Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MY VIEW TODAY " WE HAVE ONLY OURSELVES TO BLAME & NOT J

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:15 pm

bluebird58 wrote:Slade in :sladein:

He's done more than enough to have another crack at it next year. What he's achieved since January is amazing really, considering he had 3 strikers removed from the club (4 if you add Revell).

We've nearly been a good team this year, and our 7th or 8th place reflects this. It's been a good rather than a great season, and I hope Russell Slade gets a chance to improve on it next season.

If we want to stay still and be mediocre but with an any stadium Slades your man, if u want to move forward Slade has to go now.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:21 pm

valleyrambill wrote:No manager would have got this squad higher in the league , we have to face it the club is a mess but not anyway near as it was under previous managers and maybe just maybe Tan and the club are now trying to build the club and start building
learning from dreadful costly mistakes of the past.

I am not happy in the way we lost today actually quite disgusted with the players as they clearly didn't play well as Sheff Wed deserved it I would have been ok with a 1-0 loss but 3-0 I feel for the 1000 supporters who had to pay all that money to go and get let down by the players & Slade but Slade can not have all the blame it sounds to me as certain players have to go they are not good enough or just turn up for the good wages they are on.

Plus we have no strikers not decent ones anyway so I have to say at the beginning of the season I would have been happy with 10th but we got 7th and took it to the end sadly a poor finish when we needed a big performance .

I do not want marshal sold but he can not be captain next season
Okeef has been great this season so has Pilks his hard work and determination and changing position been great however I cannot shout about many more some of them quite average and did a job some others need to go.

Slade has to be giving money and then by xmas we are still poor then I will agree slade out but he has had no money in a very difficult position had to save money and got us just off the play offs that's not bad

I disagree, Slade inherited a very good squad and def good enough to make top 6.
Slade has done better than I thought he would do,but thats because I thought we would be in a relegation battle under him, but lets be honest if we want to move forward then we need a manager with ambition.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

He's done more than enough to have another crack at it next year. What he's achieved since January is amazing really, considering he had 3 strikers removed from the club (4 if you add Revell).

We've nearly been a good team this year, and our 7th or 8th place reflects this. It's been a good rather than a great season, and I hope Russell Slade gets a chance to improve on it next season.

If we want to stay still and be mediocre but with an any stadium Slades your man, if u want to move forward Slade has to go now.

i tend to agree annis, as do most comentators if want stay in championship around mid table skades your man but to progress he needs to go!l and listening to his comments after game got impression he is going, as said before everyone can see his limitations and weaknesses especially dalman and choo?

Sun May 01, 2016 7:02 am

erinsown wrote:We beat them 3-1 with yellow cards

Another positive :thumbup:

:lol:

Sun May 01, 2016 7:03 am

oxfordblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:I think the supporters ambitions were higher than those who run the club. Next season will be the same. More cost cutting while ensuring we retain our Championship status.

Steve, Sadly I feel the same way how I see the club going

If we start giving the young players a go with a young progressive managing I have no problem but if we keep using journeymen treading water its going to be miserable

Thats one of my main problems with Slade,was hardly ever letting our younger players have a chance.

Sun May 01, 2016 7:04 am

oxfordblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:My View/Opinion

" WE HAVE ONLY OURSELVES TO BLAME AND NOT JUST "

We have only ourselves to blame and not just for todays loss,but for many previous games where like today we just sat back and did nothing for the majority of the game.

For me our fans did not deserve this and I hope many players are shipped out this Summer including Russell Slade.

For me City stood off in the first half and allowed Sheffield Wednesday to attack,that was not what I was expecting from a team that needed to win.

Sheffield Wednesday deserved today's win and Slade should look at his tactics.

Cardiff fans had sung their hearts out :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 3 CARDIFF CITY 0

Crowd 31,843
Away Support 1,010 incl 50 comps

Marshall, Peltier, Malone, Connolly, Morrison, Dikgacoi, O'Keefe, Whittingham, Noone, Zohore, Pilkington.

Subs: Moore, Turner, Manga, Gunnarsson, Harris, Lawrence, Ameobi.

Over 1,000 Cardiff fans had followed the Bluebirds today and they knew nothing less than a victory today and it would be goodbye to our play-off hopes once and for all.
So it was simple, a win for City and we were still in with a chance,a draw or win for Wednesday and they were guaranteed the play-offs.

Sheffield Wednesday attacked City from the start and City laid back.

Pilkington got injured early on and after dragging around for 9minutes came off in the 20th minute to be replaced by Sammy Ameobi.

Wednesday continued to press forward and with Marshall beaten,thankfully hit the post.

Game got a bit fiesty with both teams going in hard,O'Keefe booked.

After 40 mins, it had mainly been Wednesday,but had had a few chances.

To be fair Ameobi had played well, Zohore quite.

Half-time Sheff Wed 0 Cardiff City 0

City started to play a bit better.

61st min Morrison went off injured and was replaced by Manga.

64th min Sheff Wed scored,but in all honesty they deserved it 1-0 :cry:

74th min and a hollower by David Marshall made it 2-0 Wednesday :cry: :cry:

This finally hurt the City faithful and their heads went down knowing it was all over :cry:

94th min,Wednesday scored a 3rd to make matters even worse.

Wednesday have deservedly beaten us today.

Full-time Sheff Wed 3 Cardiff City 0

Up next Birmingham City home next Saturday 12.30pm :ayatollah:

Nothing new with this and will continue as long
as RS is in charge.

If he went now there would be a surge of supporters
Renewing season tickets.

Will the club see that or not!

Fair comment Karl, We've still only sold 10,000 for next season at very very cheap prices

And how many of those will turn up each week if Slade remains in charge

Unless the club shows they aim to really go for promotion next season, the crowds once again will be awful and it will be back to give free tickets out again to everyone.

Sun May 01, 2016 7:06 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

i tend to agree annis, as do most comentators if want stay in championship around mid table skades your man but to progress he needs to go!l and listening to his comments after game got impression he is going, as said before everyone can see his limitations and weaknesses especially dalman and choo?

Allan,Dalman and Choo both saw that Slade has to many limitations to progress.

Sun May 01, 2016 9:30 am

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Several good managers out of work semi decent wage + good bonus will work as we are a good catch despite what people may think, If not any up and coming young manager will jump at opportunity to manage us that's for sure. :thumbup:

Sun May 01, 2016 9:36 am

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

What really bothers me about Slade is that he sets us up not to lose rather than to win , that's his tactics every game he just hopes we stay in the game then hopefully pinch a goal , he's not good enough tactically the cost cutting he's done isn't as bad as he likes to bring up all the time. Yes he didn't have much money to spend but he at his disposal he's got the best goalkeeper outside the Premiership and 2 centre backs (Manga/Morrison )who cost alot of money, he's got some of the championship winning side still here (Whitts,Gunnarsson,Connoly) . He's got a good squad to work with but I feel he hasn't used them correctly his best sides have been when he's been forced ito changing personel (rememberO'Keefe and Manga weren't getting a look in until there was injury/suspension) .
For me Slade needs to be replaced at end of the season , as I fear with more cost cutting likely to happen and the players we are likely to lose (Manga,Marshall etc) that with Slade signing the players we will be lower down the table than this season

Sun May 01, 2016 9:41 am

Spades tactics are already in place before a ball is kicked. How many times do we see his 75th minute sub (almost every single game) just like Dave Jones and his rigid 4-4-2 both managers were dinasours time to move on with a younger hungrier manager

Sun May 01, 2016 9:48 am

Hey lads, really surprised how poor you guys were yesterday, we were expecting a much tougher game. No disrespect. As it is, we're complete outsiders anyway so I do see quite a big chance we'll be back playing each other next season.

I'm sure you'll rebuild and have another good go at it next season.

Sun May 01, 2016 11:24 am

Slade is shit. He has the squad. Stop blaming Tan.
Warnock would have us beat Sheffield Wednesday with smarter faster play. Saadi would have been on the bench. Trollope wants to play football, Slade wants to talk us to death.
Those supporters who want to desert "the city", catch your taxi
with Slade!!

Sun May 01, 2016 12:37 pm

darran1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

What really bothers me about Slade is that he sets us up not to lose rather than to win , that's his tactics every game he just hopes we stay in the game then hopefully pinch a goal , he's not good enough tactically the cost cutting he's done isn't as bad as he likes to bring up all the time. Yes he didn't have much money to spend but he at his disposal he's got the best goalkeeper outside the Premiership and 2 centre backs (Manga/Morrison )who cost alot of money, he's got some of the championship winning side still here (Whitts,Gunnarsson,Connoly) . He's got a good squad to work with but I feel he hasn't used them correctly his best sides have been when he's been forced ito changing personel (rememberO'Keefe and Manga weren't getting a look in until there was injury/suspension) .
For me Slade needs to be replaced at end of the season , as I fear with more cost cutting likely to happen and the players we are likely to lose (Manga,Marshall etc) that with Slade signing the players we will be lower down the table than this season

Darren, thats the problem, he's been playing a boring game and trying to set the games not to lose and they've looked like we haven't been going for the wins.
I don't feel he has used the squad to its potential either.

Sun May 01, 2016 12:38 pm

Aberbeeg Blues wrote:Spades tactics are already in place before a ball is kicked. How many times do we see his 75th minute sub (almost every single game) just like Dave Jones and his rigid 4-4-2 both managers were dinasours time to move on with a younger hungrier manager

Most managers work him out and Slade can't change the game then.

Sun May 01, 2016 12:38 pm

116 city fan! wrote:Slade is shit. He has the squad. Stop blaming Tan.
Warnock would have us beat Sheffield Wednesday with smarter faster play. Saadi would have been on the bench. Trollope wants to play football, Slade wants to talk us to death.
with Slade!!

Who appointed Slade?

Sun May 01, 2016 12:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
with Slade!!

Who appointed Slade?

Was thinking the same thing. Could have sworn Tan was the person who appointed Slade, against the wishes of the majority of City fans.

Mon May 02, 2016 4:56 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
with Slade!!

Who appointed Slade?

Was thinking the same thing. Could have sworn Tan was the person who appointed Slade, against the wishes of the majority of City fans.

Exactly.