Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' IT IS NOT THE RESULT BUT THE PERFORMANCE THAT '

Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:28 pm

' IT IS NOT THE RESULT BUT THE PERFORMANCE THAT HURTS THE MOST '

As much as I have been happy with our position overall as I didn't expect to be in with a chance of the play offs at this stage of the season, what I saw today was a tactically inept performance from our team and that hurts the most.

I defended the side last week when others were critical of us, only managing to beat Bolton with a last gasp penalty, but the players fought and kept going.

Today we didn't put the shift in that was required as a basic requirement and that is something as fans we deserve.

Being beaten by anyone hurts but losing to rival in such a big game with little fight is harder to swallow.

What concerned me most was the decision to tell every midfielder to not close the ball down when Wednesday were in possession of it.

It is fine and dandy to keep your shape but to not put a foot in when the opposition are two yards in front of you is just bizarre.

It must have been an instruction as a tactic because not once did I see our manager or coaches scream or shout at the midfielders for not closing down.

We offered very little up front, the midfield struggled to cope with the movement and pace of Wednesday's players throughout the whole game.

The City fans sang throughout the ninety minutes and were a credit to the club this afternoon and looking around the stand at full time it was easy to see how hurt everyone was at the performance.

It is not just today's result or performance that hurts but the recent run of games where we have let ourselves down badly.

I am sure I saw a few players feature for the final time for Ciry away from home at least as I expect a few of today's team will be gone in the summer.

Today was always going to be difficult but I do feel let down and disappointed.

Where was the fight ?

Re: ' IT IS NOT THE RESULT BUT THE PERFORMANCE THAT '

Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:30 pm

Noone Pilkington Ameobi Dikagcoi can all go and get some pacy players in to replace them or bring the youth through.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:35 pm

Slade in out or shake it all about Ryan which fence are u now

Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:36 pm

DEANO wrote:Slade in out or shake it all about Ryan which fence are u now

:sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :wave:

Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:12 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Noone Pilkington Ameobi Dikagcoi can all go and get some pacy players in to replace them or bring the youth through.

Agree with all apart from Pilkington I'd like to see him stay

Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:13 pm

Today went exactly as I expected. I had forecast 3-0 to Wednesday on the match thread on this forum early in the week. That was not because I think Wednesday are three goals better than us, but because I knew we would not put in a proper shift. This team is nowhere near good enough for Premier League football, and the players and management know it. If by some miracle we had been promoted, most if not all of these players would be looking for a new club, and millions would have to spent on replacements, agents fees etc just to get us to be able to remotely compete at the next level. This club is all about operating on a smaller scale, lower costs and cheaper players. I think it will be a good few years before we will be seriously looking at promotion.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:23 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Today went exactly as I expected. I had forecast 3-0 to Wednesday on the match thread on this forum early in the week. That was not because I think Wednesday are three goals better than us, but because I knew we would not put in a proper shift. This team is nowhere near good enough for Premier League football, and the players and management know it. If by some miracle we had been promoted, most if not all of these players would be looking for a new club, and millions would have to spent on replacements, agents fees etc just to get us to be able to remotely compete at the next level. This club is all about operating on a smaller scale, lower costs and cheaper players. I think it will be a good few years before we will be seriously looking at promotion.

I agree, the club will be looking to build in the Championship for the next 4 or 5 years. If we ever challenge seriously again I think the club "may" be in a position in 5 to 10 years time.
We are a championship ship club with low to average championship home and away crowds, the City is not a huge football City as we may be thought it was.
With Wales already having an established Premier League club locally, I can't see many sugar daddies queuing up to get us back to the big time. Tan has already done this and it blew up in his face so I don't think he will be rushing to do this again any time soon :bluebird:

Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:28 pm

PROMOTION TO THE PREMIERSHIP will be worth over £100 million, I am baffled that TAN was just not interested enough to invest something in the club, instead of stripping it bare, a big joke !

Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:38 pm

riley1951 wrote:PROMOTION TO THE PREMIERSHIP will be worth over £100 million, I am baffled that TAN was just not interested enough to invest something in the club, instead of stripping it bare, a big joke !

You are right enough about the money available. I don't think the PL clubs will actually be much better off though, players wages will become even more obscene as will agents fees. The cost of buying players will go up, and nothing much will change. The problem will be that relegated clubs will have players on even bigger wages than happens right now, and as we have seen in the past, relegation from the PL can lead to serious financial difficulties. The money is big, but so are the risks.

Sun May 01, 2016 12:38 am

[quote="riley1951"]PROMOTION TO THE PREMIERSHIP will be worth over £100 million, I am baffled that TAN was just not interested enough to invest something in the club, instead of stripping it bare, a big joke ![/quo

Tan has not invested 'something in the club' - I'll have a pint of whatever you are drinking. :lol:

Sun May 01, 2016 9:28 am

DEANO i asked him that in another post he just cannot make is mind up :sladeout:

Sun May 01, 2016 9:49 am

mugsy wrote:
riley1951 wrote:PROMOTION TO THE PREMIERSHIP will be worth over £100 million, I am baffled that TAN was just not interested enough to invest something in the club, instead of stripping it bare, a big joke ![/quo

Tan has not invested 'something in the club' - I'll have a pint of whatever you are drinking. :lol:

So you missed the bit about righting off £64m of debt?

Whichever definition you want to use £64m would definitely qualify as 'something' :?

Sun May 01, 2016 12:11 pm

binero wrote:

DEANO i asked him that in another post he just cannot make is mind up :sladeout:

I don't have to explain what side i'm on look to the right and there's your answer. :thumbup:

Sun May 01, 2016 1:04 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
binero wrote:

I don't have to explain what side i'm on look to the right and there's your answer. :thumbup:

To be fair though that photo to the right will probably be replaced with a Slade Out smilie next week. ;)

Sun May 01, 2016 6:29 pm

Went to my first away game of the season yesterday. What a let down! No fight! Totally inept! Bizarre team selection for the starting line up and the bench! I couldn't believe how poor we were, 6-0 would have been a more fair score line.
Slade has over achieved this season, but a Manager with more tactical nous would have seen us put on a much better display than that garbage yesterday. Really disappointed and was a long journey home.

Mon May 02, 2016 8:05 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
binero wrote:

To be fair though that photo to the right will probably be replaced with a Slade Out smilie next week. ;)

Or a bring back Ole sticker. He doesn't know himself.
#manchild

Mon May 02, 2016 4:03 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
binero wrote:

Or a bring back Ole sticker. He doesn't know himself.
#manchild

I'm not that bad. :lol: :wave:

Mon May 02, 2016 4:04 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
binero wrote:

Wanna bet?