Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Should Russell Slade be our Manager next season ?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: OK End of season Poll regarding Slade

Sun May 01, 2016 1:13 pm

No get rid of him

Sun May 01, 2016 3:49 pm

Just not good enough at this level :sladeout:

Sun May 01, 2016 4:29 pm

Get rid of him,he has punched above his weight this season and that is a fair bit of weight.

Sun May 01, 2016 5:17 pm

blue lagoon wrote:Fickle are us. Shite support and revel in failure.

Worst centre forward I have ever seen. Another Russ failure.

Sun May 01, 2016 5:37 pm

Vince should not be allowed to vote 21 times :old:

Sun May 01, 2016 5:56 pm

Russell Slade has managed 760 games for 8 club(s) and has 0 honours to his name.

this is from manager stats website
steadied the ship but will never excel. time to move on

:sladeout:

Sun May 01, 2016 6:21 pm

Get rid! Sick of tired of seeing dull, turgid football and a man that doesn't give youth a chance. If Malone is better than John, then I'm a Dutchman.

Sun May 01, 2016 6:22 pm

Uncle Bryn wrote:Russell Slade has managed 760 games for 8 club(s) and has 0 honours to his name.

this is from manager stats website
steadied the ship but will never excel. time to move on

:sladeout:

The trouble is tan might want to steady the ship again and it will be slade or a slade type manager to do it not a name manager imo

Sun May 01, 2016 6:39 pm

No time to leave.

Some of the football over the course of the season made me dread going for a while.

Shit leauge has made us finish in a respectable position but under Slade it will be bottom half battle for us next season.

Sun May 01, 2016 7:06 pm

Don't need to break the bank but a up and coming manager who is hungry and will play the game in the right way.mthat is the job of the CEO to get that right man. If you can do that then success will follow. Those Clubs that have achieved the above are all doing well IE Bournmouth, the Jerks, Watford, to name a few.
Slade as said above has done better than I thought but as also said he has had a very good squad. But he has proved time and again he is tactically inept. Thanks Russ I know you are a genuine guy but I do feel to progress we need to change.

Sun May 01, 2016 8:09 pm

I have not cast a vote in this poll.
On the one hand.....RSs tactics; poor use or non use of subs (eg Brentford!); very dubious player purchases; lack of passion etc make it impossible for me to vote Stay.
On the other hand the players seem to give their best for him (most of the time); he appears to have been good at getting rid of players but keeping the others motivated. And he has done quite well. We will finish 7th or 8th.

Most imp of all he proved me completely wrong as I thought we would just avoid relegation under him. So I cant vote Out
Personally I WOULD PREFER A YOUNGER MORE INSPIRING MANAGER. I do not think we will do any better next season with RS in charge - but as I said, He proved me wrong last year! ..... :thumbup: :bluebird:

Maybe it depends on what money VT makes available...

Sun May 01, 2016 9:03 pm

No.....for once could Tan do right by this club, without the need to beg and protest.

Slade out, Warnock in

Sun May 01, 2016 9:07 pm

Get rid now!

Sun May 01, 2016 10:02 pm

I'd like to see someone like Warnock or maybe Nigel Pearson.

Mon May 02, 2016 8:57 am

84% want Slade gone

Mon May 02, 2016 11:18 am

I have supported Slade all season as I think he has done well this season and I do not agree that we have a squad of players that were good enough with any manager to get us in the top 6.

I would like to think Slade will get a few players in and he will get us to the next level however I wouldn't put my house on it.

I think it is sad that so many supporters want him gone and even though only just over 160 took part 83% is a high amount
for him to go and I know from talking to many supporters on match day that most supporters want him gone.

Even though I have supported him after the Shrewsbury game I wanted him gone too but my main concern is if we sack Slade
what decent manager would work under Tan? so really we would have to gamble on a manager and maybe in a worse position we are now also not just Slade should go all of the coaches Trollop as well has to go.

I voted yes as I think while Tan is there we wont get a decent manager so maybe better with what we got

Mon May 02, 2016 3:59 pm

As I said in a previous thread when Russell Slade described the Wednesday game as a "bad day at the office" I was suppressed at his comments because A game of this magnitude you don't have "Bad day at the office" you have "We went down fighting and gave every ounce" This is why I am not a Slade fan. He has zero ambition and he does not know how to achieve success. And he is to old to start learning now.

Mon May 02, 2016 5:57 pm

Out now for me, no ST for first time since 2003 and won't get one next year if he's still in charge.
We need a more flexible manager who can react accordingly during a game.

Mon May 02, 2016 6:00 pm

Valley Lad wrote:Out now for me, no ST for first time since 2003 and won't get one next year if he's still in charge.

Im not renewing because the pies taste crap in the stadium

Im not renewing till the beer is 100% beer

Im not renewing because I don't like this or that

How modern football has changed the fans thinking huh :laughing6:

Mon May 02, 2016 6:54 pm

Time for a change. He's done a good job under some tough circumstances, but we need someone who will push us on. We also need someone the fans will take to as that's never really happened with Slade I'm afraid.

Mon May 02, 2016 9:41 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
Valley Lad wrote:Out now for me, no ST for first time since 2003 and won't get one next year if he's still in charge.

Im not renewing because the pies taste crap in the stadium

Im not renewing till the beer is 100% beer

Im not renewing because I don't like this or that

How modern football has changed the fans thinking huh :laughing6:

Did you actually read the post? :lol:

Big clue.......2003?

I 100% agree with your last sentence though! modern football has changed! the whole match day experience has changed and not for the better. The pubs in Canton don't have the same craic, the ground itself lacks the buzz meaning the atmosphere is poor most of the time. The football under Slade for the most part has been disappointing at best. Our away support which at one stage was there to be recognised is now also slipping away.

The poll results suggest at least 8 out of 10 want him gone.I respect some fans will keep turning up regardless, others want some excitement and entertainment . Slade's football doesn't fall into the second category.