters now and have a balance of experience and youth and see if we can build our way to the top of the league over a few seasons

Sun May 01, 2016 1:51 pm

And some feel we should have won the league

This board gets funnier day by day

I agree with you Steve lots more players need to be moved on and it will happen need to slash another £6m in costs this season wages are the highest cost so the likes of Fabio and a few other high earning fringe players need to go

I would love to see us bring in some youngsters now and have a balance of experience and youth and see if we can build our way to the top of the league over a few seasons

Sun May 01, 2016 2:38 pm

I totally agree, however you will probably find that all the OGS player signings are contracted until the end of June 2017, & with more than a year left I can't see any of them "walking" soon. The only way that all these player will leave this Summer is if they are free transfers (unlikely in most cases), or their contracts are terminated by mutual consent, which has been the case of many a player since RS arrived.

Sun May 01, 2016 4:22 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:I totally agree, however you will probably find that all the OGS player signings are contracted until the end of June 2017, & with more than a year left I can't see any of them "walking" soon. The only way that all these player will leave this Summer is if they are free transfers (unlikely in most cases), or their contracts are terminated by mutual consent, which has been the case of many a player since RS arrived.

Marshall,manga,Malone,noone,whitts would bring in about £7 million at best right now
But would save us about £120 k a week in wages
Let's say we get 5 new players in spending £4 million that's £3 million banked
Pay the 5 new players £10 k a week that's £50 k
So £120k a week less £50k a week = £70k times 52 = £3.64 million a year savings

Now that's the kind of business we must do this summer
Supplement the first team squad with 4/5 of our youngsters
And look to the long term not the short term

Sun May 01, 2016 4:45 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:I totally agree, however you will probably find that all the OGS player signings are contracted until the end of June 2017, & with more than a year left I can't see any of them "walking" soon. The only way that all these player will leave this Summer is if they are free transfers (unlikely in most cases), or their contracts are terminated by mutual consent, which has been the case of many a player since RS arrived.

Marshall,manga,Malone,noone,whitts would bring in about £7 million at best right now
But would save us about £120 k a week in wages
Let's say we get 5 new players in spending £4 million that's £3 million banked
Pay the 5 new players £10 k a week that's £50 k
So £120k a week less £50k a week = £70k times 52 = £3.64 million a year savings

Now that's the kind of business we must do this summer
Supplement the first team squad with 4/5 of our youngsters
And look to the long term not the short term

I believe its not all of those players you mention that need to leave, but, as a priority, most of the players currently out on loan (quite a few), plus Fabio, & Dikgacoi, I can see as leaving, one way or another.

As previously mentioned, the club needs a clear out, & I suspect that's exactly what we will get!

Sun May 01, 2016 4:49 pm

This is how I see it for next season if tan does want to slash again and im all for it as long as the younger ones get a chance which some are on onloan or have been out onloan which I think might be the plan :bluescarf:

Below is what we will have left imo but I can also see atleast two getting sold from list below also :bluescarf:

Wilson
Moore
Peltier
Malone
Morrison
Connolly
Ajayi
Whittingham
Ralls
Noone
Pilkington
Dikgacoi
Gunnarsson
O'Keefe
Kennedy
Harris
Saadi
Doyle
Healey

Who will probably get sold or contract has been let run out.
Marshall
Manga
Fábio
Turner

Off back to parent clubs.
Tom Lawrence (on loan from Leicester City)
Ameobi (on loan from Newcastle United)
Kenneth Zohore (on loan from K.V. Kortrijk)
Lex Immers (on loan from Feyenoord)

Mon May 02, 2016 7:39 am

Mallone whitts and noone from that lot must go

Mon May 02, 2016 7:40 am

troobloo3339 wrote:Mallone whitts and noone from that lot must go

There also le fondre, macheda who need to go on my list also :bluescarf:

Mon May 02, 2016 7:40 am

troobloo3339 wrote:Mallone whitts and noone from that lot must go

There also le fondre, macheda who need to go on my list also :bluescarf:

Mon May 02, 2016 8:01 am

So are you willing to pay off Whitts, Marshall, Diki, Gunnarson, Macheda,AlF & Nooney ? There's a few million,because that's what it probably takes.

Its not the London Stock Market FT100 index, there isn't always a buyer who is willing to pay a fee or their wages. We over pay and it has hurt us for the last two seasons, no player is going to agree to a transfer where his salary is less than he is currently on unless we give him suitable compensation.

I doubt any of the above players could earn more elsewhere, including Marshall.

I guess that Manga could if he got into the premier league but that is a 50/50 call.