Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' I Would Risk Him today and shock Wednesday '

Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:29 am

:ayatollah: ' I Would Risk Him today and shock Wednesday ' :ayatollah:

I PERSONALLY BELIEVE ITS WORTH RISKING STARTING WITH KADEEM HARRIS/HIS PACE/ENERGY/SKILL WOULD PROBABLY BE A SHOCK TO WEDNESDAY & THEY WONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT HIM.

OPINIONS? :ayatollah:

Kadeem Harris will be in Russell Slade’s thoughts going into this weekend after impressing last week and the Cardiff boss may be forced to tweak his squad in order to out-smart calculated Sheffield Wednesday boss Carlos Carvalhal.

By Jamie Kemble

Saturday 30th April 2016

Harris has featured heavily for the development team in the second half of the season after suffering an injury earlier in the campaign. The 22-year-old was given a number of opportunities in the first team towards the end of last season but a red card at Brentford meant he was omitted.

The tricky winger possesses a pace that very few full-backs can handle and that’s why he could be the unexpected key to picking up three points at Hillsborough. Wednesday will have done their homework on the Bluebirds’ stalwarts but Harris may go under the radar to a certain extent.

It would certainly be a risk to throw in an inexperienced winger in this most vital of fixtures but it’s risks in the biggest of games that can make a team’s season.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' I Would Risk Him today and shock Wednesday '

Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:04 am

Slade taking a risk?!!!
:lol:

Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:06 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Slade taking a risk?!!!

Kadeem, is looking for a new contract,he will be on fire :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:24 am

No way he'll play, but he could make a big impact from the bench. Bring him on ahead of Ameobi any day.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:38 am

What ever Slade does today he'll get slaughtered on here.If he plays this kid and we lose they'll be queuing up on here to tell Slade how they wouldn't have done it for such an important game but I agree with you Annis some kind of curve ball needs to happen today as you can bet they'll know our normal game inside out.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:48 am

Yes I would play him :thumbup:

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:07 am

Sub only today.
Against Bolton he was constantly 1 on 1 with the makeshift fullback and skinned him often.
Today he would rarely have that luxury (against 11 men) and his covering / positional play etc may be rusty.
Impact player though deffo.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:09 am

Good shout

We have to go for a win today and keeping it tight and predicable is no good at this time of the season.

I don't know why but I have a good feeling today :bluescarf:

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:26 am

bluemun wrote:No way he'll play, but he could make a big impact from the bench. Bring him on ahead of Ameobi any day.

Prob won't be started,but a shame.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:28 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:What ever Slade does today he'll get slaughtered on here.If he plays this kid and we lose they'll be queuing up on here to tell Slade how they wouldn't have done it for such an important game but I agree with you Annis some kind of curve ball needs to happen today as you can bet they'll know our normal game inside out.

As long our team give 100% and even if we lose we go down fighting,I hope No one slags them off or Slade today.

They will know our game plan and so if we played a player like Harris we would surprise them :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:29 am

theclaw wrote:Yes I would play him :thumbup:

Worth it as we have not be to clever lately.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:30 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Sub only today.
Against Bolton he was constantly 1 on 1 with the makeshift fullback and skinned him often.
Today he would rarely have that luxury (against 11 men) and his covering / positional play etc may be rusty.
Impact player though deffo.

I could see him give the performance of his career and could be a hero.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:31 am

cardiffblue74 wrote:Good shout

We have to go for a win today and keeping it tight and predicable is no good at this time of the season.

I don't know why but I have a good feeling today :bluescarf:

We have to go all out for a win,no boring draws,no looking to scrape a win as we could not take 85mins of our defence being bombarded,but we have to attack them today.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:36 am

I can't see him starting but I'd love to see him come on as an early sub if things arnt working. He loves getting to the bi line and Zahore should lap that up being a big guy

Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:08 am

I would start him for sure. Zohore could be the difference for me. He has something about him. A rough diamond maybe

Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:13 am

Not sure but I do agree a few curve balls need to be played from the off as it's not working at present.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:34 am

Should've been playing since the start of the season.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:35 am

Ironically, I believe Slade has nothing to lose today, so throw them a curved ball and let's see what happens :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:59 am

SLADE DOES NOT TAKE RISKS THATS WHY HE HASENT EVER ACHIEVED ANYTHING IN THE GAME

Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:30 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:Should've been playing since the start of the season.

Even with the benefit of hindsight instead of who ?

Don't say Ameobi because he is not a starter. So its between recognised championship class of Joe Ralls, Nooney, Whitts or Pilkington vrs league 1 Kadeem

Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:33 am

llan bluebird wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:Should've been playing since the start of the season.

Even with the benefit of hindsight instead of who ?

Don't say Ameobi because he is not a starter. So its between recognised championship class of Joe Ralls, Nooney, Whitts or Pilkington vrs league 1 Kadeem

I'd have him instead of Pilks because Kads is a 442 winger and Pilks isn't.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:48 am

nubbsy wrote:I can't see him starting but I'd love to see him come on as an early sub if things arnt working. He loves getting to the bi line and Zahore should lap that up being a big guy

This is probably Annis' curve ball :idea: Sheffield W will know Noone is going to cut in and shoot time and time again, and time and time again it won't work because the Owls will be ready for it.

Kadeem starting and going straight for the bi-line and sticking some crosses over with Zohore's name on them would do for starters :thumbup:

Come on RS Fortune Favours the Bold (or Bald if you like!) :D

Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:52 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:What ever Slade does today he'll get slaughtered on here.If he plays this kid and we lose they'll be queuing up on here to tell Slade how they wouldn't have done it for such an important game but I agree with you Annis some kind of curve ball needs to happen today as you can bet they'll know our normal game inside out.

As long our team give 100% and even if we lose we go down fighting,I hope No one slags them off or Slade today.

They will know our game plan and so if we played a player like Harris we would surprise them :thumbright: :thumbright:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Providing they turn up and give it their all, both RS and the players should be commended for their season's efforts today.

Once the season is over then we can look back and have our opinion's good or bad.

Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:59 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Providing they turn up and give it their all, both RS and the players should be commended for their season's efforts today.

Once the season is over then we can look back and have our opinion's good or bad.

Agree, didn't think we would be in this position. Future looks good :thumbup:

Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:45 pm

well he did risk him shame game was lost when slade decided to risk him ! :o