Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Slade is doing well, fickle fans "

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:22 pm

So in my opinion Russell Slade has done a good job since joining our club under difficult conditions with a deluded owner, he has finished in a respectable position on a shoe string budget, we could easily have gone down the way the club was going, yet he's turned it around and so has the club, they are working with the fans to put things right and I've enjoyed this season and I'm looking forward to next season, many of our fan base have a warped sense of expectation and entitlement.
Well done Russell Slade and the teamyou have been hounded and booed all season but I really don't think you deserve the hate, far from it.

Re: " Slade is doing well, fickle fans "

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:36 pm

Spot on. Cardiff are a mid championship club at best. Not sure why so many fans expect us to be premier league. The vast majority if our history has been spent slogging it out in the doldrums of the football league. Well done Slade. Fantastic achievement finishing just outside play offs

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:57 pm

llanishen_bluebird wrote:So in my opinion Russell Slade has done a good job since joining our club under difficult conditions with a deluded owner, he has finished in a respectable position on a shoe string budget, we could easily have gone down the way the club was going, yet he's turned it around and so has the club, they are working with the fans to put things right and I've enjoyed this season and I'm looking forward to next season, many of our fan base have a warped sense of expectation and entitlement.
Well done Russell Slade and the teamyou have been hounded and booed all season but I really don't think you deserve the hate, far from it.

All of my posts tonight mirror what has been said above. Spot on :thumbup:

Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:39 pm

So anyone that wants Slade out is branded a "fickle fan"
:laughing5: :roll:

Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:00 pm

I'm not fickle. I've wanted him out since it became very clear early into his time here that he wasn't up to the task. The task being to try to get us promoted.

If fans are happy with bumbling along each season with a stated aim at the start of the season of "maybe" getting nto the top six then no doubt he's a fine choice.

I'd like to know if any of the Slade fans genuinely think he can get us promoted and what they've seen from the team this season to suggest that he can?

Would you trust him with a transfer fund to buy new players? What evidence is there that he could identify the players with the talent to get the club to progress?

Sun May 01, 2016 6:51 am

Penyfai Blue wrote:So anyone that wants Slade out is branded a "fickle fan"

This place is laughable at times. We can dish it out but not take it.

We can't say "fickle fans" but on the flip side we can say "plastic fans" when they don't turn up.

Oddly the plastic fans are only reacting with their non attendance on the poor football that the "fickle fans" are now talking about.

More in common than you may think.

Sun May 01, 2016 9:16 am

Wayne S wrote:
Penyfai Blue wrote:So anyone that wants Slade out is branded a "fickle fan"

This place is laughable at times. We can dish it out but not take it.

We can't say "fickle fans" but on the flip side we can say "plastic fans" when they don't turn up.

Oddly the plastic fans are only reacting with their non attendance on the poor football that the "fickle fans" are now talking about.

More in common than you may think.

You're right, this place is laughable at times, even pathetic.

To label all fans that want Slade out "fickle" is laughable. I've never liked his style of football and have always thought he is out of his depth. If we are to move forward and get the crowds back, he needs to be replaced. But that's my opinion and always has been.

To label all fans who don't attend anymore "plastic" is also laughable. Many fans are staying away for many reasons, be it financial, work or family commitments, style of football, Tan or whatever the reasons. It's their decision and I hope they're able to return soon.