Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW TODAY " WE HAVE ONLY OURSELVES TO BLAME & NOT JUST

Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:51 pm

My View/Opinion

" WE HAVE ONLY OURSELVES TO BLAME AND NOT JUST "

We have only ourselves to blame and not just for todays loss,but for many previous games where like today we just sat back and did nothing for the majority of the game.

For me our fans did not deserve this and I hope many players are shipped out this Summer including Russell Slade.

For me City stood off in the first half and allowed Sheffield Wednesday to attack,that was not what I was expecting from a team that needed to win.

Sheffield Wednesday deserved today's win and Slade should look at his tactics.

Cardiff fans had sung their hearts out :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 3 CARDIFF CITY 0

Crowd 31,843
Away Support 1,010 incl 50 comps

Marshall, Peltier, Malone, Connolly, Morrison, Dikgacoi, O'Keefe, Whittingham, Noone, Zohore, Pilkington.

Subs: Moore, Turner, Manga, Gunnarsson, Harris, Lawrence, Ameobi.

Over 1,000 Cardiff fans had followed the Bluebirds today and they knew nothing less than a victory today and it would be goodbye to our play-off hopes once and for all.
So it was simple, a win for City and we were still in with a chance,a draw or win for Wednesday and they were guaranteed the play-offs.

Sheffield Wednesday attacked City from the start and City laid back.

Pilkington got injured early on and after dragging around for 9minutes came off in the 20th minute to be replaced by Sammy Ameobi.

Wednesday continued to press forward and with Marshall beaten,thankfully hit the post.

Game got a bit fiesty with both teams going in hard,O'Keefe booked.

After 40 mins, it had mainly been Wednesday,but had had a few chances.

To be fair Ameobi had played well, Zohore quite.

Half-time Sheff Wed 0 Cardiff City 0

City started to play a bit better.

61st min Morrison went off injured and was replaced by Manga.

64th min Sheff Wed scored,but in all honesty they deserved it 1-0 :cry:

74th min and a hollower by David Marshall made it 2-0 Wednesday :cry: :cry:

This finally hurt the City faithful and their heads went down knowing it was all over :cry:

94th min,Wednesday scored a 3rd to make matters even worse.

Wednesday have deservedly beaten us today.

Full-time Sheff Wed 3 Cardiff City 0

Up next Birmingham City home next Saturday 12.30pm :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW TODAY " WE HAVE ONLY OURSELVES TO BLAME & NOT J

Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:56 pm

Today highlighted once again nothing to offer upfront. :(

Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:57 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Today highlighted once again nothing to offer upfront. :(

And I can only blame Slade and Tan for that as they also could see that.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:01 pm

Surely now the powers to be can see the shortcomings of the team and manager so hopefully will correct this ASAP?

Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:My View/Opinion

We have only ourselves to blame and not just for todays loss,but for many previous games where like today we just sat back and did nothing for the majority of the game.

For me our fans did not deserve this and I hope many players are shipped out this Summer including Russell Slade.

For me City stood off in the first half and allowed Sheffield Wednesday to attack,that was not what I was expecting from a team that needed to win.

Crowd 31,843

Marshall, Peltier, Malone, Connolly, Morrison, Dikgacoi, O'Keefe, Whittingham, Noone, Zohore, Pilkington.

Over 1,000 Cardiff fans had followed the Bluebirds today and they knew nothing less than a victory today and it would be goodbye to our play-off hopes once and for all.
So it was simple, a win for City and we were still in with a chance,a draw or win for Wednesday and they were guaranteed the play-offs.

Pilkington got injured early on and after dragging around for 9minutes came off in the 20th minute to be replaced by Sammy Ameobi.

Wednesday continued to press forward and with Marshall beaten,thankfully hit the post.

This finally hurt the City faithful and their heads went down knowing it was all over :cry:

Nothing new with this and will continue as long
as RS is in charge.

If he went now there would be a surge of supporters
Renewing season tickets.

Will the club see that or not!

Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:02 pm

Well done Wednesday ,city threw two goal leads away to both Burnley and Wednesday earlier this season but in fairness the top six are the best six this season, the table doesn't lie...finishing top 8 is better than expected but lack of strikers who can score goals a big problem...no pilks most of today and immers out made it even more difficult.

Playoffs should be good and it's a lottery that anyone can win.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:03 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Surely now the powers to be can see the shortcomings of the team and manager so hopefully will correct this ASAP?

Allan, lets wait and see what happens this Summer over to them.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:04 pm

Slades poor tactics again he always sets teams up not to lose , not a striker on the bench today in a must win game (Saadi was on the bench last week)
I just really hope he's not here next season he's not good enough at this level tactically

I think the supporters ambitions were higher than those who run the club. Next season will be the same. More cost cutting while ensuring we retain our Championship status.

corky wrote:Well done Wednesday ,city threw two goal leads away to both Burnley and Wednesday earlier this season but in fairness the top six are the best six this season, the table doesn't lie...finishing top 8 is better than expected but lack of strikers who can score goals a big problem...no pilks most of today and immers out made it even more difficult.

Playoffs should be good and it's a lottery that anyone can win.

Spot on Paul, the table does not lie and we don't deserve to be there.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Surely now the powers to be can see the shortcomings of the team and manager so hopefully will correct this ASAP?

Yes annis but think new manager is a must if we are to progress must have new ideas and strikers players like nooon need to go as well :old:

Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:07 pm

darran1927 wrote:

Slades poor tactics again he always sets teams up not to lose , not a striker on the bench today in a must win game (Saadi was on the bench last week)
I just really hope he's not here next season he's not good enough at this level tactically

But hes staying so I'm willing to give him more chances. :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:08 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yes annis but think new manager is a must if we are to progress must have new ideas and strikers players like nooon need to go as well :old:

Allan, Def a new manager to take us forward :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

We are not far short of being good team but not with slade :thumbup:

Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:13 pm

Slade in :sladein:

He's done more than enough to have another crack at it next year. What he's achieved since January is amazing really, considering he had 3 strikers removed from the club (4 if you add Revell).

We've nearly been a good team this year, and our 7th or 8th place reflects this. It's been a good rather than a great season, and I hope Russell Slade gets a chance to improve on it next season.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:16 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
darran1927 wrote:

he's had enough chances , he moans at lack of strikers yet he signed 4 and he sent 2 ut on loan as they are not good enough at this level and he signed Zahore whos very raw and only now been given a start (been here since January) and Saadi who he signed injured and then puts him on the bench and drops him , then comes out with saying that he didn't want to give Saadi or Zahore starts(instead of Pilks) as they haven't scored as many this season , well if they actually had minutes on the pitch they may actually score as they can't score from the bench . The man is an idiot don't like his football his tactics are don't lose and try and knick a win , i've said all season I want him out and I still do :sladeout:

Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:17 pm

darran1927 wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
darran1927 wrote:

he's had enough chances , he moans at lack of strikers yet he signed 4 and he sent 2 ut on loan as they are not good enough at this level and he signed Zahore whos very raw and only now been given a start (been here since January) and Saadi who he signed injured and then puts him on the bench and drops him , then comes out with saying that he didn't want to give Saadi or Zahore starts(instead of Pilks) as they haven't scored as many this season , well if they actually had minutes on the pitch they may actually score as they can't score from the bench . The man is an idiot don't like his football his tactics are don't lose and try and knick a win , i've said all season I want him out and I still do :sladeout:

Well you going to have to put up with him Tan loves him.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:20 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
darran1927 wrote:

Well you going to have to put up with him Tan loves him.

Only because he's cheap , you get what you pay for and he is cheap for a reason

Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:47 pm

[/quote]Nothing new with this and will continue as long
as RS is in charge.

Renewing season tickets.

Will the club see that or not![/quote]

Agree with everything said in topic but this quote is absolute bolloaks. Is this the same surge of supporters who would return when we returned to blue or maybe the same surge who promised to return when debt was converted to equity :sleepy2:

Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:56 pm

BlueVanman wrote:
as RS is in charge.

Renewing season tickets.

Will the club see that or not![/quote]

Agree with everything said in topic but this quote is absolute bolloaks. Is this the same surge of supporters who would return when we returned to blue or maybe the same surge who promised to return when debt was converted to equity :sleepy2:[/quote]

My opinion of him, he is better than you though

you numb nuts

Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:10 pm

Excellent reply, well done give yourself a tap on back

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:12 pm

No manager would have got this squad higher in the league , we have to face it the club is a mess but not anyway near as it was under previous managers and maybe just maybe Tan and the club are now trying to build the club and start building
learning from dreadful costly mistakes of the past.

I am not happy in the way we lost today actually quite disgusted with the players as they clearly didn't play well as Sheff Wed deserved it I would have been ok with a 1-0 loss but 3-0 I feel for the 1000 supporters who had to pay all that money to go and get let down by the players & Slade but Slade can not have all the blame it sounds to me as certain players have to go they are not good enough or just turn up for the good wages they are on.

Plus we have no strikers not decent ones anyway so I have to say at the beginning of the season I would have been happy with 10th but we got 7th and took it to the end sadly a poor finish when we needed a big performance .

I do not want marshal sold but he can not be captain next season
Okeef has been great this season so has Pilks his hard work and determination and changing position been great however I cannot shout about many more some of them quite average and did a job some others need to go.

Slade has to be giving money and then by xmas we are still poor then I will agree slade out but he has had no money in a very difficult position had to save money and got us just off the play offs that's not bad

Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:37 pm

valleyrambill wrote:No manager would have got this squad higher in the league , we have to face it the club is a mess but not anyway near as it was under previous managers and maybe just maybe Tan and the club are now trying to build the club and start building

I am not happy in the way we lost today actually quite disgusted with the players as they clearly didn't play well as Sheff Wed deserved it I would have been ok with a 1-0 loss but 3-0 I feel for the 1000 supporters who had to pay all that money to go and get let down by the players & Slade but Slade can not have all the blame it sounds to me as certain players have to go they are not good enough or just turn up for the good wages they are on.

Plus we have no strikers not decent ones anyway so I have to say at the beginning of the season I would have been happy with 10th but we got 7th and took it to the end sadly a poor finish when we needed a big performance .

Okeef has been great this season so has Pilks his hard work and determination and changing position been great however I cannot shout about many more some of them quite average and did a job some others need to go.

Slade has to be giving money and then by xmas we are still poor then I will agree slade out but he has had no money in a very difficult position had to save money and got us just off the play offs that's not bad

Spot on mate, isn't it Funny how Trollope and the players seem to miss out on all the negative feedback.

Good game, good result = must be Trollopes doing
Bad game, poor result = must Be Slades fault
Players cant be arsed = must be Slades fault
Global waning = must be Slades fault
WW3 = must be Slades fault
My teas burned, Grrrrrrrrr, that twot Slade

And NO i am not a Slade fan but i can also see that it is not just black and white and the players and yes some blinkered Fans also need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:42 pm

BlueVanman wrote:
valleyrambill wrote:No manager would have got this squad higher in the league , we have to face it the club is a mess but not anyway near as it was under previous managers and maybe just maybe Tan and the club are now trying to build the club and start building

Spot on mate, isn't it Funny how Trollope and the players seem to miss out on all the negative feedback.

Good game, good result = must be Trollopes doing
Bad game, poor result = must Be Slades fault
Players cant be arsed = must be Slades fault
Global waning = must be Slades fault
WW3 = must be Slades fault
My teas burned, Grrrrrrrrr, that twot Slade

And NO i am not a Slade fan but i can also see that it is not just black and white and the players also need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:20 pm

We beat them 3-1 with yellow cards

Another positive :thumbup:

Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:20 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I think the supporters ambitions were higher than those who run the club. Next season will be the same. More cost cutting while ensuring we retain our Championship status.

Steve, Sadly I feel the same way how I see the club going

Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:I think the supporters ambitions were higher than those who run the club. Next season will be the same. More cost cutting while ensuring we retain our Championship status.

Steve, Sadly I feel the same way how I see the club going

If we start giving the young players a go with a young progressive managing I have no problem but if we keep using journeymen treading water its going to be miserable

Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:19 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:

Crowd 31,843

as RS is in charge.

Renewing season tickets.

Fair comment Karl, We've still only sold 10,000 for next season at very very cheap prices

Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Crowd 31,843

as RS is in charge.

Renewing season tickets.

Fair comment Karl, We've still only sold 10,000 for next season at very very cheap prices

And how many of those will turn up each week if Slade remains in charge

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

We are not far short of being good team but not with slade :thumbup:

Allan, the squad was there.