Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

fortune favours the brave

Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:34 pm

Can I firstly just say this isnt a witch hunt agaisnt Slade just my honest opinion on where he has fallen short and why we need a new manager.

Agreed we are missing a 20 goal a season striker. Agreed Slade has had to let some high earners go.

He's spent around 1.2 million on Doyle and Revell and sent them both on loan. Ameobi!!!! Malone and Peltier. I honesty believe we have better in Fabio and John. Long story short he has kept the majority of our best players and his transfer dealings have been awful. Do I trust him to invest the transfer kitty from the sale of Marshall, Manga Etc. No!

He hasn't once given youth a try this season, even though we haven't had any strikers. Do I see him using the Acdemy\development players next season? No

On to his negative tactics. Who knows if we would have made the play offs playing more attacking! At least we could have said we gave it a real go! I thought the standing ovation at the end of the Leeds home game proved the City faithful appreciated the effort and his\teams attacking attitude. Even though we lost, I genuinely thought we had a chance of making it after the Brighton, Bristol and Leeds performances. Then for some reason Slade reverted back to his negative tactics and we put in the whimper performances against Fulham, QPR, Brentford, Bolton and today.

Well done to Shef Wed they deserve to be there but they did leave the door ajar and we were not brave enough to go for it.

Thank you for your efforts Mr Slade but we need a new manager and i would like to see a passionate Neil Warnock have a go!!!