Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Should Russell Slade be our Manager next season ?

You may select 1 option

View results

OK End of season Poll regarding Slade

Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:36 pm

Should he be our manager next season ?

Re: OK End of season Poll regarding Slade

Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:38 pm

Yes we had a good season under restrictions Slade has been under and should build on from this season. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:30 pm

Not for me. He has done the job required of him this season, but he's a tactical dinosaur and won't give the youngsters a chance. We have played some of the worst football since the old fourth division days under his reign and people are voting with their feet.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:26 pm

Fickle are us. Shite support and revel in failure.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:30 pm

100% YES :ayatollah: :sladein:

Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:14 pm

A decent manager would have got us in top 6 easy, we have the players,I voted out we need a young manager to progress.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:44 pm

We've been over this many, many times and for me it's a big no.
Can't be arsed to go through all the reasons again, it's been debated to death but I hope he's gone soon but I fear he'll get be offered to stay.

Sun May 01, 2016 12:21 am

I can't believe im saying this but yes, you got to put things into perspective, we was in it right up to the last but one game of the season even though today was poor if we get rid and we have nothing to play for with 10 games left next season your all be eating your words and wish we still had him to build on this season!!!

Sun May 01, 2016 6:39 am

I would of sacked him after Shrewsbury, but then again I would probably be the worst owner in the football league up there with Cellino :twisted: :ayatollah:

Sun May 01, 2016 6:57 am

Depends what the club's ambitions are. If they are looking at someone who can keep us up while continuing to slash costs, Slade will be as capable as anyone else we can get on similar wages. If the club want a serious crack at Premier League football, why would they keep a manager who has never succeeded in getting a club promoted despite being in the game for a very long time.

Sun May 01, 2016 8:41 am

Without a doubt no.

Sun May 01, 2016 8:47 am

The guy is a dinasour who has NEVER taking a team to promotion after almost 800 games!!!!!!! Hmmmm let me think......NO get rid and get a manager with some hunger and someone with modern thinking.The fans have never taken to him and next season will be no difference GET RID NOW

Sun May 01, 2016 8:49 am

It will be time to say goodbye to Teflon Russell after the Birmingham game next Saturday.

Sun May 01, 2016 9:20 am

I must admit i'm concerned if Russell Slade stays in charge next season. Our position in the league is not a consequence of him being manager but the quality we have in the squad. David Marshall has saved us at least 15 or more points this season and without him i think we would have ended up mid table. Let's not beat around the bush here,t his squad has carried Slade imo and made him look better than he actually is, yeah he's a great guy the players love him blah blah but he isn't good enough. The next round of cost cutting is due in the summer, we are told that Manga/Fabio maybe Marshall maybe on the move. As the quality in the squad drops we will begin to see Slade's real limitations appear and it will be too late.

Sun May 01, 2016 9:24 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:Yes we had a good season under restrictions Slade has been under and should build on from this season. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

So Rydossccfc you've changed your mind again first you wanted him in then at the start then pre xmas you stated you were wrong and wanted him gone now you saying he should stay :?: :digging2:

Sun May 01, 2016 9:33 am

I accept many of the criticisms of RS.

However, on balance he should be given another 12 month contract because he has steadied the ship and got us within one place of the play-off positions.

Also no-one is looking at the financial picture. It is my belief that VT has an exit plan which involves reducing the debt by £8m per season between now and 2021 when he will go with the club debt free.

That means we have to live within our means and we can no longer rack up debt or breach FFP. If we are to make signings then we have to generate the money ourselves and with season ticket sales falling and parachute payments going the same way that is unlikely. I would imagine there will be some player sales this summer but realistically we will need most of the money generated for day to day running of the club.

RS has proved he can operate under such circumstances. Would an unproven 'young hungry manager' be able to do that?

This club is in a long transitional period and that is not changing anytime soon.

Sun May 01, 2016 9:35 am

binero wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:Yes we had a good season under restrictions Slade has been under and should build on from this season. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

So Rydossccfc you've changed your mind again first you wanted him in then at the start then pre xmas you stated you were wrong and wanted him gone now you saying he should stay :?: :digging2:

Is that really unusual?

I have changed my mind several times during ONE match :lol:

Sun May 01, 2016 9:38 am

Agree to fyour irst part however i don't believe he can take us forward, for me Bellers, it would be a gamble but one i would take :bluebird:

Sun May 01, 2016 9:39 am

Neokutai wrote:I must admit i'm concerned if Russell Slade stays in charge next season. Our position in the league is not a consequence of him being manager but the quality we have in the squad. David Marshall has saved us at least 15 or more points this season and without him i think we would have ended up mid table. Let's not beat around the bush here,t his squad has carried Slade imo and made him look better than he actually is, yeah he's a great guy the players love him blah blah but he isn't good enough. The next round of cost cutting is due in the summer, we are told that Manga/Fabio maybe Marshall maybe on the move. As the quality in the squad drops we will begin to see Slade's real limitations appear and it will be too late.

You can make the completely opposite argument that RS has been hampered by not having a decent striker. Marshall is paid to stop shots.

BTW has been sent off and let in a few howlers this season as well.

Sun May 01, 2016 9:41 am

taken us as far as he can,but time for a change . :bluescarf:

Sun May 01, 2016 9:45 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Neokutai wrote:I must admit i'm concerned if Russell Slade stays in charge next season. Our position in the league is not a consequence of him being manager but the quality we have in the squad. David Marshall has saved us at least 15 or more points this season and without him i think we would have ended up mid table. Let's not beat around the bush here,t his squad has carried Slade imo and made him look better than he actually is, yeah he's a great guy the players love him blah blah but he isn't good enough. The next round of cost cutting is due in the summer, we are told that Manga/Fabio maybe Marshall maybe on the move. As the quality in the squad drops we will begin to see Slade's real limitations appear and it will be too late.

You can make the completely opposite argument that RS has been hampered by not having a decent striker. Marshall is paid to stop shots.

Every keeper has a few clangers but he's saved more points than cost. Russell being hampered by not having decent striker is his own fault. He's brought in about 6 since he's been here.

Sun May 01, 2016 9:48 am

Luckily for the Slade the club will have no regard for this poll at all.

He should be judged on everything he's done for the club and not just the starting eleven on a saturday.

Judging by the expertise on here we should be the best run club in the country.

Alot of fans would like to see another Malky type as manager as he does the best fist pumps but even he will admit theres more to running the biggest club in the country than picking a starting eleven. :lol: :lol:

Sun May 01, 2016 9:48 am

Maerdy boy wrote:taken us as far as he can,but time for a change . :bluescarf:

Totally agree! :digging2:

Sun May 01, 2016 10:09 am

He's done a great job this year but I was against his appointment to begin with and I am still against it now. There is nothing in his record to suggest he's good enough to manager at this level. He will not get us promoted, no Slade team will get promoted into the Premier league. I wish him all the best and like I said he's done a cracking job here and exceeded my low expectations but it's bye bye Russell for me.

Sun May 01, 2016 10:31 am

Still out for me .1st season without a season ticket for many years.The times I have gone down this year Slades tactics & substitution have left a lot to be desired.one or two games where we played well but the rest we looked lack lustre . Won't be renewing next season probably not again until he goes!

Sun May 01, 2016 11:03 am

Neokutai wrote:

Every keeper has a few clangers but he's saved more points than cost. Russell being hampered by not having decent striker is his own fault. He's brought in about 6 since he's been here.

It's true that Slade has begged stole or borrowed a number of strikers. But again you ignore the fact he had little money especially when compared with MM & OGS.

Ravell, Doyle, Watt, Saadi, Immers and Zohore are the strikers to join under RS. Saadi has been injured nearly all season, Watt fell through due to a transfer embargo whilst Doyle and Ravell were low cost punts which didn't pay off.

Add the fees for all 6 would probably come to not much more than a million pounds, which is small when compared to the hash buys of the 2 previous managers.

The point about Marshall was that he HAS cost points this season. He may have saved some points this season and overall has saved more than he has cost, but those errors have to be factored in and can't be completely ignored.

Sun May 01, 2016 11:09 am

He done well to steady the ship but if we're going to progress next season a change is needed.

Sun May 01, 2016 11:11 am

binero wrote:

I'm not the only one. :thumbup: :wave:

Sun May 01, 2016 11:12 am

binero wrote:

Is that really unusual?

I have changed my mind several times during ONE match :lol:

Same here. :oops: :laughing6:

Sun May 01, 2016 11:29 am

IMO, I think Slade has to go. With the squad we've got, we should be finishing in the top 6 without a doubt. I'm not Slades biggest fan, but whatever the score or performance, I will always support Slade and the team. Also, I will admit that he has done very well with the budget he's had and with the transfer embargo. But, I still think he should go because he hasn't brought any of our U21/U18 players into the first team, he's given a few players a game or two in the cup completions and he's given Kadeem a few minutes against Bolton and yesterday, but that's not enough. For that reason, next season, I'd be more than happy if we finish mid table as long as we bring in 4-5 players from our U21/U18 and then challenge for promotion the season after.

This is just my opinion.