Russell Slade "We've had a bad day at the office today"

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:55 pm

Russell Slade admits Cardiff City future in Vincent Tan's hands as he reveals hurt at Sheffield Wednesday capitulation

BY CHRIS WATHAN

Russell Slade admitted his hurt at seeing Cardiff City fall spectacularly at the final hurdle as defeat at Sheffield Wednesday blew any remaining hopes of the play-offs.

The Bluebirds were blown away by a rampant Wednesday who extended their lead over Slade's side to seven points and guarantee their top-six finish at the expense of Cardiff.

The Cardiff manager refused to duck the nature of the performance, conceding Wednesday were the better side, but remained adamant that he had taken the club forward and is still keen to attempt a promotion charge next season.

Slade said: “It hurts. You're disappointed whenever you lose a football match.

“For half a game we were still in it but we're very disappointed with the second-half and, in particular, the goals we conceded, and we weren't a great enough threat and you have to say we got beaten by the better side.

“ I still believed we could win and take it to the last day, but we've only managed to take it to the 45.

“But I do feel we've made progress. We are going the right way, but we've had a bad day at the office today and we have to get over it. You always have to take setbacks and it's how you react. Given another pre-season under our belts I'm sure we can try and make progress.”

Slade though – already under fire from upset fans following the thumping end to slim promotion hopes – admits it will now be Tan's decision whether he continues, saying talks over whether he will be offered a new deal will take place after next weekend's final fixture with Birmingham.

“We'll take what happens next from there,” he said, adding that whether there will be money to spend will form part of his discussions. “I would want to see if we continue the progress but we'll have to see what happens. At the end of the day it will be the owner's decision.”
Attachments
GettyImages-511405420-2.jpg
GettyImages-511405420-2.jpg (39.56 KiB) Viewed 2515 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Russell Slade "We've had a bad day at the office today"

Postby Bobbank59 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:33 pm

It will be a disaster if Slade is our manager next season.
Bobbank59

Postby Eddie ccfc » Sun May 01, 2016 12:25 am

Bobbank59 wrote:It will be a disaster if Slade is our manager next season.

Yes disaster finishing 7th this year wasn't it!!!
Eddie ccfc

Postby bobbankbandit » Sun May 01, 2016 5:13 am

Yes - 7th is not good enough. It is a disaster and he needs to be replaced with a more tactically sound experienced mgr who understands the championship inside and out. Watching players under previous regimes (love him or hate him -Malkie) for example at least put a bit if fire in the players, so many times this season I've looked at other teams thinking they want it more. There's no visible real motivation or hunger from our lads too many times this season.
You should not arrive at your grave in a well preserved body, so skid in sideways battered and bruised screaming yahooooo what a ride !
bobbankbandit

Postby ThomasC » Sun May 01, 2016 6:31 am

"I still believed we could win today but only managed to take it to the 45" :? You wasn't winning the game which was the objective of the day Slade.

Everybody knew what he would attempt to do, once again, out-thought by a manager who knew how Slade would approach the game and told his players to take the game to us and set the tempo of the match.

One thing was for certain, Slade's tactics were useless if Sheff Wed score, game over.
ThomasC

Postby TaffEmbankment » Sun May 01, 2016 7:39 am

bobbankbandit wrote:Yes - 7th is not good enough. It is a disaster and he needs to be replaced with a more tactically sound experienced mgr who understands the championship inside and out. Watching players under previous regimes (love him or hate him -Malkie) for example at least put a bit if fire in the players, so many times this season I've looked at other teams thinking they want it more. There's no visible real motivation or hunger from our lads too many times this season.

Please can you list the reasons why you call this season a "disaster" in plain english, with why you think we somehow have a devine right to finish above boro/burnley/brighton/derby/hull/wednesday?

IMO these clubs are all bigger than ours (maybe the exception of brighton) and also spent a lot more money, with much more recent experience in the top flight than our short stint.

I think we have come on leaps and bounds this year in dificult circumstances. Hopefully there is a bit of money to keep the majority of the squad, get a striker in, and be competitie again next year.

Everyone moans about managers not being enough time in this day and age..... Surely we have to give slade another season on his project. Since he has come in it has only been gradual improvement- no? :sladein:
TaffEmbankment

Postby bluemoon » Sun May 01, 2016 8:20 am

slades just tans wrecking ball... i feel he has done his bit now

this season will be looked on as a good job done, wage bill slashed, remained in the division and finnished at a resonable number that many at the bottom of the division would snap your arm off for

of course hes not the long term man, who is ? alex fergusson couldnt win a title with this team

more of the same for the next few seasons if you ask me

i said long ago even if a miracle did happen and we ended up in the playoffs we would only have our hearts broken, we are simply not good enough
bluemoon

Postby RICK+CCFC » Sun May 01, 2016 8:28 am

bluemoon wrote:slades just tans wrecking ball... i feel he has done his bit now

this season will be looked on as a good job done, wage bill slashed, remained in the division and finnished at a resonable number that many at the bottom of the division would snap your arm off for

of course hes not the long term man, who is ? alex fergusson couldnt win a title with this team

more of the same for the next few seasons if you ask me

i said long ago even if a miracle did happen and we ended up in the playoffs we would only have our hearts broken, we are simply not good enough

I agree some what to your post, however, there is still a big job to do, especially where the wage bill is concerned.

There are still players that need to be shipped out, I can think of at least six or seven myself, including those currently out on loan, that are a massive drain on resources, & simply have no future at our club.

VT trusts RS, & that's why he will remain as our manager, for the time being, Imho.
RICK+CCFC

Postby Aberbeeg Blues » Sun May 01, 2016 9:18 am

TaffEmbankment wrote:
bobbankbandit wrote:Yes - 7th is not good enough. It is a disaster and he needs to be replaced with a more tactically sound experienced mgr who understands the championship inside and out. Watching players under previous regimes (love him or hate him -Malkie) for example at least put a bit if fire in the players, so many times this season I've looked at other teams thinking they want it more. There's no visible real motivation or hunger from our lads too many times this season.

Please can you list the reasons why you call this season a "disaster" in plain english, with why you think we somehow have a devine right to finish above boro/burnley/brighton/derby/hull/wednesday?

IMO these clubs are all bigger than ours (maybe the exception of brighton) and also spent a lot more money, with much more recent experience in the top flight than our short stint.

I think we have come on leaps and bounds this year in dificult circumstances. Hopefully there is a bit of money to keep the majority of the squad, get a striker in, and be competitie again next year.

Everyone moans about managers not being enough time in this day and age..... Surely we have to give slade another season on his project. Since he has come in it has only been gradual improvement- no? :sladein:

There are various reasons why Slade should go.....the guy is a natural loser and used to losing its in his DNE ( he has never won a thing in almost 800 games as manager) his tactics remain in the 1980s and is constantly out thought by more modern younger managers. The fans have never taken to him (even after being here 2 years)and as we all know that's half the battle. Look at how the fans bought into MM and look at the results.
He may be a nice guy but he is out of his depth and time to move on
Aberbeeg Blues

Postby Fergy1927 » Sun May 01, 2016 9:27 am

Boss: Fergy, how come your work today cost us potentially $100 million?
Me: it was just a bad day at the office.
Boss: Fair enough. Better luck next time hey.
Fergy1927

Postby TaffEmbankment » Sun May 01, 2016 9:51 am

Aberbeeg Blues wrote:
TaffEmbankment wrote:

Sorry that wasnt my question. I wanted a list of facts why this season has been a DISASTER

There are various reasons why Slade should go.....the guy is a natural loser and used to losing its in his DNE ( he has never won a thing in almost 800 games as manager) his tactics remain in the 1980s and is constantly out thought by more modern younger managers. The fans have never taken to him (even after being here 2 years)and as we all know that's half the battle. Look at how the fans bought into MM and look at the results.
TaffEmbankment

Postby TaffEmbankment » Sun May 01, 2016 9:52 am

Aberbeeg Blues wrote:
TaffEmbankment wrote:

Sorry that wasnt my question. I wanted a list of facts why this season has been a DISASTER
TaffEmbankment

Postby darran1927 » Sun May 01, 2016 9:55 am

TaffEmbankment wrote:
Aberbeeg Blues wrote:
TaffEmbankment wrote:

This season has not been a disaster , a disaster would of been relegation .
darran1927

Postby steveultra » Sun May 01, 2016 11:11 am

I can honestly see us in a relegation battle next year. I know it depends on new manager, new players, budget but I'm not expecting much. The focus needs to be on getting 50 points ASAP. I hope I'm wrong but I just can't see where the ambition is. It's going to be up to mr tan now as to the next move. Does he want to continue steady progress focusing on getting us financially sound with managble overheads but risking mediocrity/failure on the pitch or is he going to invest heavily in players guaranteeing we won't be in a relegation battle but no guarantee of play offs or promotion? I think it will be the former so us fans need to be patient. Might need to build slowly and steadily over a number of years. But there are some examples of teams being promoted without spending hugely eg Swansea I think. So it can be done.
steveultra

Postby angelis1949 » Sun May 01, 2016 11:33 am

Eddie ccfc wrote:
Bobbank59 wrote:It will be a disaster if Slade is our manager next season.

Yes disaster finishing 7th this year wasn't it!!!

We finished 7th because the top teams kept beating each other,also take a look at our results in the last 7 games or so if other teams had been able to take advantage of our poor performances over that period we would have finished a lot lower than 7th
angelis1949

Postby Aramore » Sun May 01, 2016 11:57 am

With the form of Sheffield Wednesday over the last few weeks we had a brilliant opportunity to take their playoff spot.

The fact we didn;t is firmly down to Slade.
64JACK wrote:
ThomasC wrote: :lol: your my favourite poster :ayatollah:

Actually, your mine as well! The avator clinches it for me, as sometimes I do imagine I'm talking too a sensible lemon in sunglasses! :laughing6:
Aramore

Postby davids » Sun May 01, 2016 1:23 pm

Yes we did.

And we had a bad day at the office against Bolton.
And Brentford.
And QPR.
And Fulham.

Lots of bad days at the office recently Mr Slade.
davids

Postby Pulisnewport » Sun May 01, 2016 1:31 pm

Top 6 finish he said at start of season!

Not good enough, with or without talented squad
which he had.

Advertise the job see who applies!
Pulisnewport

Postby llan bluebird » Sun May 01, 2016 2:02 pm

I am in the he has done his job camp. Ole left a trail of destruction which in all honesty Slade hasn't corrected because he couldn't, he is the manager not the CFO or CEO. What he did do was not get relegated whilst they did their jobs.

7th is respectable for the club and Slade. Other small/medium clubs who have been relegated form the premier league have ended in L1, we haven't.

For me its the football, its dire. The Brighton, Leeds & Hull games were anomalies. I want piss poor boring games to be anomalies and our team to have a swagger about them. That isn't a Slade trait and we have seen him for over 80 games now.

Thanks Russ for all that you have done and I would be quite happy if you are the Director of football, but as a modern fan i need a modicum of entertainment.
llan bluebird

Postby Nuclearblue » Sun May 01, 2016 7:13 pm

A game of this magnitude you don't have "Bad day at the office" you have "We went down fighting and gave every ounce" This is why I am not a Slade fan. He has zero ambition and he does not know how to achieve success. And he is to old to start learning now. :sladeout: :sladeout:
Nuclearblue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun May 01, 2016 8:15 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:A game of this magnitude you don't have "Bad day at the office" you have "We went down fighting and gave every ounce" This is why I am not a Slade fan. He has zero ambition and he does not know how to achieve success. And he is to old to start learning now. :sladeout: :sladeout:

What a great answer!
I'm sick of hearing Slade spouting his utter shite. Move him him Mr. Tan.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby nubbsy » Mon May 02, 2016 12:33 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:A game of this magnitude you don't have "Bad day at the office" you have "We went down fighting and gave every ounce" This is why I am not a Slade fan. He has zero ambition and he does not know how to achieve success. And he is to old to start learning now. :sladeout: :sladeout:

What a great answer!
I'm sick of hearing Slade spouting his utter shite. Move him him Mr. Tan.

Correct, he is so passive about this it's like we just lost a mid season game.
nubbsy

Return to General Chat