Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Let's be honest

Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:49 pm

I was gutted along with all other City supporters with the performance and the eventual score line today. But let's be honest and say how many of us would have bet a few bob on City knocking on the door to the play offs at the beginning of the season? Especially when you take into account the mess left over from Ole's reign as manager. I along with thousands of other supporters have called for Russell Slade to be fired on more than one occasion. But ending a season in seventh position is a lot better than the mid table positon i would have thought at the beginning of the season. I also think that the current squad is just not good enough to challenge for promotion no matter who is manager. All i can hope for now is that Vincent Tann makes funds available for a serious promotion challenge in the 2016-17 campanign. Because without adequate funding for team strengthening next season we could well be fighting a relegation battle no matter who is manager.

Re: Let's be honest

Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:05 pm

It's the manner of the performance today that makes me sick. We should of been flying in to the Wednesday today and from the stand I saw none of it, disgrace to the shirt today.

Re: Let's be honest

Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:15 pm

Let's be honest the players and management both bottled it....

We got ourselves in a fantastic position after beating Derby and drawing at Burnley but have been absolute garbage in the last 5 games and were hammered today by a completely out of form team under huge pressure to deliver from their fans