Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I AM SHOCKED TO HEAR THIS "

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:49 am

" I AM SHOCKED TO HEAR THIS "

Sheffield Wednesday v Cardiff City

Saturday 30th April 2016

Cardiff City have sold just over a 1,000 tickets(incl 50 comps) for todays biggest game of the season, Sheffield Wednesday have sold out the home end and may open up the bottom tier of the away end for their home fans.
(Info Vince Alm)

City have officially sold 1,010 tickets including 50 comps.

The Cardiff City travel groups all had an email from South Wales Police saying that we were expected to take over 1,500 fans including 20 coaches.
Sheffield Wednesday offered us 4,000 tickets.
Its our final away game of the season and our biggest game for over two years,even a normal final away game of the season you would expect over a 1,000 Cardiff fans to travel.

WHATS HAPPENED TO OUR ONCE GREAT AWAY SUPPORT?

I grew up always seeing and loving our great/passionate away support.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " I AM SHOCKED TO HEAR THIS "

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:52 am

Forever Blue wrote:" I AM SHOCKED TO HEAR THIS "

Saturday 30th April 2016

Cardiff City have sold just over a 1,000 tickets(incl 50 comps) for todays biggest game of the season, Sheffield Wednesday have sold out the home end and may open up the bottom tier of the away end for their home fans.
(Info Vince Alm)

The Cardiff City travel groups all had an email from South Wales Police saying that we were expected to take over 1,500 fans including 20 coaches.
Its our final away game of the season and our biggest game for over two years,even a normal final away game of the season you would expect over a 1,000 Cardiff fans to travel

Thought you said in the week we sold 1700

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:54 am

wez1927 wrote:

Saturday 30th April 2016

(Info Vince Alm)

Its our final away game of the season and our biggest game for over two years,even a normal final away game of the season you would expect over a 1,000 Cardiff fans to travel

Thought you said in the week we sold 1700

Wez, the Police told the travel groups by email this week that what they were expecting.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:54 am

Lol so did I no one is expecting anything up there so can't be arsed

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:57 am

DEANO wrote:Lol so did I no one is expecting anything up there so can't be arsed

I'm f*cking going and you've got to believe and support your team mate

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:57 am

crap support

Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:00 am

Ticket prices not helped. Not stopped us though. Looking forward to it.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:02 am

There was confusion over the time at one point it was early kick off at 12.30, then it was a Friday then a Sunday all a tad annoying when your trying to arrange a day off. Still be there in mind and soul if not in body. Annis say hello to sam from brighton he there.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:03 am

Don't know where SWP get their info from but I had an email saying we were taking over 1,500 and that was the middle of the week.

I am surprised for what is our final away league match of the season to only be taking 1,000.

We are on the M42 already :bluescarf:

Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:06 am

Our support home and away has been very poor for quite some time. 36 quid tickets is ridiculous and I think most city fans don't believe we can win there. Still 1000 fans is terrible

Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:10 am

DEANO wrote:Lol so did I no one is expecting anything up there so can't be arsed

Typical city fan attitude these days, weak as f**k

Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:13 am

nubbsy wrote:

Sadly our away support this season means we are 19th out of 24 teams in the Championship,yet our team is 7th in the Championship.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:14 am

I'm not going because I'm brasic, blew my budget in barca last week!

Alot of my friends turned it down when they found out it was £36 for a ticket and an RV.
Last edited by nubbsy on Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:15 am

Not a great following at all.

I understand some people can't go. People who like me, who are working, or if money doesn't allow it. But plenty of our fans can afford it and don't work Saturdays.

I can't understand why, if people can go, they choose not to. It's our biggest game for three years, and where the team need us more than ever.

If I could, I'd be at every game so I really can't get my head round why our supporters choose not to go.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:15 am

£36 quid ha ha ha - surprised theres a 1000 people silly enough to pay it...

Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:18 am

rumpo kid wrote:£36 quid ha ha ha - surprised theres a 1000 people silly enough to pay it...

Well I am going mate and other clubs take thousands

Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:19 am

A few people were shocked with the prices too

Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:23 am

Forever Blue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Sadly our away support this season means we are 19th out of 24 teams in the Championship,yet our team is 7th in the Championship.

That is a shocking stat! :shock:

Watch them all come crawling back if we ever make it back to the Premier League! :roll:

Modern football fans for you. :sleepy2:

Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:24 am

lathamgaffney wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Watch them all come crawling back if we ever make it back to the Premier League! :roll:

If we were promoted, next season we would sell out every away game including the ones £50 plus, like we did last time.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:26 am

Thought we were taking over 1,700 ?

Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:31 am

Everyone's own choice, but it's the last away, so all summer to save up.
I would have been miserable as sin if I'd decided not to go today and missed it.

Disappointing that so many don't really seem to care.

Saying that, the ticket price IS disgusting, but our club can't be blamed - they've given out 30k free tickets in the last month.

Hope the players forget the numbers and do it for the ones that are there.

10 minutes from Rotherham now :thumbup:

Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:53 am

I think the cost has played a part in this. Not a cheap day out. Also, it's a bank holiday and unfortunately a lot of wives probably expect their other halves to be spending time with them. I know a few of my mates have been dragged away for the weekend.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:58 am

I was thinking of going with my son,but the cost of tickets and the fact that my wife sorted a weekend in Saundersfoot for my birthday,put me off.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:05 am

Saturday 30th April 2016

(Info Vince Alm)

Its our final away game of the season and our biggest game for over two years,even a normal final away game of the season you would expect over a 1,000 Cardiff fans to travel.

Could it be a lack of faith in Slades ability to get the the victory we so desperately need

Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:09 am

erinsown wrote:Thought we were taking over 1,700 ?

Keep up at the back...!! :lol:

Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:09 am

Forever Blue wrote:
lathamgaffney wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

If we were promoted, next season we would sell out every away game including the ones £50 plus, like we did last time.

The worst thing for me Annis isn't those who can't or don't go but those who come on here and actively discourage those who do go and make these mocking comments.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:12 am

Sadly a big part of the reason is that generation of fans have grown older, it's true and a fact. I include myself in that, I usually do 5-7 aways and did 6 last year but this year just 3. Nothing to so with not caring, slade or any other reason but just I have my own business a young baby and other kids and while I would to have been on that bus today it's a full day out, tired next day and priorities change.

It's true if we were in the prem we would sell out, but big deal. Man Utd away is a lot more appealing than for instance Wolves away or Shef weds where it's been done a million times. Plus today is not a winner takes all.

Let's focus on the positives, those 1,000 will be loud. We have a chance. :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:21 am

angelis1949 wrote:

Saturday 30th April 2016

(Info Vince Alm)

Could it be a lack of faith in Slades ability to get the the victory we so desperately need

You may have a point, although I don't think it is all down to Slade. There has been a very lethargic and somewhat cynical attitude towards whole show this season

I can understand a lot of people not going because of work or tight finances, but I baulk at suggestions that those who usually go are missing out simply because Sheffield Wednesday are over-charging for tickets

Any away day is hard on the wallet and I can't see people missing out for less than a tenner's difference, so there has to be something else and a lethargic hangover from a tough season (on and off the field) is the likely reason

I hope all those travelling are able to stick two fingers up at us stayaways come 5pm after City come away with a positive result that keeps us in the hunt for the final week :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:21 am

nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
lathamgaffney wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

The worst thing for me Annis isn't those who can't or don't go but those who come on here and actively discourage those who do go and make these mocking comments.

The supporters who still go and follow our club week in week out and spend their hard earned money should never ever be mocked for their loyalty to Cardiff City.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:22 am

Forever Blue wrote:
lathamgaffney wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Unfortunately that is modern football for you Annis! :roll: