Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Russell Slade By Vince Alm '

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:28 pm

' Russell Slade By Vince Alm '

By Vince Alm Cardiff City Supporters Club

Saturday 30th April 2016

Slade is a decent manager slade is a decent guy. like every team in the league when we have our best players fit we win games and play decent football.
We are the 7th best team in the league on one of the lowest transfer budgets FACT end of.I've enjoyed this season on the whole and supporting my team and well done to every cardiff fan who has done the same. if we make the same progress next season it will be play offs

But today got what we deserved nothing! shows what a difference ralls immers pilkington Lawrence make to the team

Re: ' Russell Slade By Vince Alm '

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:36 pm

Oh dear

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:44 pm

angelis1949 wrote:Oh dear

Oh dear bang the drum.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:45 pm

well vincent my opinion (and i do respect you) is Slade has to go.
also you have done well with the drum. do it when nobody is singing to improve the atmosphere. but when it gets going please just quiten down as your funeral march style is embarresing

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:47 pm

He's right what he said,but the big question is there a better manager whi is willing to come here and do better plus keep Tan happy.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:50 pm

Slade has done well off the pitch but just ok on it. A good manager would have got our squad in the top 6 no problem imo.

New manager, New Start for next season.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:51 pm

Kanester wrote:Slade has done well off the pitch but just ok on it. A good manager would have got our squad in the top 6 no problem imo.

New manager, New Start for next season.

Spot on let's have a new start.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:52 pm

We haven't played decent football.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:55 pm

llan bluebird wrote:We haven't played decent football.

Av we fook! Your right!

Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:14 pm

We may have one of the smallest transfer budgets but we must have one of the largest wage budgets!

Get a decent manager who can make these under acheiving players earn and justify the money they are being paid.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:28 pm

Slade did better than most thought he would this season, but he will never get us promoted, he just hasn't got what it takes. However, if Tans plan is to have another season of consolidation under Slade then Iwould begrudgeingly accept it, if it gets us out of the shit in the long term :thumbup:

Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:11 pm

Just 1 persons opinion
We've all watched City a long time
Time for someone new
Couldn't beat the bottom sides and he says enjoyed the season FFS

Sun May 01, 2016 5:33 am

Slade has to go

Team selection is poor and football is dreadful

Unless free tickets are given our gates have gone from 20k to 12 ish

:sladeout:

Sun May 01, 2016 6:51 am

Make the playoffs next season under Slade???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fairplay made me laugh.It wont be progression be lucky to finish 12th under him. My opinion hes way over achieved this season even with some shit results like Bolton.

Sun May 01, 2016 7:40 am

I've been a season ticket holder for 17 years, but this season I have missed 10 games, I just couldn't be bother with the dull football on offer, which has been going on since Dave Jones left,

Sun May 01, 2016 7:52 am

I think it's time for Slade to move upstairs. He's proved that he can deal with Tan and that's massively important, if Slade does all the dealings with Tan then maybe he can be the buffer between hm and a new manager/ head coach... If the new manager reports to Slade as opposed to Tan then maybe we can attract decent applicants. Let's face it, not many decent managers would want to work under conditions where tan is constantly poking his nose in

Sun May 01, 2016 7:57 am

BracklaBlue72 wrote:I think it's time for Slade to move upstairs. He's proved that he can deal with Tan and that's massively important, if Slade does all the dealings with Tan then maybe he can be the buffer between hm and a new manager/ head coach... If the new manager reports to Slade as opposed to Tan then maybe we can attract decent applicants. Let's face it, not many decent managers would want to work under conditions where tan is constantly poking his nose in

That might work, I do agree there needs to be a buffer between the owner and manager. It would be a more professional way instead of just idle chit-chat on a 4 hour Skype session to Malaysia

Sun May 01, 2016 8:15 am

BracklaBlue72 wrote:I think it's time for Slade to move upstairs. He's proved that he can deal with Tan and that's massively important, if Slade does all the dealings with Tan then maybe he can be the buffer between hm and a new manager/ head coach... If the new manager reports to Slade as opposed to Tan then maybe we can attract decent applicants. Let's face it, not many decent managers would want to work under conditions where tan is constantly poking his nose in

Aye, move him upstairs to the Ricoh suite where he can collect glasses or something.

Sun May 01, 2016 8:24 am

One of the lowest transfer budgets ?

Maybe this year but over the years that team has cost a fortune to assemble in transfer and agency fees . Add on his loan payments and it is probably one of the most expensive to assemble

We probably have the 2 most expensive centre backs in the league

Sun May 01, 2016 8:31 am

Sorry Vince,but I see slade as the new Dave Jones.yes slade had limited budget but how to you explain our inconsistency in the league.Some very odd decisions in team selection and substitutions and no plan B......unable to break down teams at the bottom of the league.??

Sun May 01, 2016 8:33 am

Small transfer budget maybe but what he had he wasted and no doubt our wage budget isn't one of the lowest.

Has made the best of what we have, tactically clueless. As predicable as they come.

He has to go.

Sun May 01, 2016 8:37 am

BUT He had good players he could have played at various stages of the season and he did not.Also he seemed to get his best formation when he was FORCED to make changes.He might be a nice man but just has not got the contacts and knowledge at this level

Sun May 01, 2016 8:52 am

Sorry Vince but I think your opinion is crackers. The football has been dull the tactics have stuck in the 1980s and Slade has proved he is unable to move with the times and fans have voted with their feet.

Time for Slade to move on and give a younger hungrier manager a go

Sun May 01, 2016 8:56 am

I fully understand what Vince is trying to say in that we were unlucky with injuries at vital times. Also Slade has progressed the team to 7th from last years 11th place finish and the expectation for next season now is to move into the top 6.

Further he has done all this on the back of cost cutting and losing players from under his nose along with the handicap of a player embargo and zero transfer budget.

I fully agree with all the above.

Flip side has RS made mistakes?

Of course he has and if he is to stay then he must address those mistakes next season.

Firstly he is to defensive minded and the sum of his ambition very week is not to lose, rather than gamble and try and win. This is especially true against lower teams like MK Dons etc.

Personally I think he has this mind set due to our chronic lack of a striker capable of putting the ball in the net. His reasoning is we will struggle to score so it is doubly important that we don't concede.

Secondly he has to vary his tactics. The Noone cutting in from the right and shooting time and again has run it's course because every team we play will have been briefed on this and they would have worked on nullifying it's effect.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be tried at some point, but not week in week out. I would love to see a balanced front 3 as we had against Brighton in that fantastic 4-1 win.

He also needs to work on his half time talk or let someone else do it. The number of times we have gone out and played well to brilliant for the first 45 minutes only to completely collapse in the second half is criminal.

Finally we have to look at the off the field job he has done. He seems to be able to work with VT and that is a very good positive. His salary is affordable and that has to be a consideration if looking for a replacement.

For me it is pointless employing someone on a salary 8 times higher than Slade's just to get us into the same position as we are now, or even lower. We could possibly go higher but given all the mitigating factors it is hard to see how any other manager would have done any better this season.

I would give RS a one year contract with options to extend providing he address his shortcomings.

Sun May 01, 2016 2:06 pm

Hit the nail on the head no budget at all to work with and I don't see any other manager doing better :sladein:

Even if tan was prepared to spare what would be to him a few coppers could we spend it with the fair play rules :old: